SCOR Golf - The Official Thread

They'll probably go after the 43 I ordered in righty, first. :act-up:

Maybe the authorities will look at this after anchoring? :act-up:

JP is an absolute pleasure to work with. I had a somewhat random request (one rh wedge, and four lh wedges) and JP worked with me through the ordering process and definitely hooked me up.

Cheers sir, and thank you again.

why? is one for someone else?

Okay, I just got back from going to the Edwin Watts store here in Kansas City to check out my scor's there and also see if I'm using the correct shaft in my driver. After messing with the driver, Adam (E.W. rep), asked me to grab my SCOR wedges and the first thing he did was check the loft/lie on their machine. He couldn't get over telling me how nice these wedges were. He said that not only were all of the lofts dead on, but that the lie on each one was 2* flat perfectly. That's how they were supposed to be set up. He said he had never seen that kind of consistent precision before. Even when ordering from top line manufacturers the lofts will be off a hair, or the lie off anywhere up to 2*. I was feeling better already. Then we went back to the trackman area and he put some contact tape on the bottom of my 50 and I hit 5 balls off of the lie plate. EVERY SINGLE swing showed the contact was dead center of the club. Adam made the comment while checking the clubs, then the lie plate testing and again when I was paying for the trackman time about what a nice set of wedges these things were. Just goes to show that these guys at SCOR know what they are talking about when making recommendations for your set up and when it comes to them actually making those adjustments. I just thought I'd share that. I am really impressed with this company from my personal experience, from my dealings with them, and now from confirmation from an independent resource. Great Job SCOR, Keep up the outstanding work.

Oh, BTW, I've been to the range to hit these twice now and with the snow on the ground here, I can't get a great feel for distance with these, but using markers on the range, my ball flight with these is right on track. I'm within a few yards left or right of my target line or right on almost every time. I have pulled a couple of shots left and pushed a couple to the right, but they are mostly very true. This was the case on the trackman today as well.

My first true test of these will be down in Florida next weekend at the Freakonomics Golf Experience. I'm looking forward to getting back on here with some great stories. Just thought I'd share another positive story about this company.

Very cool brons, SCOR is one of those companies that truly does "get it".

This past Saturday was my first round with my Scor's. I grabbed a 50,54 and 58. My struggles with wedges have been full shots with higher lofted wedges like my 58*. I only had one full shot with the 58 and I was very happy with the result. I ranged the pin at 92 yards, pulled the trigger with a much nicer divot than the usual truck load of dirt I am used to. The ball landed on the green and checked back, distance was max 85 yards and thats all I wanted. Granted it was only one full shot , I didn't chunk it like usual. The shots and pitches I had with the 50 and 54 were really good as well. It's only one round but I am very happy with my purchase. Another thing I found was all my divots seemed to be the same, as in the thickness of them. They all seemed to be about an inch or inch and a half thick, not the typical 4 inch's of earth or thinned shot.

I'm no expert but some of my Cat 1 friends certainly are. The trip to Shropshire would be a bit far for me - I'm in London.

At SCOR Golf we are getting ready to head to Orlando. Next week is the big PGA Merchandise Show. Wednesday is the Demo Day at Orange County National with the show being Thursday-Saturday.

I'm pretty excited. Since I came on board last year after the show this will be my first. I want to extend an invitation to anyone that is attending to come by the booth and chat with me, Terry and the rest of the SCOR Golf Crew.

I also want to say thanks to everyone that have been posting their feedback on THP. We love to hear what you think about our clubs.

As always, I'm here to answer any of your questions or just to talk golf.

JP Sourdellia
SCOR Golf

Last edited:
Just was fit for irons with Dynalite XP S300 shafts… Should I use the Genius 10 or 12 shafts in my SCOR wedges?

Just was fit for irons with Dynalite XP S300 shafts… Should I use the Genius 10 or 12 shafts in my SCOR wedges?

Great question. Based on the specs of the Dynalite XP S300 I would recommend our Genius 12 shaft.

Thank you for your interest in SCOR4161 Precision Scoring Clubs.

JP

I don't have a question but I just want to say that I've loved playing my SCOR wedges since I got them last spring. No more yardage gap problems for me.

SCOR wedges did great for me at the freakonomics golf event in Florida. I won most improved due to my bunker play and pitching and chipping. The wedges are sweet to work with and all of the volunteers commented on how nice these wedges are.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On the left (with the NDMC grip) is my Mizuno JPX-825 Pro PW, with my SCOR 49, 53, and 57 (in that order).

Should I consider having a club tech shorten my 49 SCOR so it’s length is between my PW and 53?

First, thanks for your business.

I would recommend a couple of things before you make any adjustments. You should check the yardage gaping. If you find that the yardages are in the 10-15 yard per club range then you may not need to do anything. However, if you find that your 49 is hitting the ball the same distance as your PW, and the 53 & 57 follow the gaps from there, then you would need to have all three trimmed.

Please send me a private message with your contact information. I'd like to visit with you about this and make sure that we find a solution that works best for you.

Thank you,

JP

Hey JP. Really enjoying the wedges. Definitely making me look a lot better than I am! Question. Isn't it time for a SCOR staff bag? Got to be a great way to market the clubs hasn't it? I'll take number 1 off the production line.

We do offer a SCOR Stand Bag. We have ordered a few Staff bags. If you're interested I'll get you a price.

We do offer a SCOR Stand Bag. We have ordered a few Staff bags. If you're interested I'll get you a price.

Thanks JP. Like the sound of staff bag!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would definitely be interested in a SCOR Staff bag pending cost!

Quick update everyone. It's been 16 months since I ordered my SCOR wedges. In that time:
*** I've switched iron sets
*** I've switched drivers about 3 times, shafts numerous times
*** I've switched hybrids 3 times
*** I've switched putters 5+ times

I have not had one thought of changing out the SCOR wedges!

I was just chipping with these in the backyard for a few minutes, and after hitting 3 in a row in the bucket, I went inside with a smile on my face :act-up:

JP,

Has there been any discussion about adding additional custom options like stamping or changing the paint fill?

Those are just some of the things that we are pondering here at SCOR. We love to hear input from our customers, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to pass them along to me here or you can email us at [email protected]

JP

JP,

Has there been any discussion about adding additional custom options like stamping or changing the paint fill?

Those are just some of the things that we are pondering here at SCOR. We love to hear input from our customers, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to pass them along to me here or you can email us at [email protected]

JP

I think adding some custom options would be awesome! Stamping and different colored paintfills could really add to the uniqueness of what are already some amazing wedges.

Back