If Webb Simpson was any slower....

I don't understand why they don't put every group on the clock from the first tee. Don't you think if they were on the clock from the word go, they wouldn't be so slow?

Not sure what they do now.
But that is a great idea.

Done this was, no one could say they are being "singled out" or "profiled"..:thumb: .. Just makes too much sense..

One of the biggest reasons people give up or never take up golf is that it "takes too much time". This would be a great opportunity for the USGA to do something that will be for the betterment and or growth of the game (speed up play) but they are afraid it will offend the pros.

I say tough %$#@, find a way to penalize the ones holding every one else up and if some pros don't like it I'm sure there are some driving ranges out there that they could go work for that would appreciate their deliberate ways.

There have been courses that have went from 29 into 36 hole loops, and have been extremely successful with that business model. I don't think every course could work under that, but there is certainly a market for it.

^Siri probably sucks.

He's gotten alot better. He's really not the slowest anymore. I'd say he's better then Keegan right now. Good lord that kid will annoy me sometimes. I'd HATE to play in his group.

Keegan has issues as well..About the 4th time he started and stopped I'd be yelling to hit the freakin thing already.. He is very hard to watch on TV....

There have been courses that have went from 29 into 36 hole loops, and have been extremely successful with that business model. I don't think every course could work under that, but there is certainly a market for it.

^Siri probably sucks.

We should not have to "change" courses because of slow players. Slow players should be "forced" to become "normal"... JMHO

Keegan has issues as well..About the 4th time he started and stopped I'd be yelling to hit the freakin thing already.. He is very hard to watch on TV....

I have to agree, plus his grip sponsor must HATE him the way he filps that damn club. He must twist each club he uses at least 10 times per shot lol.

I have to agree, plus his grip sponsor must HATE him the way he filps that damn club. He must twist each club he uses at least 10 times per shot lol.

One of these times he's going to hit the ball, flipping the club.

One of these times he's going to hit the ball, flipping the club.

Yeah.. Now that would be funny to see.. LoL

Until the USGA grows a set and starts penalizing strokes it will never get better.

Amen. Hit these guys in the pocket with a shot clock and it will be an instant turnaround.

One of the biggest reasons people give up or never take up golf is that it "takes too much time". This would be a great opportunity for the USGA to do something that will be for the betterment and or growth of the game (speed up play) but they are afraid it will offend the pros.

I say tough %$#@, find a way to penalize the ones holding every one else up and if some pros don't like it I'm sure there are some driving ranges out there that they could go work for that would appreciate their deliberate ways.

The USGA has nothing to do with pace of play on the PGA Tour. Where you you guys get these ideas? The Rules of Golf do allow for the committee to establish pace of play parameters and a policy for enforcement, but it's up to the competition committee or association to set the policy.

Rule 6-7:

6-7. Undue Delay; Slow Play

The player must play without undue delay and in accordance with any pace of play guidelines that the Committee may establish. Between completion of a hole and playing from the next teeing ground, the player must not unduly delay play.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 6-7:

Match play – Loss of hole; Stroke play – Two strokes.

In stroke play, the Committee may, in such a condition, modify the penalty for a breach of this Rule as follows:
First offense – One stroke;
Second offense – Two strokes;
For subsequent offense – Disqualification.

The committee can establish a pace of play policy which is appropriate for the course and type of competition.

Conditions of the competition:

3. Pace Of Play (Note 2 To Rule 6-7)

The Committee may establish pace of play guidelines to help prevent slow play, in accordance with Note 2 to Rule 6-7.

The first time I have EVER agreed with Miller. He is sloooooooooooooooooooow.
I don't that say that too often either, but at least he's right when it comes to Webb and even Day to an extent.

The slow play just really kills the broadcast. Leaves these booth guys searching ffor things to talk about and its painful

Slow play on TV can be fixed by changing channels. Slow play in a 4some in front of you or in your group ruins your day....

I don't like watching Simpson because he is way too slow....and I don't like watching J Miller because he knows way too much. (or so he thinks)

Perhaps some of these slow guys on tour don't think they have done a days work unless they can string it out to being on the course for 6 hours+.

I am really surprised that Simpson isn't put on the clock befor he leaves the locker room.

There really is no excuse for it.. Like everything else in our country, there is a rule against it but our "leaders" make excuses rather than enforce it.. Whats next,,,, They are slow because the designers make the courses to hard....

You would think he would be in a hurry to get back to that wife of his.

Slow play on TV can be fixed by changing channels. Slow play in a 4some in front of you or in your group ruins your day....

Very true...Slow play from the group in front of you drives me insane....I know you got more than 1 ball in your bag so quit looking for the one that you hit 30 yards right into the woods your not gonna play it from there and your damn sure not gonna find it. Drop a ball and play.

Grip it and rip it for the win.

THPing on Tapatalk

Between Simpson and Furyk, I find myself yelling at the t.v. "Hit the damn ball already!"

I've been in funeral processions faster than Simpson anf Furyk play, and watching Keegan is like watching golf in one flew over the cuckoo's nest with all the rocking and club flipping. I love this game, but it's gotta change soon regarding the slow play or we're going to lose more players.

Played a round of golf 2 weeks ago that took 5+ hours to finish and the group of guys in front that was causing the backup let nobody play through..And no marshall in sight..

I followed him at the Barclays in Plainfield NJ and he wasn't to bad there. Of course I was about 8 beers in though so that may of had something to do with it.

Longest round I have ever played was 8 hours. That is not a misprint. 8 LOOOOONNNG hours. Was an outing with the Manhattan midtown north precinct. It was so bad that I didn't even stick around for the dinner afterwards. Just wanted to get home.

Between Simpson and Furyk, I find myself yelling at the t.v. "Hit the damn ball already!"
I find myself saying that a lot to a huge number of golfers lately!!!

Back