SCOR Golf - The Official Thread

Perhaps maybe even different grips? I like my default red ones but I'm sure people appreciate options- just an idea!

Those are just some of the things that we are pondering here at SCOR. We love to hear input from our customers, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to pass them along to me here or you can email us at [email protected]

JP

JP,

Thanks for the quick reply. Without getting too fancy, I think having a custom paint fill (or no paint fill) option and additional grip or ferrule color options would be a great start. I know I'd be willing to pay a little extra for some customization. The next step in the progression would be stamping, but I understand that might take some additional time and effort to implement.

I'm sure an alternative finish would get traction.

We do offer different grip options. As long as we can find them we can use them. It's just the upcharge for the grip and a couple of days production time.

JPS

Perhaps maybe even different grips? I like my default red ones but I'm sure people appreciate options- just an idea!

Thanks for the suggestions. We are looking at all of our options.

JP

JP,

Thanks for the quick reply. Without getting too fancy, I think having a custom paint fill (or no paint fill) option and additional grip or ferrule color options would be a great start. I know I'd be willing to pay a little extra for some customization. The next step in the progression would be stamping, but I understand that might take some additional time and effort to implement.

Quick question, I am really interested in giving SCOR a try but I also need new irons and I want to get fitted. Do you recommend getting irons first and then SCORs or going for the SCORs first then the irons?

Thanks in advance for your time. I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Thanks for the question. We get this quite often. We usually recommend that you get fit for your irons first. Especially if you're unsure about getting SCORs. Once you have your new specs, we can build off of that.

I hope this was helpful,

JP

Quick question, I am really interested in giving SCOR a try but I also need new irons and I want to get fitted. Do you recommend getting irons first and then SCORs or going for the SCORs first then the irons?

Thanks in advance for your time. I appreciate any advice you can provide.

We do offer different grip options. As long as we can find them we can use them. It's just the upcharge for the grip and a couple of days production time.

JPS

Never knew that actually but thank you for future reference!

Yes, sir.

We are a custom built company, so we can do just about anything within reason. We don't do stamping at this time, or custom coloring, but we are looking at options.

We can build clubs with different shafts, different grips, special tape styles under the grip, special swing weights, soft or hard step the flexes, etc.

JP

Never knew that actually but thank you for future reference!

First round of the season and the ScorGolf wedges were already shining. Despite my rusty chipping, full shots were absolutlely sweet as sugar. It was windy this afternoon, and the ability to control the flight of the ball is simply great.

Twice today I had shots backspin on me. This has not at all been a regular occurrence with any of the other flagship wedges I have used, so it actually spun me away from the hole. I am really going to enjoy getting to know these wedges this season. :smile:

Still loving my SCOR wedges. They are awesome and just beautiful. My only suggestion is that it would be great if the covers could be labeled with the degree wedge. I try to keep them organized so I know which one is in which slot, but they invariably get mixed up during the round. Only aggravation is that I lost one of them!! Boo Hoo. I wish that was the biggest problem I had with my game LOL.

I just wanted to jump in here and thank everyone that is contributing to this thread. I am the SCOR rep in South Florida, and just finished a Demo Day this evening when my last attendee is a member here, and told me about this thread( I am sure he will pipe in soon and say how crazy I am as I had him hit my 59* off the concrete...lol), so I just joined and read all 16 pages. Having been a teaching pro specializing in the short game since 1989, I can assure fence sitters that these really are the best all around wedge available. When I first met JP, it was after I drove from Ft Lauderdale to Houston, spent a day in Victoria annoying, I mean talking, with JP about being a fitter to go along with my teaching. A couple of hours later I made sure he knew that I wanted to be the Rep in my area, putting my teaching as secondary, and immediately made sure my students were aware of this scoring tool.

The crew at SCOR are great people to work with, and as some of you have found out, quick with an answer or solution. Please feel free to pick my brain as well, with JP's permission...of course he might say that it would be slim pickings....

Hey Tactical! Welcome to the forum and to the thread!

Hey JP quick question..

I am really digging on my wedge shots. Not on my chips or flops but mainly from 120 and out I'll get big chunks and half the time I'll hit it fat or crisp but it's almost like I'm digging too far down into the ground. Any reason? I never did this before

hi bmik33, without seeing your swing, it sounds like you are either getting a little steep, or, you might be coming down by throwing your hands at the ball instead of turning your chest down the target line.

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that I've been a little silent on here. I've been on the road the past couple months and things are going great. SCOR continues to gain traction and momentum in the market. Many thanks to everyone at THP for the grassroots effort of spreading the word.

