Mizuno's New Irons

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
JB already previewed the MP-58 and MP-68 irons here, but they are up on Mizuno's website now (and TGW.com), along with the new MX-300s and MX-1000s:

MX-300:
ptl-back.jpg
ptl-setup.jpg

ptl-face.jpg
ptl-sole.jpg

MX-1000:
ptl-back.jpg
ptl-setup.jpg

ptl-face.jpg
ptl-sole.jpg

MP-58:

ptl-back.jpg
ptl-setup.jpg

ptl-sole.jpg
ptl-face.jpg

MP-68:
ptl-back.jpg
ptl-setup.jpg

ptl-face.jpg

The first thing that I noticed was that, on the MX-300s, Mizuno has seemingly abandoned the Y-Tune Technology (the Y shaped weighting in the cavity) in favor if what they are calling Y-Tune Technology Pro . . . which doesn't look like a Y at all to me (maybe an upright Yahoo-ish "Y" instead of a sideways "Y").

They also got rid of the blue decals (thankfully) on the cavities of the Game-Improvement clubs (MX irons).

Love the look of the 300s.

Me too SBC. I also liked the look (and feel) of the MX-200s.

I love the look of the MX-300s, but a set of the MX-200s is still probably my next set. That is, unless the Nike full-cavity VR's feel that much better to me. I can't say that right now there are any other irons that really get me excited.

I love the look of the MX-300s, but a set of the MX-200s is still probably my next set. That is, unless the Nike full-cavity VR's feel that much better to me. I can't say that right now there are any other irons that really get me excited.

92-

I personally preferred the Mizzy 200s, but the VR Full-Cavs were also nice. Definitely hit both side-by-side if you can.

No demo days scheduled around me anytime soon, so no chance to try the MX-300s. :sad:

92-

I personally preferred the Mizzy 200s, but the VR Full-Cavs were also nice. Definitely hit both side-by-side if you can.

No demo days scheduled around me anytime soon, so no chance to try the MX-300s. :sad:

Not so fast my friend....:confused2:

If you are thinking MX-200s, you owe it to yourself to consider the Adams A4s as well as Wilson Ci7s (the Wilsons in particular if the reason you are looking at the MX200s instead of the MX-300s is price). Both are great irons; I could have gone with either one. I just switched over to the Wilson Ci7 irons. Brand new, heads still wrapped in plastic for $220 shipped. Ridiculous value.

Looking very good IMO. Though the 300's are very similiar in design to the Srixon, all except for the offset which is obviously less in the 300.

They look good, but I kind of liked the blue on the MX200. I loved hitting those 200s, i am curious how the new irons will feel and if the 200s will now go on sale!!

I really like the MP-58's

They look good, but I kind of liked the blue on the MX200. I loved hitting those 200s, i am curious how the new irons will feel and if the 200s will now go on sale!!

We hopefully will have the MX300s in the next few weeks and can answer both questions at that time.

I'm not going to lie.
Those MP-68's look like sex on a stick really nice.

Will there be a replacement coming out for the MP-62 anytime soon?

I loved hitting those 200s, i am curious how the new irons will feel and if the 200s will now go on sale!!

Me too soxy.

I'm not sure the MX-200s will go on sale since (it looks like) they are staying in the line. The MX-200s have more offset than the MX-300s. And although I haven't seen the MX-300s in person, the text describes them as a "compact head size" while the MX-200s are described as a "slightly larger head size."

Based on my lust love for the MX-200s after having already hit them and the description, it sounds like the MX-200s are still the clubs for me (someday).

^^^^Mizzy is not replacing the MX-200's yet. The MX-300's and the 200's will co-exist. Mizzy is "supposedly"* on a two year cycle for irons so sadly the MX-200's won't be going on sale yet.......sorry! :banghead:

*this could change at their discretion though

^^^^Mizzy is not replacing the MX-200's yet. The MX-300's and the 200's will co-exist. Mizzy is "supposedly"* on a two year cycle for irons so sadly the MX-200's won't be going on sale yet.......sorry! :banghead:

*this could change at their discretion though

I am curious where you got your information from? We have slightly different info and I am wondering.

Im in love with the MP-68s! I like the looks of the MX-300s and MX-1000s too, they have a little bit more of a clean and understated look. I was never a fan of that blue that was on the cavity of last year's MX-200s.
Not to veer off-topic, but it looks like Mizuno is out of the putter market. They no longer list putters on their website so Im guessing that when the Bettinardis are no longer available you will no longer be able to buy a Mizuno putter.

They actually plan to launch a putter line in 2010 according to the marketing dept.

I am curious where you got your information from? We have slightly different info and I am wondering.

This is about 2 years old, maybe older from my fitter/swing coach in AZ. It is only what I was told so it could have changed. What word do yall have? Seems weird that they would drop the mx-200 completely and go from super GI to more of a low handicap iron without something b/w right?

The way I understood it was that they release stuff every year but individual product lines had a two year "shelf" life. This way they are not inundating the market a la TM etc but still get to release stuff every year? Again though this is from a retailer not direct from Mizuno so something could be lost in translation* or complete myth?

*(hee hee pun intended..........:cool:)

That 300 looks awfully close to some of the Srixon heads. I 506 and 701 Tour I think it is.

I really like the looks of the MX-300, but alas, I think it's too much club for me and my game.:disapointed:

That 300 looks awfully close to some of the Srixon heads. I 506 and 701 Tour I think it is.

QFT!

IMO there are a TON of irons coming out/been releasd this last year that have similiar tastes/designs. Okay by me though, maybe they will finally start releasing stuff geared at the average player who can play/plays more than once a month?

Back