Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

That's the issue. I really like the benefits of graphite. I find myself with less aches and pains, and I get a much quicker recovery because of it.

I have the Miyazaki's that came stock with the Cleveland Black's and love them.

I have not checked, but what options do they have for graphite?

Just had a quick look and the Miyazaki isn't on the Callaway list. I think you the PX95 would be great for you

I have not checked, but what options do they have for graphite?

Aldila VS Proto 85 or 100 and Callaway also shows their own graphite shaft on the website.

Aldila VS Proto 85 or 100 and Callaway also shows their own graphite shaft on the website.

thanks buddy. I'm checking out graphite shafts for my set as well. Might be a fun experiment.

Nice thoughts sleuth. I am interested in seeing some numbers tomorrow

The Aldila would look bada$$ in the pro's

thanks buddy. I'm checking out graphite shafts for my set as well. Might be a fun experiment.

I was a little unsure at first last year too, but this is definitely not your grandfathers graphite

The Aldila would look bada$$ in the pro's

I was thinking the same thing. Put the 85 stiff in them and they should feel very similar to the Miyazaki

boom sounds like the mind is made up. Place that order!

I thought the stock graphie in the RAZR X's was pretty good too Yorkem. Might be worth at least trying them out if you have the opportunity.

boom sounds like the mind is made up. Place that order!

If I were ordering today I would be done, but you know me, I will overthink it until I have to make the decision.

I thought the stock graphie in the RAZR X's was pretty good too Yorkem. Might be worth at least trying them out if you have the opportunity.

Really...Why don't I remember that? I am going to have to check it out. Thanks Hawk.

I didn't review them buddy. Just used them for a round a couple years ago.

I didn't review them buddy. Just used them for a round a couple years ago.

Oh...you had me searching for your review. hahaha

LOL sorry about that. I don't recall anything extra special about them, but they seemed to be fine shafts.

LOL sorry about that. I don't recall anything extra special about them, but they seemed to be fine shafts.

That's cool bro. I was planning on heading to Golf Galaxy later today so I will see if they have any in LH in stock so I can give them a go.

Pulled my 8 iron XHP out of the bag along with some found balls and put my first swings in with these. Wow is all I can say, dead strait with a mid high flight. I should have waited until tomorrow to write something as I will have a long range session after work but I just had to chime in. Very first shot was off the toe and was dead strait with a good flight. Next few were even better but what got me was the first shot off the toe. It did not have that mis-hit feel that I am used to. Shafts are the PX95 5.5's, Should offer a more detailed review after a long range session but so far I am impressed.

Those look awesome, I can't wait to hear how the Zgrips work for you on them!

Z Grips are great! Put them on my driver and hybrid on the recommendation of a friend and haven't look back. I really like the feedback, bad shots feel bad good shots feel good, just like it should be.

Yesterday was so awesome. It was my first time hitting the XHP's. I honestly have no idea where to start. On the 192 yard par3 where I pulled 7 iron and hit it to about 8 feet or the par 3 168 where I took 8 iron to 5 feet. Which, many of you know...irons havent been a strong part of my game. I literally had 2 mishits with my irons yesterday. 205 par 3, 5 iron that forgot to draw on me...haha. and a pulled pw. Other than that, these irons flat out performed.

They feel so great at impact. i have gamed many different irons and these are top of the list all time for feel. As for forgiveness in a "pro" iron I was blown away. Although I didnt hit any fat or thin, I did catch some just a hair on the toe, and I saw no issues. I played the 5 iron from a few tee boxes on par 4's and I was center of the fwy every time. It was almost automatic. One par 4 with the wind in my face, I hit a 5 and really stopped my swing to flight it lower. That worked like a charm.

I really need to get my thoughts together on these, but first impressions are that I am very impressed. I do have the KBS tour S shaft in these. and I wouldnt change that for anything.

sounds like these are a good set for you man. Glad you had a good day with them yesterday. Pretty impressive seeing as you hit about 30 balls with them on the range the day prior.

Yesterday was so awesome. It was my first time hitting the XHP's. I honestly have no idea where to start. On the 192 yard par3 where I pulled 7 iron and hit it to about 8 feet or the par 3 168 where I took 8 iron to 5 feet. Which, many of you know...irons havent been a strong part of my game. I literally had 2 mishits with my irons yesterday. 205 par 3, 5 iron that forgot to draw on me...haha. and a pulled pw. Other than that, these irons flat out performed.

They feel so great at impact. i have gamed many different irons and these are top of the list all time for feel. As for forgiveness in a "pro" iron I was blown away. Although I didnt hit any fat or thin, I did catch some just a hair on the toe, and I saw no issues. I played the 5 iron from a few tee boxes on par 4's and I was center of the fwy every time. It was almost automatic. One par 4 with the wind in my face, I hit a 5 and really stopped my swing to flight it lower. That worked like a charm.

I really need to get my thoughts together on these, but first impressions are that I am very impressed. I do have the KBS tour S shaft in these. and I wouldnt change that for anything.

Thank you for furthering my ponder One-T

These irons did feel nice the one time I hit them in the store. I hope to get them outside and see how they do on real grass.

Your phone will be ringing shortly. I want to hear more.

Yeaaaaa buddyy!!!

I had a feeling these would squash the R11. Lets just hope this isn't the 'honeymoon' phase.

sounds like these are a good set for you man. Glad you had a good day with them yesterday. Pretty impressive seeing as you hit about 30 balls with them on the range the day prior.
I know man. A few balls on the range then straight to success.
Thank you for furthering my ponder One-T
Your very welcome pal!!
These irons did feel nice the one time I hit them in the store. I hope to get them outside and see how they do on real grass.
umm, I will answer that for you. I found them to better on grass

Yeaaaaa buddyy!!!

I had a feeling these would squash the R11. Lets just hope this isn't the 'honeymoon' phase.
There is no such thing with me Sleuth! haha

Can you comment a bit on ballflight with the KBS tours? I am hitting it way to darn high with the rocketbladez/90 combo.. I know these are certainly quite a bit different, but I think a good different for me

Back