Tiger Woods Wins WGC - WITB

Tiger did look good this week and as others have said, he was rolling the rock quite well. If he's putting well he's hard to beat. Glad he put some Covert in his bag and it will be interesting to see if he changes driver and 3w anytime soon.

I'm hoping this may be a new trend for ol Tiger, I have always admired him, and I'm hoping his winning attitude helps him win a major this year, good luck Tiger

Nicee to see the putter working for him. I wonder will we see a move to the Covert driver any time soon ??

Love the WITB. I'm curious to know if he is going to test out the Covert driver and maybe put it into play. 8.5 seems low as more pros seem to be going with more loft these days.

I really feel like all the attention Rory got this year when he switched to Nike really re-focused Tiger. Don't get me wrong, I know they're good friends off the course but it just seems like it kind of woke Tiger up. It just kinda seemed as though he didn't care much about winning anymore unless it was a major. With Rory seemingly being Nikes new "it" guy and, in a sense Tigers replacement, it feels like he knew he needed to make a statement this year. Like he needed to remind everyone that while Rory's great, he still owns golf.

Fascinating bag - really interested in the posts about lofts and wedges - my first thought was wow - very light at the short end...but the explanations above make some sense. Great to see him back on form - and a last round charge by Rory - we could be in for a fantastic rivalry between the Nike boys!

I wonder if Tiger will put a covert 3 wood in play this season!

Just finished watching the replay of The Puerto Rico Open and noticed a Nike swoosh on Scott Brown's shirt. I know nothing about him so I went to see WITB and saw all old clubs.

Two wins for Nike this week and only 1 Covert club in play. Will their new clubs ever really take off without their contract players using them?

Back