This past weekend Victoria Country Club hosted an Adams Golf Pro Tour Series Event, The Victoria Open. As you may know, Victoria is the HQ for SCOR Golf. We were happy to announce that one of our Staff Professionals, Garrett Driver, won the event! Garrett recently put SCORs in his bag and they helped him with his first win. He posted a 68 in the final round to make the playoff. With two incredible up and downs with SCOR Wedges, Garrett was able to defeat the other two players and claim victory. The first was a tricky flop over a bunker to 4 feet for birdie and the second was a tough bunker shot onto a down slope to the water with greens running easily a 12. Garrett played the shot great and his SCOR Wedge left him with a 6-footer for the win.

Grats to Garrett Driver!!

JP

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that I've been a little silent on here. I've been on the road the past couple months and things are going great. SCOR continues to gain traction and momentum in the market. Many thanks to everyone at THP for the grassroots effort of spreading the word.

This past weekend Victoria Country Club hosted an Adams Golf Pro Tour Series Event, The Victoria Open. As you may know, Victoria is the HQ for SCOR Golf. We were happy to announce that one of our Staff Professionals, Garrett Driver, won the event! Garrett recently put SCORs in his bag and they helped him with his first win. He posted a 68 in the final round to make the playoff. With two incredible up and downs with SCOR Wedges, Garrett was able to defeat the other two players and claim victory. The first was a tricky flop over a bunker to 4 feet for birdie and the second was a tough bunker shot onto a down slope to the water with greens running easily a 12. Garrett played the shot great and his SCOR Wedge left him with a 6-footer for the win.

Grats to Garrett Driver!!

JP

Awesome!

Not as pressure packed of course, but I closed out my opponent yesterday with a chip from a horrible hard pan lie to 3 feet for a birdie. I think I've paid for my SCOR with my winnings of lunches over the past year+! I've said it before, I'll say it again - I love my SCOR's!

That's great!! Congrats! We would love to hear any other success stories some of you have. Nothing makes us more excited than to hear about how our clubs have helped you win, or just play better rounds. Our passion is golf and making golfers enjoy the game.

Thanks,

JP

Awesome!

Not as pressure packed of course, but I closed out my opponent yesterday with a chip from a horrible hard pan lie to 3 feet for a birdie. I think I've paid for my SCOR with my winnings of lunches over the past year+! I've said it before, I'll say it again - I love my SCOR's!

Hi JP. I'm putting together a mostly new bag and I was considering some SCOR wedges. I'm hoping for some input. I was fit into some Mizuno JPX 825pros with aerotech i95 reg (the Nippon 950 reg worked about as well too). I've always liked having the exact same shaft in my wedges as my irons for consistent feel. Same swingweight too. Also, I'm -.75" on them and 2.5* flat. What do you think? If I wanted them at a specific swing weight (same as my irons D2), is that doable?

Also, do you have a presence in IL, specifically near Chicago? I'd love to demo some wedges. Any promos going on I can take advantage of? Thanks.

Last edited:
GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY!!! These wedges are amazing!!!!!

I can't give the love just yet. I just got my Scors this week. I can say that the 58* is awesome though. The rest will get their introduction to a golf ball next week. I am so looking forward to putting these clubs in play.

I finally got to play for the first time this year today. What can I say, I'm in love. The distance control on these is just amazing. I had confidence that if I hit the ball even close to the sweet spot, it was going right where I wanted it. I was consistently pin high all day. If I was a better player and didn't have alignment issues, I would have been right by the pin multiple times. As it was, I hit some nice ones just a few feet away from the hole. If I hadn't already been on my fourth or fifth shot at that point, I would have had some great chances at some birdies. Even the 60* was easy to use. I was having a blast choking up and hitting a partial swing from about 30-50 yards out.

I can't wait to get them out on dry fairways and a course with bunkers to see how the V-sole works on those.

I finally got to play for the first time this year today. What can I say, I'm in love. The distance control on these is just amazing. I had confidence that if I hit the ball even close to the sweet spot, it was going right where I wanted it. I was consistently pin high all day. If I was a better player and didn't have alignment issues, I would have been right by the pin multiple times. As it was, I hit some nice ones just a few feet away from the hole. If I hadn't already been on my fourth or fifth shot at that point, I would have had some great chances at some birdies. Even the 60* was easy to use. I was having a blast choking up and hitting a partial swing from about 30-50 yards out.

I can't wait to get them out on dry fairways and a course with bunkers to see how the V-sole works on those.

I cant wait to hit these in AC man.

I got 13 rounds in with the SCOR wedges and I'll add 2 quick impressions.
1. You can control the flight of the ball more than any other wedges I have ever used. This increased versatility is more than welcome, but it did require me to be more aware of what I'm doing.
2. I love the v sole. It just works as advertised.

Finally got these to the range today. They are by far the easiest wedges I have ever hit. I was amazed at how nice the shots were coming off the face of all three of the wedges. Nice and high, and holding their line, even in a cross wind. I plan on practicing quite a bit this next week and plan on trrying to get the yardages dialed in before I hit the course again.

Back