Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking about using shotshell wads as golf tees for my driver lol

I'm a .357 SIG guy myself. Last firearm I bought was my first ever 9mm though.

same here, my P229 and MP compact are .357 sig.

same here, my P229 and MP compact are .357 sig.

That round is just absolutely beastly. Probably could be considered a bit overkill, really.

What do you all think of high point handguns? My brother in law picked a .45 ACP version the other day for 65 bucks, it's mostly polymer and top heavy but at 65 bucks for a .45 I may get one for fun. It's a bit awkward but hey less than $100 is always nice lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

What do you all think of high point handguns? My brother in law picked a .45 ACP version the other day for 65 bucks, it's mostly polymer and top heavy but at 65 bucks for a .45 I may get one for fun. It's a bit awkward but hey less than $100 is always nice lol

Very heavy. Very reliable, will always bark fire.

Home defense, & plinking. Definitely not a carry piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very heavy. Very reliable, will always bark fire.

Home defense, & plinking. Definitely not a carry piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's what I was thinking too, I don't trust it for carrying but it's a pretty sweet gun for fun. Dang it's always fun to go out to the desert and blown up some old cans and bottles with that thing lol.

My bro is a combat trained and experienced shooter and has taught me well lol

Yup they work, wouldn't own one though. I just don't like them big clunky. The 45 was huge in my hands and I have bigger hands.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Yup they work, wouldn't own one though. I just don't like them big clunky. The 45 was huge in my hands and I have bigger hands.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I think they are ugly As heck though, imagine if they tried to manufacture a 1911

ehe3eryq.jpg

A Glock 26, my daily carry piece.

Now, I just got this little piece of American Engineering today to carry as well...

jetura2e.jpg

Hi-Points are often spoken of poorly, but for their price point they seem to be fine. They serve well as an introductory gun or range toy. I've also heard plenty of stories about their great costumer service, which exceeds their price point and far outshines the likes of Kimber.

I agree that I wouldn't trust one as an everyday carry piece, but I think they serve their purpose well. And in terms of looks, they're not that far removed from a Glock in my opinion.

Hi-Points are often spoken of poorly, but for their price point they seem to be fine. They serve well as an introductory gun or range toy. I've also heard plenty of stories about their great costumer service, which exceeds their price point and far outshines the likes of Kimber.

I agree that I wouldn't trust one as an everyday carry piece, but I think they serve their purpose well. And in terms of looks, they're not that far removed from a Glock in my opinion.

True, my bro uses one for home defense and that's it, he has several other combat grade weapons in his house, but
He couldn't say no to a $65 handgun lol, a local pawn shop lost it's license to deal firearms or something so they had to sell everything. It was a good gun to buy since he had to turn in all his military issues weapons once he left the service

Scroll back a few pages to the videos I posted on a high point torture test. They're tough pieces of kit! The amount it took to finally destroy one was unbelievable.

Scroll back a few pages to the videos I posted on a high point torture test. They're tough pieces of kit! The amount it took to finally destroy one was unbelievable.

Thanks, I'm watching them now. Yeah I've had a hi point .45 jam on me and malfunction too. But they are pretty fun to shoot regardless lol

I think after all these videos, I'm probably going to buy a .45 ACP model because as crappy as it may be, it looks like a decent piece to keep in my car lol.

I think after all these videos, I'm probably going to buy a .45 ACP model because as crappy as it may be, it looks like a decent piece to keep in my car lol.

The hole in the barrel looks really intimidating if nothing else... :D

The hole in the barrel looks really intimidating if nothing else... :D

Hahah yeah, it's such an ugly ugly gun hahaha

I don't like .45 personally. I compare it to a big, fat, sloppy o-lineman.

I don't like .45 personally. I compare it to a big, fat, sloppy o-lineman.

What do you prefer, a 9mm

My round of preference has always been .357 SIG.

My daily carry is a Glock 26.

Just added this baby to the mix yesterday...

asu3ezug.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363086921.738216.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363086921.738216.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
looks to me like colorado is passing the ban on magazines
now its time to wait on magpuls decision on where to move

That round is just absolutely beastly. Probably could be considered a bit overkill, really.

i have my P229 and MP compact loaded with underwood ammo, 1500+ FPS 600+ LBS energy

How is Mossberg's quality these days? I have an 835 that was the first shotty I ever purchased (probably 20 years ago) and while it has never failed, the action has always been loose as a goose. That was the big knock on them years ago. Wondering how their quality is these days-I don't think I have had another Mossberg shotty in my hands in 10 years or so. Any thoughts on comparing the Mossberg 500/590 to Benelli SuperNova, Remy 870, etc?

How is Mossberg's quality these days? I have an 835 that was the first shotty I ever purchased (probably 20 years ago) and while it has never failed, the action has always been loose as a goose. That was the big knock on them years ago. Wondering how their quality is these days-I don't think I have had another Mossberg shotty in my hands in 10 years or so. Any thoughts on comparing the Mossberg 500/590 to Benelli SuperNova, Remy 870, etc?

you will find fans of all you listed who down play the others, but i think all three you have listed had a lot going on for them. 590 is still the only on to pass the military trials i believe.

I have a Mossberg SPX 930 and i have to say it has about 600 rounds through it and not a hiccup, and i have tried to run the lightest loads i can find to see if i could get it to malfunction and nothing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back