Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I play a about a 65-66 gram driver, I'm thinking 70+ gram 3 wood, but is a 75 gram hybrid shaft too light? I've never gone deep on hybrid shafts, and I'm quite lost when I think about it...
I always got about 60-70 driver, 70-80 FW and 80-90 hybrid, 100ish in irons. I may switch a bit of those this time, but I do like my hribds around the 85 range!
I like 65-70 in the driver, 75-80 in the fairway, and 85-90 in my hybrids. If I get much lighter than that with the hybrids it feels too different from my iron shafts and can throw me off. I am thinking of maybe even matching my hybrid and irons by throwing some KBS shafts in all of them but not sure at this point.
Sounds like our ranges are similar, I like that idea of KBS in these Cobras!!! The UST Hybrid shafts look and sound like they'd be deadly in my AMP Cell Hybos!!!

Just got back from the range. I have never been so in love with clubs before. My trio of blue bombers are the best wooda/hybrids I have ever hit and the stock shafts fit me to a tee.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

That's ok dude! I still want to hear your feedback from the hybo when you get that!

Yup, I've hit most of the others and I like the AMP Cell the best. That being said, I haven't hit the RBZ Stage 2 which is the 3 Wood I got. (unofficially, because I ordered semi-blind and before I take the wrapper off I'm gonna try out some others.) The AMP Cell hybrid just went and went.

That bag looks awesome
Beh that was supposed to be to jlukes I fail at tapatalk

Yup, I've hit most of the others and I like the AMP Cell the best. That being said, I haven't hit the RBZ Stage 2 which is the 3 Wood I got. (unofficially, because I ordered semi-blind and before I take the wrapper off I'm gonna try out some others.) The AMP Cell hybrid just went and went.

The hybrid is just ridiculously easy to hit. I got the 2/3 hybrid and it even has me pondering replacing my 4 iron with another hybrid. It's that good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

The hybrid is just ridiculously easy to hit. I got the 2/3 hybrid and it even has me pondering replacing my 4 iron with another hybrid. It's that good.

You had an RBZ (Yours was a Tour though, right?) How does it compare in terms of playability, accuracy, distance, feel, etc? That being said, I was looking the the Cell to replace my 4i.

You had an RBZ (Yours was a Tour though, right?) How does it compare in terms of playability, accuracy, distance, feel, etc? That being said, I was looking the the Cell to replace my 4i.

Yup, I have the tour 18.5. Playing the Amp Cell at 18. I've only gotten to the range so far but it launches higher than the RBZ did. Forgiveness I give to the Amp Cell as well; it's almost like you have to try to hit this thing off line. The RBZ felt forgiving but mishits always leaked left on me. Distance goes to the cell as well. I absolutely crush the Amp Cell 3 wood and the hybrid almost keeps up with it.

Yup, I have the tour 18.5. Playing the Amp Cell at 18. I've only gotten to the range so far but it launches higher than the RBZ did. Forgiveness I give to the Amp Cell as well; it's almost like you have to try to hit this thing off line. The RBZ felt forgiving but mishits always leaked left on me. Distance goes to the cell as well. I absolutely crush the Amp Cell 3 wood and the hybrid almost keeps up with it.

Looks like the next choice then :) I'll hit the 3 wood before I make any final decisions on the RBZ S2 as well.

Looks like the next choice then :) I'll hit the 3 wood before I make any final decisions on the RBZ S2 as well.

Good call. I hit them all and the Amp Cell was the all around winner. Funny thing is the hybrid is the only one that I didn't hit of the Amp Cell before I bought it

First range session last night with 3-4 FW in the strong 3W 13* setting. I don't have stats but visually it seemed almost as long as my driver in the 240-250 yd range. That's a good problem hehe. Sound and feel were muted and minimal even on off-center hits towards the heel. The Fujikura Fuel shaft seems like a good fit for me with low to mid launch flight and good dispersion. I hit a couple of low liners off the deck so I need some more work here to get more carry.

This face is deeper than the G20 so I needed to slightly raise the tee to get more of a mid ball flight. I love the look of the orange crown and traditional shape of the clubhead. How this club received a silver rating on the Hot List is mind boggling?!?!

I'm changing to the 4W 16* setting for tomorrow nights range session. I'm really happy with this club so far.

I like 65-70 in the driver, 75-80 in the fairway, and 85-90 in my hybrids. If I get much lighter than that with the hybrids it feels too different from my iron shafts and can throw me off. I am thinking of maybe even matching my hybrid and irons by throwing some KBS shafts in all of them but not sure at this point.

I'm thinking:

Driver: AD DI 6 S
3 Wood: AD DI 7 S
2-3 Hyb: AD DI Hybrid 75
3-4 Hyb: AD DI Hybrid 85

Maybe both hybrids with the 85...

I would second this sir! As you may know, I am testing the RBZ2 3 hybrid. Last night I did a head to head comparison - unfortunately, I could only go by my eyes - no monitor. Both at 19' loft. The cell is clearly, for me, much easier to get in the air, and I have always struggled with that with 3 hybrids. It definitely carries further. As I have said before, the RBZ is really good off the tee on dry fairways, so I will keep it around for those type of conditions. But overall, I think the cell works better for me, and if my main purpose of a 3 hybrid was for hitting greens, I would go with the cell for sure.

Great thoughts all! Really glad to hear that these are performing !

I finally got the image from my Fit N Fly fitting with Jim yesterday, the way the FW and Hybos are recommended is really nice:
IMG_0143_zps10715364.png

I think I'll go with the 3/4 wood and the two hybrids, I just feel more confident with a 2 hybo than a 5 wood!!!

Icey - the 2/3 hybo is absolute money. I am playing my 3/4 wood at 14 degrees and the 2/3 hybo at 18 degrees. What a friggen combo!

The 2/3 hybo is quickly developing into one of my favorite clubs in the bag just based on range sessions alone!

the top 3 clubs in your bag are longer than I hit my driver haha

I wish they had that gap fitting app online rather than just on iOS! I am sure my gaps or correct, but it would still be really fun to play with!

Icey, I also want to note that our yardage gaps are eerily similar!

I wish they had that gap fitting app online rather than just on iOS! I am sure my gaps or correct, but it would still be really fun to play with!
Let me know if there's anything you want me to run on it for you!
Icey, I also want to note that our yardage gaps are eerily similar!
That's crazy, I'll be asking you a bunch of questions then before my clubs show up!!!
He's a sandbagger. I saw it in person last October!
That hurts to the core!!! Just kidding, I'm just hoping my game travels well the Myrtle!

Back