Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

So, I'm doing the happy dance!!! :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance::banana::blob::blob::golf2::joy:

I got home from work and the new X HOT PRO's were sitting on my doorstep!!! Already unboxed and in the bag. Hopefully heading out to the range by the end of the week!

Dan

Congrats Dan! :clapp: Enjoy your new sticks :golf2::thumb:

Congrats Dan! :clapp: Enjoy your new sticks :golf2::thumb:

I plan on it :banana: This is my first set of brand new clubs ever. I've always got used clubs. I've been fit before, and then found a set of used clubs fitting my specs, but they were still off from previous use. With these being brand new, I can't wait to get these onto the course!!! Darn this Chicago weather with snow in late March.

Dan

Got my new XHPs in on Sunday. Picked them up and had to hit the 8 iron before getting them home to take them out of the box.

Ball flew great! Out of town this week but really excited about getting them out on the course this weekend.

XHP 4-PW with new golf pride z grips. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364354345.629453.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364354374.027246.jpg

Got my new XHPs in on Sunday. Picked them up and had to hit the 8 iron before getting them home to take them out of the box.

Ball flew great! Out of town this week but really excited about getting them out on the course this weekend.

XHP 4-PW with new golf pride z grips. View attachment 8678View attachment 8679
Those look awesome, I can't wait to hear how the Zgrips work for you on them!

Who is playing the 6.0's in these?

No matter what I do I can't make this shaft work

I have 6.0 in the set in my bag. What's the issue?

I felt like the head was twisting and I was seeing a late fade with almost every shot. The also didn't feel like the club head was releasing at contact. This is my second with them in the bay and both times the same thing.

A much smoother swing produced a straighter ball flight/less fade.

I also saw a high ball flight out of them. I don't recall numbers as I was really there for wedge pondering.

I know I get aggressive at the ball and think that might be the issue.

The px95 is a light weight shaft that don't respond to the same move as a heavier shaft. They do launch high and even higher off mats. The twisting sounds like toe hits to me. And in all my years of playing I've never felt the head release. Swing happens way too fast

I felt like the head was twisting and I was seeing a late fade with almost every shot. The also didn't feel like the club head was releasing at contact. This is my second with them in the bay and both times the same thing.

A much smoother swing produced a straighter ball flight/less fade.

I also saw a high ball flight out of them. I don't recall numbers as I was really there for wedge pondering.

I know I get aggressive at the ball and think that might be the issue.
What shafts are you gaming now? If I recall the specs, the PX95 6.0 has a softer butt and tip section then KBS Tour S. Could be the reason why.

The px95 is a light weight shaft that don't respond to the same move as a heavier shaft. They do launch high and even higher off mats. The twisting sounds like toe hits to me. And in all my years of playing I've never felt the head release. Swing happens way too fast

Thanks for the info I'll keep it in mind next time I pick these up. The toe hit would make sense but they didn't feel like toe hits the felt like center shots and ball flight seemed too high as well.

Ask if they have a KBS your shaft next time you go. Typically come with demo set

Sleuth I have tx flighted in my ci11's and I know the play soft.

Tadashi I will do that, I know I will be in GG coming up soon for more wedge pondering.

I also couldn't get used to the PX shafts. Felt way too light for me and too soft. I went with Kbs tour stiff, and am extremely happy I did. No up charge to order with kbs tour in them either.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

X-hot pro's with PXi shafts arrived today. Took the 7i and PW out back (house backs up to an open wetland so I let the range balls fly out there). Also took my i20's with CFS shafts out to compare. Firstly, I love the PXi shaft, it is soooooo smooth. This may be my favorite shaft yet. Comparing the two clubs the CFS shafts were actually launching the ball considerably higher, I hit my irons high to begin with, so when that came down with the X-Hots and I gained distance just by looking at where the ball was landing, I was pleasantly surprised. Now I just have to pull the crud callaway grips and put some i-lines on them.

X-hot pro's with PXi shafts arrived today. Took the 7i and PW out back (house backs up to an open wetland so I let the range balls fly out there). Also took my i20's with CFS shafts out to compare. Firstly, I love the PXi shaft, it is soooooo smooth. This may be my favorite shaft yet. Comparing the two clubs the CFS shafts were actually launching the ball considerably higher, I hit my irons high to begin with, so when that came down with the X-Hots and I gained distance just by looking at where the ball was landing, I was pleasantly surprised. Now I just have to pull the crud callaway grips and put some i-lines on them.

