THP, Help me choose a new Fairway wood

Hey THPer's and guest

Manny here just wanted to get everyone's input on the hottest Fairway woods that are out now. Any experience you have with these or thoughts. I'm interested in upgrading from my King Cobra. The ones I want some feedback on are Callaway X-Hot, Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme, Titleist 913F, Cleveland Classic fairway, and the Ping G25. Please also consider the tour versions. If their are any other suggestions you might have for fairway woods,then I'd be glad to hear them.

I'm definitely looking for Controllability, Accuracy, Distance, and Performance. Anyway you can help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Respectfully, Manny

I'm currently testing the Stage 2. Check out the testing thread. It has everything you listed you are looking for.

Alvaro Quiros hits the new XHot pro 3 wood 340 yards :bulgy-eyes: you should buy that :D

Really good suggestions already so I'll suggest one a little more off the beaten path - a Wishon 929HS. It is a hi-cor head, fully adjustable for loft/lie and very easy to build at different lengths.

Hey THPer's and guest

Manny here just wanted to get everyone's input on the hottest Fairway woods that are out now. Any experience you have with these or thoughts. I'm interested in upgrading from my King Cobra. The ones I want some feedback on are Callaway X-Hot, Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme, Titleist 913F, Cleveland Classic fairway, and the Ping G25. Please also consider the tour versions. If their are any other suggestions you might have for fairway woods,then I'd be glad to hear them.

I'm definitely looking for Controllability, Accuracy, Distance, and Performance. Anyway you can help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Respectfully, Manny

if you don't mind older model.... one of the best FW ever release by Callaway... Steelhead plus.... you can find it in eBay for almost nothing....

if you don't mind older model.... one of the best FW ever release by Callaway... Steelhead plus.... you can find it in eBay for almost nothing....

Thank you for the help bud. Ill try and check it out:)

So right now I'm heavily debating on the Cleveland Classic XL FW, Mashie, X-Hot/X-Hot pro FW, Razr fit Xtreme FW, 913 FW.

I hear the Classic XL is better than the Mashie. Any thoughts?

So right now I'm heavily debating on the Cleveland Classic XL FW, Mashie, X-Hot/X-Hot pro FW, Razr fit Xtreme FW, 913 FW.

It's essentially the replacement for it. They have made improvements just like in anything. I guess what you need to weigh is how much of an improvement is worth the extra money. If you have never played a Mashie before, I would say go with the Mashie and save yourself a few dollars.

Ruled out the Amp Cell?

As good as the Xhot is, the RAZR Fit Extreme is so much better. The heavier real deal shaft, shorter shaft, adjustability, and the same head construction just makes it a perfect option for me.

It's essentially the replacement for it. They have made improvements just like in anything. I guess what you need to weigh is how much of an improvement is worth the extra money. If you have never played a Mashie before, I would say go with the Mashie and save yourself a few dollars.

Thank you for the advice bud. Ill consider that more now.

As good as the Xhot is, the RAZR Fit Extreme is so much better. The heavier real deal shaft, shorter shaft, adjustability, and the same head construction just makes it a perfect option for me.

The X Hot Pro has a real deal shaft too.

THPing on Tapatalk

The X Hot Pro has a real deal shaft too.

THPing on Tapatalk

Sure does. But a flatter lie angle. The RFE is a little more up right. Which could help us bad golfer more.

Alvaro Quiros hits the new XHot pro 3 wood 340 yards :bulgy-eyes: you should buy that :D
What shaft&grip did he have on? :alien:

Cali, i recommend tAking the time to do it and just going to a shop that has lots of options to hit. It will take time but it will be worth it.

I got it!

After careful consideration with what was right for my budget, preferences, and skill, I decided to go with the Cleveland Mashie FW. Thank you to DevRickus for the link for the awesome deal. I cant wait to get this in my bag. It should be here this week. Thank you again to everyone who gave me their input and feedback. Ill be sure to keep you all updated with how it turns out. You never know, it could possibly be up for sale in the market place.

After careful consideration with what was right for my budget, preferences, and skill, I decided to go with the Cleveland Mashie FW. Thank you to DevRickus for the link for the awesome deal. I cant wait to get this in my bag. It should be here this week. Thank you again to everyone who gave me their input and feedback. Ill be sure to keep you all updated with how it turns out. You never know, it could possibly be up for sale in the market place.

You wont be disappointed man. Enjoy it!

cleveland mashie

I know it wasn't on your list, but the RBZ Stage 2 isn't just hype. It performs. The again, you got a smokin' deal on the Mashie.

I hit all the 2013 offerings and really think he Callaway xhot is the top of the class.

Back