Status
Not open for further replies.
I've held and shot both. The only gun I would trust more than a CZ is a Sig. I have Sig, CZ, Glock, and S&W handguns. When I go to states that allow carry, it's either my Sig or CZ hands down. They're the only ones that have never malfuncitoned and can take any ammo thrown at it. In terms of the difference between the P07 duty and the 75, the biggest differnence, you have almost an extra inch in length of barrel on the 75. Makes it more accurate at longer distances, and also absorbs more of the recoil, but the P07 is easier to conceal because of the smaller dimensions. The big advantage to the P07 is that you still have a 16+1 in 9mm or 12+1 in .40, which is unheard of except for the Springfield XD line.

I know you said you got your CC. If you have any intention of actually using the CC permit, go with the P07. If you are STRICTLY going to use it as home defense and range, then shoot them both if possible, and see which feels better. The 75 is definitely a great defense weapon, and carried by many law enforcement officers, but they "open carry". The 75 is far to big to conceal easily. I love my Sig P226, but that also, is far to big to conceal, so I got a smaller Sig for concealed situations.

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer what I can.

Dan

CZ is quality, i do not own any , but have run thousands of rounds through a few and they are great shooters, and dependable.

I shot a CZ75 and it felt like a really nice piece of metal.

Here's a rant:

You guys know the Ruger BX-25 magazine for the 10/22? Their beautiful magazine that works flawlessly and looks better than any after market ones (butler creek etc)? Well guess what, these babies are prohibited in Canada unless pinned to 5 rounds! Why? Because Ruger made the 10/22 Charger and made the BX-25 able to fit in this 10/22 variant. And since the Charger is a pistol, this means that different rules apply to these magazines - so whereas the Butler Creeks could be considered as only being designed for a 10/22 rifle and is totally legal, the BX-25 is not because of that little stupid addendum.

Here's a rant:

You guys know the Ruger BX-25 magazine for the 10/22? Their beautiful magazine that works flawlessly and looks better than any after market ones (butler creek etc)? Well guess what, these babies are prohibited in Canada unless pinned to 5 rounds! Why? Because Ruger made the 10/22 Charger and made the BX-25 able to fit in this 10/22 variant. And since the Charger is a pistol, this means that different rules apply to these magazines - so whereas the Butler Creeks could be considered as only being designed for a 10/22 rifle and is totally legal, the BX-25 is not because of that little stupid addendum.

Ah yes, back door policy. The government only recognizes it if it fits into their agenda. Sad really...

That really sucks, shooting my 10/22 with a nice magazine is a fun experience, I hope you get to find something legal lol.

Canadia is interesting

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

that reminds me... i need to load up on .22lr magazines dang im late on that train

Here's a rant:

Wow that sucks, i love my bx-25 mags.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Guns....

that reminds me... i need to load up on .22lr magazines dang im late on that train

Yeah the only magazine I found was at the gun show, everyone is running thin.

Still no more .22LR

I was going to buy some Ruger MKIII magazines but got a speedloader for about $20. Best Ruger .22 investment ever. It will easily reload magazines in 5 seconds and I didn't have to spend money on expensive ruger magazines. Just dump a box of 22LR in the loader, shake it, and insert the mag. When the mag comes out it loaded! I went from shooting 100 rounds of 22LR in a range session to 200-300 rounds per session in the same time without ANY sore thumbs.

I was going to buy some Ruger MKIII magazines but got a speedloader for about $20. Best Ruger .22 investment ever. It will easily reload magazines in 5 seconds and I didn't have to spend money on expensive ruger magazines. Just dump a box of 22LR in the loader, shake it, and insert the mag. When the mag comes out it loaded! I went from shooting 100 rounds of 22LR in a range session to 200-300 rounds per session in the same time without ANY sore thumbs.

What speedloader did you get? That sore thumb problem is one reason I don't shoot my MKII more than I do.

I forget the exact name - It's like "Ultimate Cliploader" or something. It's clear-orange plastic with a clear lid and it holds about 75 loose rounds. You shake it up and it lines up about a dozen rounds and then you jam the mag in the tube and they all fall in almost instantly. It looks gimmicky but it's completely awesome - I'd buy one @ 2X the price if I had to. I've had the thing for like 4 years and it still amazes me - pure ingenuity. It works with MKii, MKiii, and 22/45 ruger mags. Word on the street is that it works with buckmark mags too.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/916-ultimate-clip-loader-for-mkii-and-mkiii

Just a few of what I own.

Colt Gov't Model MKIV Series 70

IMG_2513Medium.jpg

IMG_2512Medium.jpg

S&W 686 .357 magnum

IMG_2521Medium.jpg

Pre WWII Savage 720 12 ga.