I'm a Project X fanboy for sure now. I originally was supposed to get :TrueTemper: GS85 shafts. I got a call asking if the 95's would work thinking they were talking about the GS95 shafts. Anyways when I opened the box the were the PX 95 shafts. I compared the two and thank goodness I fell in love with the PX shafts :thumb:.

I know you are going to enjoy these so congrats! :clapp:

Just a quick update on these. I made it to the range today and took a much better swing with me this time. I really, really love how these sound and feel when you flush one. The distance is nice too...I am seeing about a half club increase over my old X Tour irons. There are not many reference points at my local range so I could really only measure my 9 iron. I was seeing about 140 yds per a GPS application I have on my phone. I'm not a big hitter but I will take that considering it is still March, no one told mother nature it is supposed to be Spring and I was hitting 5+ year old range balls. I would expect the 9 iron to max out at about 145 come summer, which would put it a full club farther than my old ones. One thing I have to disagree with Callaway on is that it doesn't appear the sweetspot is as low on the clubface as they advertise. Maybe that is only applicable to the non-Pro model.

Still not regretting the purchase. Looking forward to warmer weather and a less rusty swing to really see how these stack up. Also looking to pair these up with the new Chrome + ball and bring my A game to the ATL Invitational in August.

I have sinned against Titleist :confused2:....

EW had a demo day at a local club so I went and hit just about everything they had to offer. Adams, Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Cleveland etc. I've been playing my AP1's for a while and although I like a lot of things about them, the long irons just didn't work for my swing, especially since I've been making changes over the winter and it's taken some speed off of me trying to gain control and I had all my clubs in S flex.

Well the Rocketbladez didn't impress me, I hit a few clean shots with them but the 4 and 5 iron were no better for me than my current irons so they were out of the running. I hit others but when I picked up the X-hots and took my first swing for a dead center landing between the 135 and 160 pin on the range with an 8 iron I was floored. Flight was high, straight, and soft landing. I hit about 30 balls with the 8 iron, all of them coming in around the 145 mark, 2 horribly fat shots which I happen to do when there are that many people around and I think they are all watching me hahaha. I hit a couple thin and although they didn't have the height, they were within 6-7 yards of my target.

I left the demo day and went to EW and bought the combo set, 3/4 hybrids and 5-pw irons. I hit the pros as well while I was there with very similar results but I had a decent swing today, it's not always there so I wanted the set with the most forgiveness.

Another thing I like about them over the Titleist clubs I've been playing is they simply look better to me looking down at address. The AP1's were great irons but they did look like shovels to me and with the stiffer shaft and my new slower swing they were right side biased bad. I think I made a good choice here and can't wait to get to the course now.

I had a few folks at the THP Monroe Get Together today, hit my X Hot Pro Irons. I think they came away impressed to say the least :D:thumb:

Got my X Hot Pro irons out to the range today for a small bucket. man, these things are really forgiving for a "pro" iron. They feel very solid to me. The range has mats so I am excited to get them out on the course tomorrow. I was consistantly hitting them about 5 yards longer than my current iron. Which is cool, but definitely not a need. will have more feedback tomorrow.

Got my X Hot Pro irons out to the range today for a small bucket. man, these things are really forgiving for a "pro" iron. They feel very solid to me. The range has mats so I am excited to get them out on the course tomorrow. I was consistantly hitting them about 5 yards longer than my current iron. Which is cool, but definitely not a need. will have more feedback tomorrow.
Boy, I missed this...when did you get them?

Hey buddy I know you were excited about them. Cant wait to hear how you play them tomorrow.

Welcome to the club! You know if an old hack like me can hit em, they're pretty forgiving :D

The X-hot pros look sweet! I checked em out in GG and Im very tempted to bag then this year.

today! haha

I am pretty stoked for tomorrow. GIRS will be my test.

I'm going to need some feedback from you....R11 vs J40 DPC vs X Hot Pros.

Back