Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

so I hit the 7 iron outside today with the PXi shaft. I won't lie, it was awful for me. I warmed up on the range with my irons and hit them well enough. When I switched to this it was ugly. Just reminded me that when my swing is not on, these probably are not going to be the best fit.
This is my same fear.

how cool is that adjustable iron capability?!
maybe i live under a rock (i do, NWPA), but that looks so much better than the usual adjustable iron with the huge bolt near the ferrule.

Where have I been? I didn't know these were adjustable. Man I need to move somewhere else that actually carries all the iron options out there.

Jealous of you cobra MCers. These are some fantastic looking clubs and I need to get a chance to hit them.

Only the demo is adjustable.

Only the demo is adjustable.

Ahhh. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I was really confused for a second. Haha

so I hit the 7 iron outside today with the PXi shaft. I won't lie, it was awful for me. I warmed up on the range with my irons and hit them well enough. When I switched to this it was ugly. Just reminded me that when my swing is not on, these probably are not going to be the best fit.

yup leaves me more confused. Certainly going to give the decision a little more thought now.
I really need to get out with these again, hopefully they'll have more shaft options to try them with. The real worry for me was head to head the pros were better than the Cells and by that I mean the Cells were much worse.

But I really want to get them out and do the shaft testing head to head again!

Hit the Pros today at the PGASS, was the first chance I've had to hit them and really like the feel. The distance was what I usually see and worth some more time down the road.

Just build a cb/mb and leave the dpc's. You can build the set anyway you want between the three styles.

Is this possible? I thought it's either fulll MB or the flow? Have I missed somethings? (Which I'm more than capable of :D)

Is this possible? I thought it's either fulll MB or the flow? Have I missed somethings? (Which I'm more than capable of :D)

I'm pretty sure there are a ton of options and these are included. You could I think go straight cb/mb if you wanted.

I still say you get them too hahaha

Six4three5, how were these yesterday?

Just got back from GG and was able to give the 7i a few swings. Had it paired with my favorite iron shaft - KBS Tour. Aesthetically, the small head, thin sole and back cavity area looks great. Totally pleasing to the eye and just awesome to hold in your hand. The top line has a lot more to be desired. Too thick for my tastes, especially for a short iron blade.

Maybe I just went into this with too high of expectations? I've been drooling over the pictures for so long and couldn't wait to hit them. I gave the 7i a good 30-40 swings and was left dissatisfied. The club didn't feel any better then my Pro Golds, or the Adams CMB I love so much. I may be bias, but I still think those 2 feel better. The ball didn't feel like it popped off the face. The GG I was at was pretty busy so I was hitting into an empty net. No simulator and it didn't matter, since I just wanted to test the feel. Perhaps I did set the bar too high.

Good luck fellas. Hopefully this club sets up for some of you out there.

Six4three5, how were these yesterday?

Hey Casey! Actually it was Friday I hit them, but I wasn't overly impressed this time around. They felt good, but as other have said and what you can see in the pictures I have posted the top line at address is really thick. The thinner top line of my MC's and MB's just fit my eye better. After hitting all 3 7irons I would say the MC's and AMP Cell Pro's are very very comparable.

The club didn't feel any better then.... or the Adams CMB I love so much.
I have to agree with you and probably biased as well. However, nothing out there this year has even made me think about pondering, the CMB's just fit the bill for me on performance and aesthetics! These came close, but a session was good for me.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Hey Casey! Actually it was Friday I hit them, but I wasn't overly impressed this time around. They felt good, but as other have said and what you can see in the pictures I have posted the top line at address is really thick. The thinner top line of my MC's and MB's just fit my eye better. After hitting all 3 7irons I would say the MC's and AMP Cell Pro's are very very comparable.

I guess I'll have to hit them again then too. Maybe I'll have to hit the TM MC/MB's then instead :) Nah, I'd just get Nike Blades, or Mizzy's. Though, the Cobra AMP, and then another brand iron in the combo set would be weird.

If you look at the AMP Cell Pro irons, you see the 4 colored paint fill dots on the back of the club, right?

Orange, Blue, Red, Silver

or is it

Silver, Red, Blue, Orange?

I suppose the orange is first, cobra & orange, but how do you see it?

Bare with me, I'll let you know why I'm asking...

2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_4_iron

If you look at the AMP Cell Pro irons, you see the 4 colored paint fill dots on the back of the club, right?

or is it

I read it Orange, Blue, Red, Silver as that way "Cobra" is right side up.

or is it

I read it orange, blue, red, and silver. Curious as to why you asked tho!

or is it

I see what you are doing here...

I want to see how these are to the S3 pro's.

2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_4_iron

I read it Orange, Blue, Red, Silver as that way "Cobra" is right side up.

Agreed. This is how I look at it as well.

Don't remind me. I am trying to pretend they don't exist.

Just let them suck you in!

I can't wait to swing the. Again. But if they out perform he cells again I think I'll be ready to commit!!

Siri speaks for me!

Back