Ping Udrainium range, doc 12.5,15,17 - any experience?

Well it arrived.
Doesnt look as big as I imagined!lol
for some reason I really like they way it's designed.
Seems to inspire a lot of confidence and it's easy to make a steady stroke.
Putted on the carpet aiming for another ball 10ft away and it's hard to miss. So easy to aim with that huge line down the middle. This is actually my first mallet!
Cant get onto the course until next Tuesday but I have a feeling this will help to improve my putting stroke a lot!

It will and you will love it. Congrats on the new purchase!

Congrats on the new flatstick. I have one of these courtesy of WCBM and it is a solid putter.Enjoy!

Well I managed to play today on my grandfathers home course in England.
Wow! This putter is awesome. Was lagging 30 footers for tap ins and holed a 25 footer.
Had quite a few 6-10 footers and didn't miss a single one.
There were laughs on the first 2 holes and nobody talked about it again after that!haha
definitely happy, I can't see this honeymoon period ending.lol

Well I managed to play today on my grandfathers home course in England.
Wow! This putter is awesome. Was lagging 30 footers for tap ins and holed a 25 footer.
Had quite a few 6-10 footers and didn't miss a single one.
There were laughs on the first 2 holes and nobody talked about it again after that!haha
definitely happy, I can't see this honeymoon period ending.lol

Nice to hear man! Really glad you love your purchase!

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to find one and you are happy with it. It looks to be in great shape.

Hey guys!
So I thought it would be worth updating this as I've probably used it for about 60-80 rounds since.

This putter is awesome.
My yips have more or less disappeared and I think the putter has encouraged me to develop a slower steadier stroke which tends to keep the putter more in line.

I find that my distance control is excellent, putts from any length tend to stop within 18 inches of the cup.
I do still struggle occasionally with holing mid length putts but I find that's either on or off.
Short putts are generally a breeze, it's usually very easy to two putt from anywhere on the green.

I am working on my short and mid length putts to try and get more in.

But all in all I think this putter, alongside my cleveland niblick 56, has changed my game for the better.
It's a shame there isn't really a modern equivalent.

Hey guys!
So I thought it would be worth updating this as I've probably used it for about 60-80 rounds since.

This putter is awesome.
My yips have more or less disappeared and I think the putter has encouraged me to develop a slower steadier stroke which tends to keep the putter more in line.

I find that my distance control is excellent, putts from any length tend to stop within 18 inches of the cup.
I do still struggle occasionally with holing mid length putts but I find that's either on or off.
Short putts are generally a breeze, it's usually very easy to two putt from anywhere on the green.

I am working on my short and mid length putts to try and get more in.

But all in all I think this putter, alongside my cleveland niblick 56, has changed my game for the better.
It's a shame there isn't really a modern equivalent.

Thanks for the update my man. This was my first major OEM putter and I loved mine as well. Here's hoping it continues to roll well

I am considering getting a TM DLL too at some point.
It's a bit frustrating as you can only test in the shop though.

I have only had my 12.5 Doc for a couple of month so I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I have really rolled the ball well since picking it up.

Hey guys!

Thought I'd update.
So I got a DLL and unfortunately it didn't work out for me at all but I do feel that it helped me to develop a consistent putting action.
I dropped the DLL and put the Udrainium back in the bag.

Wow! I have been putting some of the best putts ever.
Over the last weekend I had 7 birdies.
On Saturday I qualified for the Club Matchplay Championship and yesterday I made 4 birdies to win a practice match 5&3.
Don't think it'll be leaving my bag again unless I get a new one.

faiz: I'm going to offer a counter point. I owned a putter that was really big front to back. I found that on an undulating surface, it caused me to kind of flub it some. Now I prefer a more compact head.

I'd suggest that you stick an impact sticker on your putter's club face. The variance is probably a lot smaller than you think. I saw some pictures of high handicap hacks (like me) and the dispersion patter was about an inch. Granted an inch is huge, particularly relative to the actual swing, but my point is that you don't need a putter that is 6 inches (or more) front to back even with the worst misses.

rye?
Its not just about the width of the head. The width and the depth of the body of the putter gives it a very high moment of inertia MOI that's a mass property that is related to a body's resistance to turning (off line in the case of putting) SO, smaller faced putters do not have a high MOI and will twist easily making them harder to putt with. Orion golf's Black hawk and Black Swan take this to the extreme and the science is explained on their website too. https://one-putts.com/about/orion-golf/
I've just bought a Doc 15 and can vouch for the distance improvement. I also get the mid range short/duff result too? I think its a confidence thing to believe in hitting it harder mid range and not babying it? Great posts!

Back