Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Jesse, I love that color combo! Looks awesome.

did you get in on the bay?

Sure did buddy...even tried talking TexasHacker into doing the same and forgot he hits from the wrong side! Good thing he caught it.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Sure did buddy...even tried talking TexasHacker into doing the same and forgot he hits from the wrong side! Good thing he caught it.

LtEvO TaPpEd

I thought about grabbing one yesterday to throw on my Kusala Black for when my AMP CELL arrives. Can't wait to hear how you like the B Asha combo with it. That one intrigues me as well.

that whiteout/blue grip looks AMAZING on that blue driver!

sure does. I almost have regret.

well and we go back to the non-360 grip types in the adjustable clubs conversation.....

GP NDMC = my favorite grip
but IMO, there are two ways to use it...logo up and logo down. sideways just doesn't work well.
and most grips nowadays are actually setup with 4 notches, but MyFly has 6 positions...

and you're only going to use 1 setting during the round i know, but that may change, day to day, course to course, season to season, etc...

so you would have to know going in, at what loft you would want it defaulted to.

i'm over-thinking this i know...i'm particular about grips. :bulgy-eyes:

I test drove the Amp Cell driver yesterday, and all I can say is wow. Long (for me) and straight every swing. I usually have to go very high lofted drivers to get a decent launch and trajectory, but ended up turning this one down to 9.5 and may end up trying 8.5. Easily the most consistent and forgiving driver I have ever swung. Reading this thread ended up costing me a chunk of change for a lovely blue regular flex you bastiches! Can't wait to try it with real balls instead of range rocks out on the course.

well and we go back to the non-360 grip types in the adjustable clubs conversation.....

but IMO, there are two ways to use it...logo up and logo down. sideways just doesn't work well.
and most grips nowadays are actually setup with 4 notches, but MyFly has 6 positions...

and you're only going to use 1 setting during the round i know, but that may change, day to day, course to course, season to season, etc...

so you would have to know going in, at what loft you would want it defaulted to.

makes sense to me. No wonder we get along

I test drove the Amp Cell driver yesterday, and all I can say is wow. Long (for me) and straight every swing. I usually have to go very high lofted drivers to get a decent launch and trajectory, but ended up turning this one down to 9.5 and may end up trying 8.5. Easily the most consistent and forgiving driver I have ever swung. Reading this thread ended up costing me a chunk of change for a lovely blue regular flex you bastiches! Can't wait to try it with real balls instead of range rocks out on the course.

the #bluecrew expands!

Congrats on the new big stick! Let us know how it goes. I love hearing long and straight used in the same sentence.

I'm the exact same way. And honestly I like tinkering with the settings because it's so easy. I love that blue Multi grip but not ready for it yet because of the sideways grip thought.

My plan is to find MY setting and then have it regripped logo up once I get it dialed in. Assuming I guessed wrong on my order.

So I received this today and hit it on the range. This thing is a beauty and flat preformed. I was carrying it past where I had ever hit with previous drivers, doing so in 38 degree weather with a stiff breeze in my face. I think I really nailed it with this shaft/loft combo!
varudaze.jpg
8unuvuhe.jpg
abupege7.jpg
e2eryzyj.jpg
rydaqade.jpg

Gorgeous by the way!

Had a great range session with the "Red Baron" today.

Had a really good play with all of the settings and was amazed at the the height and ball flight I was getting on the 8.5* setting :in-love: it's staying at 8.5* this weekends tourney :act-up:

Congrats Jesse! Club looks awesome and it sounds like the results are even better.

That is one pretty driver!!!

Jesse, I love that color combo! Looks awesome.

that whiteout/blue grip looks AMAZING on that blue driver!

Gorgeous by the way!

Thanks guys I can't wait to take it to the course!

I'm the exact same way. And honestly I like tinkering with the settings because it's so easy. I love that blue Multi grip but not ready for it yet because of the sideways grip thought.

I personally don't mind it. I know the majority of the time it will be on the 9.5 setting, and so it will be straight. And when I changed it on the range it didn't personally bother me that much sideways. However, if I ever want to permanently change it to another setting I could just spend the 10$ on a new grip if I really needed to.

I have to say that as much as I love the driver, I hate the head cover.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You know, it's not my favorite. At least coordinate it to the color of the club you know?

I actually really like it, plus it allows them to make one headcover no matter which driver you buy.

I actually really like it, plus it allows them to make one headcover no matter which driver you buy.

Or you could just buy a sweet flatbrim HC!

I do think it looks much nicer in person

I agree with making one headcover, but I have to agree with Erky that I am not a fan of the one that comes with it. Such a pretty club it needs a headcover to match!

To match your driver or ricky orange?
(pardon me if your driver is ricky orange)

I am thinking the white one with orange trim. But the solid red almost looks orange to me. But on the bag I bet it looks red.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Sweet. I love all the staff bags, but being such an "orange" homer, after mine of course, the cobra's are my favorites

I am thinking the white one with orange trim. But the solid red almost looks orange to me. But on the bag I bet it looks red.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Back