Please offer your advice......

Please offer your advice......

LOL, Nike PAYS better players...

Well obviously. Better players get paid in every sport, dummy.

Edit: Meant to say the AMP's are the way to go!!

For their talent!! NOT their sticks...

Dummy? Really...

For their talent!! NOT their sticks...

Dummy? Really...

They have the #1 and #2 golfers in the world. Clearly not getting paid for lack of talent. You're just being stubborn and argumentative.

If you hit them the same, I'd go Cobra. Otherwise play what you get better numbers/higher confidence with.

If your numbers are close between both I'd go with the Amp Pro just cause it looks bad azz.

I feel like you would know the VR blades were for you.

For that reason alone, go Cobra. Avoid Mizuno. TaylorMade makes better forged irons.

Bit of a Nike homer, but those Cobra's are incredible

That's a tough one, Nike builds a beautiful club and Cobra supports the Morgan Cup. I'm a Nike fan so it's a tough call for me but you have to look down at them not us.

Lots of suggestions either way here but my view is always to go with what works best for you, and the only way you are going to know that is by getting yourself to a decent golf retailer and getting on a launch monitor with two or three different sets of irons.

If you have a club preference then make it known and ask for those to be included in the test, but get yourself "tested" and properly fitted and you will find that what ever you purchase will be far more enjoyable to play with.

I am a little confused. The AMP Cell's are not forged. There is the AMP forged which came out last year. I assume you are talking about the AMP Cell Pro's which are forged and not out yet?

Yes, my bad, it is the Amp Cell Pro's............vs the Nike VR ll musclebacks..........which I did own once and loved but circumstances led me to sell them off so I'm syuck between these two as my choice. Thanks.

Doc

He asked between a set of Nike's and a set of Cobra's. if you don't have experience with either, why bother chiming in. When someone has it narrowed down to two iron sets, they usually have a reason and are not looking for others thoughts on other irons not stated.

Side note: blu is the voice of reason.
hey, blu... it seems that you have (not-so) secret admirer :) I want one... lol

You mean better players get paid better in every sport? not just get paid.. not so accurate statement above???

I hit both at the store.. AMP cell forged felt better

You mean better players get paid better in every sport? not just get paid.. not so accurate statement above???

Well when you think about how many people play a sport versus how many are paid for it, my statement still stands.

This is also ancient.

They have the #1 and #2 golfers in the world. Clearly not getting paid for lack of talent. You're just being stubborn and argumentative.

They have the #1 and #2 players in the world because they signed them to HUGE contracts, which other companies can't afford.

Neither player was playing Nike before signing with them, and it's unlikely they would have switched had enormous sums of money not been involved.

There's nothing wrong with Nike clubs at all. But there's also nothing wrong with Taylor Made, Cleveland, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist or a dozen other brands. But Tiger and Rory aren't playing Nike because they think they're the best. They're playing them because they offered the most money. If Cleveland could offer them a contract worth double what they're getting now, #1 and #2 would be playing Cleveland.

As to the original poster's question, hit both and pick the one that feels the best to you.

Wow guys, this post was months ago. Why are you digging through these?

Back