Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Hit the f7 three times today, forgot just how much I love this club. Mid flight off the fairway long and straight. Out of the rough, just as long but with a higher flight. These clubs continue to amaze.

I've heard great things about the 7, and I love my F5 but the F3 isn't as easy for me to hit.

I've heard great things about the 7, and I love my F5 but the F3 isn't as easy for me to hit.

That's understandable. As easy as they are to hit (for fairway woods), it's still a 3w and I had my good and bad days.

yeah the F3 used to by my club of choice, now im not as consistent with it.

Mid round I pondered trying to trade it for a F5

It's going to be a sad day when these clubs come out of my bag. Fortunately for me, they will be replaced with some new greatness from Cleveland!

It's going to be a sad day when these clubs come out of my bag. Fortunately for me, they will be replaced with some new greatness from Cleveland!

You know I am a little jealous because I really love my CG set up, but at the same time I have a few new things to look forward to as well.

You know I am a little jealous because I really love my CG set up, but at the same time I have a few new things to look forward to as well.
It's been a solid setup for me over the past year, very reliable.

Hello, First of all, sorry for my english. Its not my first language.I just bought a Cleveland Classic driver and I would like to buy a 3 wood as well. I started to play golf not long ago so I am not really good. I found a good deal on a Mashie FW and I would like to know if this is a good fairway wood for me. (hard to hit? forgiveness?).

Thanks

Hello, First of all, sorry for my english. Its not my first language.I just bought a Cleveland Classic driver and I would like to buy a 3 wood as well. I started to play golf not long ago so I am not really good. I found a good deal on a Mashie FW and I would like to know if this is a good fairway wood for me. (hard to hit? forgiveness?).

Thanks

I have found the Mashie fairway woods to be some of the easiest to hit on the market, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks

I have found the Mashie fairway woods to be some of the easiest to hit on the market, but that is just my opinion.

Welcome to THP! Agreed with Yorkem here. The mashies are pretty easy to hit. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend the F5 (5W) over a 3W. Much easier to hit off the deck and I've found that I use it much more often. Plus the yardage gap is likely not so huge to absolutely require both. Good luck man! Mashies can be had for a great price right now. I think the F5 is the best fairway wood I've ever owned thus far...

Thanks

Yes, the mashie is a great club. Very versatile as a club to hit off of the tee, off of the fairway, out of the rough and whereever else you can think to hit it. Definitely worth a try

Thank you all. Now I feel better with my purchase. I actually went with the 3W because I got a really good deal on that one and for the price I couldnt say no. Hopefully it will be a good choice along with my new Classic 290.

Thank you all. Now I feel better with my purchase. I actually went with the 3W because I got a really good deal on that one and for the price I couldnt say no. Hopefully it will be a good choice along with my new Classic 290.

Congrats on the new purchase! The F3 is definitely no slouch. Let us know how it works out for you.

Great pickup, then once you become a believer you can hunt for the 5W and 7W lol

Welcome to THP! Agreed with Yorkem here. The mashies are pretty easy to hit. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend the F5 (5W) over a 3W. Much easier to hit off the deck and I've found that I use it much more often. Plus the yardage gap is likely not so huge to absolutely require both. Good luck man! Mashies can be had for a great price right now. I think the F5 is the best fairway wood I've ever owned thus far...

While I understand your reasoning for getting the F3, I could not agree more with JonD, especially the bolded sections.

While I understand your reasoning for getting the F3, I could not agree more with JonD, especially the bolded sections.

I do love the F3 off the tee, but if I had to drop a club for another wedge, it would likely be the first to go.

I brought my TF3 with me last night to my sim league. I have avoided it since I think the mashie line as a whole is better off turf then any types of mats. But I will say I was hitting it rather well. I really don't know if I want to change 3 woods this year. I loved this thing off the tee and it was good from the fairway and rough when I didn't over swing. I had visions of going X hot 3 wood with an F5 to back it up, but I'm not sure that will be the case

I brought my TF3 with me last night to my sim league. I have avoided it since I think the mashie line as a whole is better off turf then any types of mats. But I will say I was hitting it rather well. I really don't know if I want to change 3 woods this year. I loved this thing off the tee and it was good from the fairway and rough when I didn't over swing. I had visions of going X hot 3 wood with an F5 to back it up, but I'm not sure that will be the case

This is generally the same feeling I have ddec. I'm tempted by the talk in the Classic XL thread, but it would have to be a game changer to lure me away from the F3...

This is generally the same feeling I have ddec. I'm tempted by the talk in the Classic XL thread, but it would have to be a game changer to lure me away from the F3...

I get tempted a lot, esp with 3 woods. But last night just brought back that certain comfort level that I have with this club.

I get tempted a lot, esp with 3 woods. But last night just brought back that certain comfort level that I have with this club.

That's awesome. I'm doing my best to avoid any more purchases until I get my swing back where I need it. I can crush my F3 off the tee but need to get it back in check off the deck. I know it's there. Just have to find it again.

I hit my new F3 for the first time outside yesterday, and that thing just flies and flies! I was on a mat, so I couldn't tell turf interaction, but I hit it very well off the deck. I hit it poorly off the tee because all I had was a rubber tee that was way too high and I skyed the crap out of a few. But overall, very very happy. I seem to be able to fly the ball straight much more easily than I could with my Amp 3W

I hit my new F3 for the first time outside yesterday, and that thing just flies and flies! I was on a mat, so I couldn't tell turf interaction, but I hit it very well off the deck. I hit it poorly off the tee because all I had was a rubber tee that was way too high and I skyed the crap out of a few. But overall, very very happy. I seem to be able to fly the ball straight much more easily than I could with my Amp 3W

If you are hitting this club well off of a mat, you will absolutely love it of off grass.

I yoinked his Mashie and hit it to compare to my HiBore 15*, and I have to second this! Crushed it off the mat, can really feel the thinner face vs my trusty old HiBore. Tempting! But, would need to do a more thorough comparison before changing - maybe next time at GG I'll get on the monitor and see...

Back