What's the most most stupid or unlucky thing to happen to you on the course?

Ha! Lucky! So it was indoor simulator golf yesterday as the ground is soaked from the melted snow, we played an 18 hole Florida course that was fairly easy with difficult greens. It was our third time at this place so we cruised thru 18 under the alloted time and decided to play another 9. The owner set us up on a desert/mountain course with a lot of elevation change that had some interesting holes. There was a 298 yard Par 4 that had a severe dogleg right that dropped almost 30 feet in elevation tee to green. Had no idea where to aim but there was a decently large fairway area in the 230-240 range so that's where I lined up. Ripped a good one and it was fading a bit and going to fly over the fairway then it short-hopped into a large rock similar to what those guys moved for Tiger a few years ago in the desert. The ricochet deflects directly to the green and settles about 15 feet away from the pin for an eagle putt. Missed it but tapped in for bird. Even the owner got a kick out of my lucky bounce and replayed it over & over. She said she'd never seen it happen before...

Not a golf one, but a hockey one here.... The rink I play a has a bird problem... A handful of birds made the rafters home. In a game the other night, I take a wrist shot from the point, has the goalie beat, and out of nowhere a bird came flying down, and the next thing there was bird gut and feather littering the net... The puck went in too! I guess that's one way to get a deflection goal.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thats crazy, a sink hole. I wonder if that qualifies as ground under repair? I think he should get a free drop, lol.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Not on the course, but after the winter break I went to the range a couple of weeks ago, bought 100 balls... and forgot to put the basket in the machine. Red faced scrambling around on all fours trying to catch them.

I always wondered who they put the "put basket in first" signs there for. Now I know. ;)

Luckily i have some of my friends who can vouch for me on this. So we are on a long par4 and of course i overshoot the green and it across the cart path. The golf cart is sitting at a 45* angle from me and the pin in front of me about 25 yrds away. My buds are waiting for me to get up on the green so i say " hey watch the backspin i'm gonna put on this ball" I put the ball back in my stance and whack away. Well i end up shanking the ball right towards the cart and it goes crazy like its in a pinball machine and shoots out right back at my face. Luckily i catch it and drop the ball and finally pitch it up there like it was nothing, but my friends were rolling on the green from laughter, and every time we play that hole they keep bringing that story up.

I've got 2.

1. I was playing a really nice round at the time. I believe I was even through about 5. I hit a great 5W into the the middle of the fairway right in front of huge creek. I pulled out my 7i and swear on my life, I hit the center of the face and it felt great. That is, until I feel the club get really light, really fast. Almost hurting myself in the process. I look up to see my 7i rolling into said creek. I looked for 15 minutes and coundn't find the head. What was worse was that 4 other times that day I got a yardage that would've been a perfect 7i.

2. Playing at the course we normally play at for HS, I was fairly comfortable with one of the stranger holes. It's a Par 5 straight up the hill. You hit your drive and then you have to hit around the tree in the middle of the FW. I normally elect to lay back and get there in 3 to take the tree out of play. I was playing a match there and I was 1 up with 4 to play. I needed to end it soon. So, I layed back like normal with a FW. Hit it perfect. Then, I decided to try and get as close to the green as I could. Mistake. The previously mentioned tree was about 100 yards in front of me and I hit a really nice 3 wood. However, it didn't quite get right enough of the tree and it promptly went straight right into the hazard. I lost the hole, but luckily, not the match. That is still the 1 and only time I've ever hit that tree.

Ground nesting bees + chunky 8 iron shot = me running around the fairway slapping myself and screaming like a 6 year old girl.

I was on the Sawgrass #17 replica at World Tour in Myrtle Beach and the pin was in the front left. Probably the easiest pin location with that hole, 140ish yards.

I hit a perfect 8 iron right at the pin. The ball hit the pin about 8-12" up and propelled it back towards me and into the water. Had to head to the drop area. Without a doubt my most unlucky shot.

But on the flip side, the next day I hit a screamer that would have ended up 20 yards over a green, but it caught the flag flapping in the wind and dropped the ball straight down to about 2' from the hole. Made the birdie putt.

Ground nesting bees + chunky 8 iron shot = me running around the fairway slapping myself and screaming like a 6 year old girl.

I had a similar experience in Texas with fireants. Ran around like a crazed maniac trying to get them off me.

