I've had quite a few over the years...

Multiple Mustangs
Olds 442
79, 88 and 99 Trans Am

Here's my current toy, Bullitt #5339, which was rescued from being a total loss. I couldn't let a car that was fairly easily fixable and semi-rare go to the scrap yard. Best 1/4 mile time naturally aspirated has been 12.25@110, but I'm current building a 408W/Powerglide/Nitrous combo for it.:

341280_2002850198477_1407409484_o_zpsbb02affe.jpg

242389_1726293244726_7310109_o_zpsbebf3fbf.jpg

And here's my current project on it, along with putting the cage in so that it'll be legal to run again, especially with the Windsor engine in it.

383845_2188121790151_1060484987_n_zps90ceb962.jpg

And this is my next purchase/project, since I kept ripping the torque boxes (suspension mounts for non-Mustang people) out of it launching at 5500rpm:

224968_472823336078247_793438763_n_zpsd2d75f8b.jpg

love this car. what size engine?
It had the 318, but that was fast enough, and the gas milage.....yikkes!!!! I bought the car used for my wife, we loved it:smile-big:

I didn't know you could get a 318 in a road runner. I thought the smallest you could get in a '69 Road Runner was a 383?

I didn't know you could get a 318 in a road runner. I thought the smallest you could get in a '69 Road Runner was a 383?
Ya'know looking back you may be right. It was so long ago.... and so many cars ago! I had several MoPars and I know my '70 3/4 ton 4x4 Power Wagon was a 318. My wife didn't drive that but I got to drive her RR!

I had a 69 Roadrunner, I paid around $2k for it new. I currently have an 03 Terminator mostly stock.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

I believe that we are experiencing one of the greatest resurgences of high horsepower cars that are far superior to what they were making in the 60's.

Remember back in the day, when running 12's at the track was amazing, and it typically wasn't a street car? Now you can buy an 850hp Mustang off the showroom floor if you've got the cash (Super Snake). If you don't want to go that far, you have the 580hp Camaro ZL1 and Mustang GT500 with 660hp. You can buy 4 cylinder, AWD cars that make more horsepower and are faster than anything we could buy in the 60s and 70's. Add in the foreign muscle that shows up, and you're in horsepower heaven. Nissan GTR with 545hp?

Taking into account the change in the way horsepower was rated in the 60's to the way it is today, and today's cars are far superior in horsepower and efficiency. They may not look as badass because they're "new", but in the horsepower arena, there's no beating a car that comes off the showroom floor perfectly street legal that'll run 12.0 flat in the 1/4 mile with the air conditioning on, getting 20mpg is just amazing.

Ya'know looking back you may be right. It was so long ago.... and so many cars ago! I had several MoPars and I know my '70 3/4 ton 4x4 Power Wagon was a 318. My wife didn't drive that but I got to drive her RR!

yeah i thought the smallest was a 383 aswell..

Could have been a satellite/sport satellite? But if it went meep-meep, it was definitely a road runner.

that's not a muscle car.. the original GTO's were, but this isn't.
I honestly do consider it more of a GT car.

But for argument sake, taking a midsize RWD coupe, stuffing a big discplacement high performance V8 in it, pairing it with short gears and a strong transmission, and selling it for a reasonable price is pretty much the definition of a muscle car.

I honestly do consider it more of a GT car.

But for argument sake, taking a midsize RWD coupe, stuffing a big discplacement high performance V8 in it, pairing it with short gears and a strong transmission, and selling it for a reasonable price is pretty much the definition of a muscle car.

Yup, you've got it.

A traditional 'muscle car' would never sell today. Sure they're great for cruising downtown/stop light racing but they really aren't good for anything else. I've ridden in many and they have all been terrible at cornering and stopping. Any of the modern cars mentioned in this thread are 'muscle cars - grown up'. They've matured with better suspensions (although still primitive in some cases). It's true that the old definition of "big engine, mid sized car, and cheap" should still hold true, but they need to have matured in other terms. Back in the '60s when nothing handled it was ok, but nowadays when a stupid hatchback can pull almost 1G in a corner a 'traditional muscle car' would fail harder than slotted spoon for eating soup broth.

