Ping Udrainium range, doc 12.5,15,17 - any experience?

Faiz

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys.
Recently my putting has gone to the dogs and I seem to be yipping or just not trusting my stroke.
I changed to a ping pal 5 and started putting really well.
After some research I came across the Doc 17;

post-11-1133808568.jpg

I figured that a putter this big is going to cure everything.lol
tbh I actually really like the way it looks contrary to popular opinion.

Before I go out and buy one I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this series of putter?
Ive read about the finish peeling off but does it get so bad that you can't play it?

Does anyone have any reviews of the 15 against the 17?
thanks in advance

I had a playing partner use one of these for quite some time. I used to mess around with it and I could say it was one of the least effective putters for me I ever picked up. Im sure it works for some, but I could not wrap my head around this one. The thing is gigantic and only made me miss than ever before.

Wow that's interesting.
Id imagine it would be easier cause its so easy to see the face turn.
Thats my experience with the pal 5, just want a longer sight and more weight.

I say go with it. Maybe it works wonders for you. Looking forward to following your thoughts on it.

There's always a different option to help you reel your putting back into line...... get a SeeMore!!!

Ive had mine 3 days now and I'm completely sold. I was never a bad putter, slightly inconsistent though, but the SeeMore just has the ball falling into the cup every single time!!! It's incredible!!

I have a buddy that uses one, and likes it alot. I never putted well with it, for me it is really disconcerting to stand over such a huge putter, and then it be as light as it is. A heavy dose of lead tape might help that a bit. I also didn't care for the feel of it but we know that is all personal.
He had the Doc 15, which I believe is smaller than the 17, but its still monstrous.

Might end up being a bit embarrassing pulling out half a pizza on the green but I'm so tired of missing easy birdie putts.
This weekend was a putting disaster.
Got my R1 going straight and was bombing the greens but my putting was all over the place.
Tbh I need a lesson but there's nobody here who can teach.

Might just buy one and see how it goes.
Hell it's only $70, I can probably sell it on if it fails.

Might look into a seemore also, wanted to try it out first.
Im sure there must be somewhere in England that is close to my grandparents house.

Also if someone could confirm, I'm almost certain I saw a pic somewhere where the putter was actually standing by itself.
Can someone confirm that? I think I'm struggling to get a real idea of how big it actually is.

Also if someone could confirm, I'm almost certain I saw a pic somewhere where the putter was actually standing by itself.
Can someone confirm that? I think I'm struggling to get a real idea of how big it actually is.

I thought it would stand on its own too, but it did not. They did make one called the stand up putter or something like that (not Ping) for a while, but it was not legal I do not believe.

As to the size, its freaking huge. Think of like 2 TaylorMade Spiders (full version) side by side.

As to the size, I wouldn't buy one if you use a stand bag, it makes it really hard to access other clubs sometimes.

If you are struggling I might would stick with what you have for a while, and order a book from one of the putting experts such as Pelz or Stockton, or maybe look into youtube lessons. The seemore might be a good idea if you look in to the SPI method of putting.

I've seen a few of these, and I've hit the Doc 17 (think that's the largest). I prefer blades. This thing resisted twisting very well, but it just seemed very hard to align. Also, the one I tried didn't fit me that well and I wound up digging the heel into the ground during the stroke. That being said, the guy who owned it putted pretty well, if memory serves.

From what I can find, the 17 is a semicircular head and is 6.7 inches / 17.02 cm long. That's a lot of putter.

Hey guys.
Recently my putting has gone to the dogs and I seem to be yipping or just not trusting my stroke.
I changed to a ping pal 5 and started putting really well.
After some research I came across the Doc 17;

post-11-1133808568.jpg

I figured that a putter this big is going to cure everything.lol
tbh I actually really like the way it looks contrary to popular opinion.

Before I go out and buy one I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this series of putter?
Ive read about the finish peeling off but does it get so bad that you can't play it?

Does anyone have any reviews of the 15 against the 17?
thanks in advance

I owned this putter and loved it. No issues, great weighting and feel. Really started to get my putting on track

What happened then?

It is a solid putter though and I did enjoy my time with it. You might want to look into a backstryke also. I had that as well for a while and liked that also

Do you get free clubs in the Morgan cup?
I find that having unusual clubs tends to intimidate my opponents.
As the only R1 owner here some of the members think it must be illegal cause I'm hitting it so far!
Imagine holing putts with a drain cover. They'll flip out!lol
i can see the reasoning behind the size and can understand how it works.
Might buy a doc15 if I can find a good one.

Do you get free clubs in the Morgan cup?
I find that having unusual clubs tends to intimidate my opponents.
As the only R1 owner here some of the members think it must be illegal cause I'm hitting it so far!
Imagine holing putts with a drain cover. They'll flip out!lol
i can see the reasoning behind the size and can understand how it works.
Might buy a doc15 if I can find a good one.

We do. Full club deal. Check out some of the threads on it. It's really an honor to represent THP and your sponsor in a tournament. Amazing experience.

Fair enough. Sounds pretty awesome.
Being in the middle of Africa kind of makes it impossible to ever play though.

Fair enough. Sounds pretty awesome.
Being in the middle of Africa kind of makes it impossible to ever play though.

Yup. However my point stands. It is a very very solid putter.

Ok well I couldn't resist.
I found one which was in really good condition and snapped it up.

19240l.jpg

Should arrive on Monday I imagine.
Ill keep you guys posted on how it goes.
Tbh I have high hopes for this one!

Well it arrived.
Doesnt look as big as I imagined!lol
for some reason I really like they way it's designed.
Seems to inspire a lot of confidence and it's easy to make a steady stroke.
Putted on the carpet aiming for another ball 10ft away and it's hard to miss. So easy to aim with that huge line down the middle. This is actually my first mallet!
Cant get onto the course until next Tuesday but I have a feeling this will help to improve my putting stroke a lot!

As someone who likes to be different and always try new things, I'm rooting for you. Good luck.

I had one of these for a while and it was like a space ship on the end of a shaft made the golf ball look really small

I know what you mean buddy but for some reason that kind of gives me some confidence.
The massive 7.5 cm line makes it so easy to ensure that alignment is spot on.
Thanks Sleuth, I'm hoping that it'll help turn easy 2 putts into potential 1 putts.
Really struggling for anything outside of 6 feet, might be our greens too though.
Theyre pretty uneven tbh. :-(

Back