Playing yesterday I had 130yds over a bunker to a front pin. It it perfect, right at the hole and then after it landed about 10 feet before the hole, it bounced 20 feet straight up in the air and over the green. What would have been a close birdie putt was now a 25 yard chip. Culprit......

Sprinkler head.

I hit myself in the nutsack. Oh wait, that was Dean

Today I managed to pull a tiger / Westwood. I hit a one hop off of the flag stick. now unlike the pros I do not think it was going to set up for a easy birdie putt but it was still retarded to see the ball off of the green after that.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Today,
Played following an outing.
Not pleasant for one.
But there were four golf carts loaded up with the largest humans that could fit on/in/around and through golf carts.
Anyway, this course had wooden bridges over a river, three of the four carts OBVIOUSLY exceeded the weight limit on the bridge, CRACK! BOOM! Six big dudes and 3 golf carts in the drink.
I was very concerned at first, but after they came up laughing, I shared in the enjoyment of the moment.

The ranger was less than thrilled however.
NO signs of the 3 golf carts, but there were a couple head covers, and 2 coolers floating?

Today,
Not pleasant for one.
But there were four golf carts loaded up with the largest humans that could fit on/in/around and through golf carts.
Anyway, this course had wooden bridges over a river, three of the four carts OBVIOUSLY exceeded the weight limit on the bridge, CRACK! BOOM! Six big dudes and 3 golf carts in the drink.
I was very concerned at first, but after they came up laughing, I shared in the enjoyment of the moment.

NO signs of the 3 golf carts, but there were a couple head covers, and 2 coolers floating?

What the heck did I just read?

What the heck did I just read?

Read it again, and try to picture it.

Ok, yup you got it.

Short hitter with a big heart, that would take being a big hitter with no heart.
The world loves BIG hitters!

Read it again, and try to picture it.

Ok, yup you got it.

Short hitter with a big heart, that would take being a big hitter with no heart.
The world loves BIG hitters!

Lol. I wish I was there to witness it.

Today,
Not pleasant for one.

**UPDATE** stopped in to the course today, and one of the guys is suing the course. Even though there were signs stating only one cart on bridge at a time.

Playing at a newer (at the time) local course with a buddy. The nice new tee markers were pieces of 4X4 with a spike through so they were standing on one corner of the cube. Got to the 18th and I'm up.
I aimed up to cut the corner, practice swing, step up, and shank it. There was a bit of a strange noise and while I am looking for where the ball went my buddy is about doubled over laughing. It took a few seconds for me to see why. My ball had hit the tee marker for the next tees up and had taken a chunk almost perfectly half a golf ball deep out of the middle of one of the top sides. You could see the dimple marks and everything.
Of course I asked did you see it and he points at the fairway. There, as perfect as you could place it in the middle of the corner of the dogleg was my ball. We were both laughing so much I don't think we finished the hole well.

This occurred in front of me, so it was unlucky for them. On a course I play regularly, the 9th fairway runs parallel to the road into the parking lot of the course. There is no net there just trees lining the fairway. Now the fairway is wide open before you get to the trees. As I'm driving behind this guy, someone hooks a ball right over the trees and puts a nice size dent into the hood of his car. A few moments later and it would have been my vehicle. That's as close as I've been for having any real unluck on the course.

Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

**UPDATE** stopped in to the course today, and one of the guys is suing the course. Even though there were signs stating only one cart on bridge at a time.

Surely he won't stand a chance?! Any lawyers out there know about this kind of stuff?

Surely he won't stand a chance?! Any lawyers out there know about this kind of stuff?

Not a lawyer, but if he can prove the bridge was structurally unsound, that would work in his favor. Just having a sign is not sufficient remediation if the bridge is known to be unsafe.

However, if the group was willfully disobeying the rules as it sounds, that would work against him.

...only in America...

Playing yesterday I had 130yds over a bunker to a front pin. It it perfect, right at the hole and then after it landed about 10 feet before the hole, it bounced 20 feet straight up in the air and over the green. What would have been a close birdie putt was now a 25 yard chip. Culprit......

Sprinkler head.

I had a similar experience about a year ago. Same distance about 130 to an elevated green. Shot was headed right at the flag when I see it bounce up and right off the back of the green. When I got to the hole I found this.

IMAG0095.jpg

Of course I duffed the pitch, thinned the chip and two putted for a six which could have been a two.

Back