Not a muscle car, but this is the closest thread to put it. The school where I teach has an Engineering Club, and my buddy & I (mostly him) had the kids make a coffee table out of a Jaguar V8 engine, and lamps out of the camshafts:

008_zpse6369acc.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what I want in my living room when I move out.

that would be quite the toe-breaker.

I love muscle cars, though I don't really own one. My Dad use to have a '67 Chevelle 396 back in the day, but sold it before I was born. He got me into Corvettes, and I've owned two of them. I had an '87 red with tan top convertible, auto that I got when I was a senior in high school. I had that for about almost 8 years, then traded it in on my current one. I now have a Nassau blue 2000 Hardtop with a 6 speed manual....it's my car baby. It only has a tick over 46,000 miles on it now. It's a pretty rare combo for the color and hardtop for the last year before they started making the ZO6 as the only hardtop. There was only 189 hardtops painted that blue in that year, so I take extra good care of it. Who knows, maybe some day I'll roll it across Barrett Jackson and make some good cash on it.

Here is a pic from a couple of summers ago. I recently got some new rims put on. I got some of the new ZR1 rims from the C6, but for some reason I can't find the picture on my computer. So this will have to do for now.

183_19890785323_5037_n.jpg

James

I love muscle cars, though I don't really own one. My Dad use to have a '67 Chevelle 396 back in the day, but sold it before I was born. He got me into Corvettes, and I've owned two of them. I had an '87 red with tan top convertible, auto that I got when I was a senior in high school. I had that for about almost 8 years, then traded it in on my current one. I now have a Nassau blue 2000 Hardtop with a 6 speed manual....it's my car baby. It only has a tick over 46,000 miles on it now. It's a pretty rare combo for the color and hardtop for the last year before they started making the ZO6 as the only hardtop. There was only 189 hardtops painted that blue in that year, so I take extra good care of it. Who knows, maybe some day I'll roll it across Barrett Jackson and make some good cash on it.

Here is a pic from a couple of summers ago. I recently got some new rims put on. I got some of the new ZR1 rims from the C6, but for some reason I can't find the picture on my computer. So this will have to do for now.

183_19890785323_5037_n.jpg

James
Nice man! My good friend in town has a '99 Nassau Blue FRC. It is a beautiful color.

I almost bought an FRC before I got my 03 Cobra.

I've got a '72 Chevelle that I'm playing with currently. Small black bored .030 over to a TH350 with a Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shift kit. It's been a driving project for the last few years, after the motor was in I would take it out for some cruises then park it again and start messing with it for a while. The motor and trans came out last winter and I tore apart and built up the internals. Last year was interior and body work, This past winter has been too hectic to make any progress but now that the weather is improving I'm starting to get antsy to finish it.It's almost done now all that's left is some small things like straightening out the gaps and then paint. Unfortunately the paint will have to wait another year or so as my girlfriend and I just purchased our first house. So for now I'll just drive it in primer. I'll have to get pics of it to upload.

Found a pic with my new rims on the Vette. Knew I had it somewhere. Took it to work today, not going to lie I hit triple digits on my Heads Up Display on the way home when I was passing a car. Love having a 6 speed!

James

Sent from my Samsug Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Found a pic with my new rims on the Vette. Knew I had it somewhere. Took it to work today, not going to lie I hit triple digits on my Heads Up Display on the way home when I was passing a car. Love having a 6 speed!

James

Sent from my Samsug Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Ask me if I'm shocked to find my brother on here posting pictures of "his baby". Got any pictures of my Vette on your computer at work James?

Ask me if I'm shocked to find my brother on here posting pictures of "his baby". Got any pictures of my Vette on your computer at work James?

Small world, hey?

My "not a muscle car" GTO got a little more muscle...

Dustin_CutoutsOpen_zpsdcd34298.jpg

Nice LS1! What'd you do to it??
I finally decided to put in a cam. Mod list is as follows...

Ported/Milled 243 heads
224/228 .581/.588 114LSA Cam
Kook 1 3/4" LTs
Kooks catless Mids
Underdrive Pulley
QTP Cutouts
CF Performance Maf Tube
Stock airbox
Ported Throttle Body
Spec 2+ Clutch
Tick Stage 2 M6

Back