Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing though - on the course, I'm usually still away so it's my turn over and over again.

Not when we play together!

Okay, Diane got me going from "mildly annoying" to "rant." All the kid-related stuff you have to buy/provide. Instead of just asking parents for money, we have to buy (and sell) all kinds of dopey fundraiser stuff. We have to provide the food and beverages to sell at their sporting events. And so on and so forth. Of course, none of this is ever revealed upfront, and it's on top of the fees to sign up and participate.

Why not just put a price tag on the whole thing and charge it?

I got you going? It's not my fault you had two kids.

I got you going? It's not my fault you had two kids.

No, you just prompted me as to who much this bugs me.

I should be grateful we stopped at two!

Claire - Are you sure you're feeling better? I've never seen you make so many typos. If Smallie starts making them - I'm going to be quite worried.

I am having a year full of my friend's weddings. I love my friends, but it is killing my bank account. The amount of money that you spend being in someone's wedding is insane. I just took my dress to get alterations done and of course that is another added $$ over the cost of the dress, plus shoes, plus jewelry, plus $$$$$$$$.

And then there is the mother of the bride. :at-wits-end: Asks us to do something then once we do it for her, she ******* about how we did it. Yes, yes, I will continue to obey, but you only have another month and then it is over!

Soxy - been there, done that and no you can never wear those bridesmaid dresses again - no matter what anyone says. Let's not even talk about dyed to match shoes.

Are we talking "27 Dresses" here? I can't imagine having to buy all that stuff just because a buddy decided to make the worst mistake of his life.:D Thank God for Tux rentals!!! Now that's an idea, why doesn't some enterprising lady open a consignment store for all those ugly bridesmaid dresses. Surely every ugly dress has already been made once and all you have to do is go pick it up.

Exactly, and why pay a few hundred dollars to buy a dress two sizes too big to then pay another hundred or so to get it altered.

Another thing, why do women get a shower and a bachelorette? Get rid of the shower. (yeah, no we don't want to get rid of the bachelorette) All a shower is, is more money for everyone else to spend. Someone has to pay for the shower, and in this case the hotel near the shower location, and then you get another gift, in addition to the wedding gift that we are going to give you. Pointless.

I never understood that - they measure you and then order a larger size as though you're going to pig out because your friend is getting married. I finally learned and told one bridal shop if they did that - they were going to have to eat the cost of the alterations. They ordered the correct size.

I have observed that the marriage usually lasts in inverse proportion to the size and cost of the wedding.... If it is all about the actual event and not about the bond being forged, then it is a problem.

Claire - Are you sure you're feeling better? I've never seen you make so many typos. If Smallie starts making them - I'm going to be quite worried.

I make them all the time! Sometimes I catch them after I post and I go back and edit them. What is really strange is you expect to fat finger a word or two here and there, (like you might type mest loag for meat loaf) but what about the times where you obviously hit the wrong key but it's nowhere near the letter you intended? (Like on another row, four or five letters or more away?)

I make them all the time! Sometimes I catch them after I post and I go back and edit them. What is really strange is you expect to fat finger a word or two here and there, (like you might type mest loag for meat loaf) but what about the times where you obviously hit the wrong key but it's nowhere near the letter you intended? (Like on another row, four or five letters or more away?)

My biggest problem is overrunning my fingers. I type about 70WPM, but my brain only works about 50WPM. This creates a backlog of letters in my head that stream out onto the keyboard in random sequence... I do a lot of backspacing...

My issue isn't really typos, but rather impulsive comments. At least I can edit posts. Once you hit send on a PM or email - it's too late.

My issue isn't really typos, but rather impulsive comments. At least I can edit posts. Once you hit send on a PM or email - it's too late.

I understand that Google now has a feature that actually lets you retrieve messages for a short period of time.

I understand that Google now has a feature that actually lets you retrieve messages for a short period of time.

Too late - the most impulsive ones have already been sent. Oh well. I'll try to remember to count to 10 in the future before hitting send.

I have written several e-mails to my boss that I just stuck in "drafts" for a couple of days before sending. If I am hot about something, I have learned that just smacking the send button usually gets me in deeper, so I let it age and re-read it before sending. Saved my behind more than once.

Better, but not 100%.

Thank God I'm past the wedding party stage.

For now - you are still going to be the mother of the bride at some point.

Oh please--I've got decades before THAT'S going to happen. Don't age me any faster than is already happening!

Now Boo has a fever and isn't feeling so great. School starts tomorrow. The last thing either of us needs is a sick Boo.

Dad was in the hospital last night. They drained 2 liters of bloody fluid from his lungs. The cancer is taking over. My sister is calling Hospice tomorrow.

And I won't even get into Hubby's latest tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back