IMG_2524Medium.jpg

IMG_2527Medium.jpg

I also have a Belgium made Browning sweet 16, Ruger Single Six 22LR/22Mag. & a S&W model 36 .38 spl.

Just a few of what I own.

Colt Gov't Model MKIV Series 70

IMG_2513Medium.jpg

IMG_2512Medium.jpg

S&W 686 .357 magnum

IMG_2521Medium.jpg

Pre WWII Savage 720 12 ga.

IMG_2524Medium.jpg

IMG_2527Medium.jpg

I also have a Belgium made Browning sweet 16, Ruger Single Six 22LR/22Mag. & a S&W model 36 .38 spl.

I love the colt gov't models, that looks
Fantastic

Also a hobby of mine. Have a good collection. I just think all the panic buying of ammo & guns is crazy. Just artificially inflating prices and causing shortages. The guberment is not gonna be able to take our guns. Just one mans opinion.

Thinking of trading my Glock 29 (10mm) for a Glock 36 (.45acp) when I get ome in 2 weeks. Thinner, easier to carry, still has good power... although only 6+1 capacity. I suppose the only answer is to just buy the 36, try them side by side. If the 36 is a stinker, Ill get rid of it. If the G36 is better, then I can somehow manage to forget to sell the G29.

I like .45 ACP

What's the 10mm like in terms of recoil? I've heard they're pretty snarky in a small package. The Glock 36 in .45 is also supposed to be pretty barky since it's so small.

Thinking of trading my Glock 29 (10mm) for a Glock 36 (.45acp) when I get ome in 2 weeks. Thinner, easier to carry, still has good power... although only 6+1 capacity. I suppose the only answer is to just buy the 36, try them side by side. If the 36 is a stinker, Ill get rid of it. If the G36 is better, then I can somehow manage to forget to sell the G29.

Pure genius.

Dan

FWIW I own the G36 and dont especially love it. The .45 packs a wallop for this frame and at least for my bigger hands it isn't especially comfortable to shoot, even with the extension.

FWIW I own the G36 and dont especially love it. The .45 packs a wallop for this frame and at least for my bigger hands it isn't especially comfortable to shoot, even with the extension.
Dude holy crap you have a lot more firepower than any man in Beaverton/Tigard needs. G36 is one bamf of a gun. I'll take it if you don't like it :)

Well I don't necessarily want to advertise it in detail on the interweb but yes, my perimeter can be adequately defended :)

i probably should move the G36 and replace it with a better CC option but that is way low on the priority list. Maybe after we renew our CC licenses???

What's the 10mm like in terms of recoil? I've heard they're pretty snarky in a small package. The Glock 36 in .45 is also supposed to be pretty barky since it's so small.
You know how people describe .40 as snappy and .45 as more of a push? 10mm is snappy and pushes back alot. When you shoot full power loads, you (and everyone else at the range) know it. 165gr@1400fps or 135gr@1600fps... nasty. Although it's not some crazy hand cannon. I shoot IDPA with my carry gun and the first time I used it at a match I heard the RO with the timer behind me say "What the F---?!?" after the first few blasts/concussion. However I score pretty much the same with 10mm as I do with the 9mm, so it's not terrible if you know how time the recoil and learn how to manage it. I find it a bit more comfortable to shoot than hot .357 out of a small j-frame.

I just want something slimmer since I like to carry IWB. The G29 is pretty much the same size as a G19 except wider. So I'll try that new Glock 36 since it's supposed to be the slimmest glock and I think 7 rounds of .45 is plenty accurate. I also plan to replace my LCP with an LC9 or CM9. That way all my will either be 9mm or .45 (little 9mm, big 9mm, little .45, & big 45) which is much easier to buy ammo for than 4 different calibers.

Heres a recoil chart derived using common gun weights and load data for calculating defense pistol recoil. Generic mfg load data is on top and the bottom chart takes into the account of very short subcompact barrels.

CCWrecoildata.png

Well I don't necessarily want to advertise it in detail on the interweb but yes, my perimeter can be adequately defended :)

i probably should move the G36 and replace it with a better CC option but that is way low on the priority list. Maybe after we renew our CC licenses???

Seems the 30S is getting a lot of praise, and could be my first Glock and .45, it's between the 30S and Ruger SR1911 CMD

Dude holy crap you have a lot more firepower than any man in Beaverton/Tigard needs. G36 is one bamf of a gun. I'll take it if you don't like it :)

Just to clarify they are talking Glock pistols not the AR g36

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I wish someone one come out with a nice handgun in 38 super.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Just got a frontline leather holster for my Beretta PX4 .45 ACP full size. Conceals very easily super comfortable, easy draw and reholster. This owb/iwb leather holster is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back