The things we used to deal with!

I got my 1st __ at a drive in theater:D

Wow Dyna - You didn't get kissed until you learned how to drive. Must have had a cool car.

Wow Dyna - You didn't get kissed until you learned how to drive. Must have had a cool car.

Close but no cigar & yes my car was pretty cool. 72 mach 1 Mustang with the 351 Cleveland motor.

Close but no cigar & yes my car was pretty cool. 72 mach 1 Mustang with the 351 Cleveland motor.

I understood car and Mustang.

Older Than Dirt Quiz: I remembered 19 of these.

Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about.
Ratings at the bottom.

1. Blackjack chewing gum

2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water

3. Candy cigarettes

4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes

6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

7. Party lines on the telephone

8. Newsreels before the movie

9. P.F. Flyers

10. Butch wax

11. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started

again in the morning. (there were only 3channels [if you were fortunate])

12. Peashooters

13. Howdy Doody

14. 45 RPM records

15. S& H greenstamps

16. Hi-fi's

17. Metal ice trays with lever

18. Mimeograph paper

19. Blue flashbulb

20. Packards

21. Roller skate keys

22. Cork popguns

23. Drive-ins

24. Studebakers

25. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 16-25 = You' re older t han dirt!

I'm happy to say - I'm dirt!

I laugh when my wife complains about doing the laundry. Yea it's real hard to toss the clothes in the washer, add soap & walk away. My mom had the wringer washer & it took all day for her to wash the clothes. None of this walking away deal & letting the machine do all the work.

Same thing with guys mowing the lawn...Remember those things called push mowers??

Same thing with guys mowing the lawn...Remember those things called push mowers??

You mean like this
images

or this
images

Seems like everybody I know uses a riding mower now, I don't even like mowing the yard with a rider. It takes away from my golfing.:D

I have one of these:

images

It's self-propelled (rear wheel) and I don't bag, I mulch. I've used the reel mowers and they are a workout! I'd love to have a rider but with only 1/4 acre I can't exactly justify it! It only takes an hour or so to mow anyway.

I remember them all. I'm old enough to remember when doctors made house calls.

I totally agree. Now when you try to have a conversation with someone they are pretending to listen to you but they are actually responding to someone on their blackberry or sending/receiving an email.

My wife and I always get a kick out of the couples who are having dinner together while each is on his/her Crackberry just texting away. I mean if you are going to ignore each other through dinner, why did you come. We have often wondered if they weren't texting each other just because it was easier than actually talking.:D

My wife and I leave our phones in the truck when we are out to eat.

Sorry Hacker, I need a ruler with mine.
Spoiler
snaleytapemeasurewatch.jpg

Okay, I'm totally in love. Heck, I used to have my uncle's slide rule. It was from the 40s or something--real wood.

I loved drive-in theaters.

I have never in my life been to a drive-in theatre.

My wife and I always get a kick out of the couples who are having dinner together while each is on his/her Crackberry just texting away. I mean if you are going to ignore each other through dinner, why did you come. We have often wondered if they weren't texting each other just because it was easier than actually talking.:D

Heck, Hubby will be at his computer (in the basement) and email me in the kitchen.

I think we still have a couple still open here in Kansas City (one on each side of the line). The ones that don't show movies anymore (and even the ones that do) usually have their swap 'n' shops on weekend mornings.

Back