Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

hmm that sounds interesting...will all optifit weight's fit all drivers? (Razr fit vs. Razr fit Extreme)

Yes. Last season Callaway released a set of the optifit weights but a lot of the people that I know, settled on a certain combination and the rest simply sat there and remained unused. The other thing is with last year's set, the heaviest weight in the pack was 10g. I am not sure how significant it would be compared to the 13g.

Personally I play the "S" setting. I was getting either a slight draw or a bigger one (~20-25yds) depending on the weight configuration (neutral or draw biased). This is my natural shot shape with either irons or woods. However my body seemed to subconsciouly compensate for this since after about a dozen shots or so, in the draw biased setting, the size of the draw became noticeably less. Perhaps at the time of tinkering, I hadn't had enough time with this club yet but the weight setting did not have as big a difference on my ball flight as I though it would. Incidentally, I tried a 3g weight also but the difference felt negligible.

Anyway after that, I thought it would be safe to go for the heaviest optifit weight I could get my hand on. Honestly speaking right now, I am so happy with it that I am unlikely to change anything any time soon.

thank you both for the info might give it a try...

Just got back from PGA SS comparing my 11.5 with the demo. Read counterfeit thread on why I compared.

The demo club had the blue PXv 6.0, set the C, 13g on heal, and 1g on toe. Hit this setup for a couple of minutes. Avg #

100 mph swing speed
8-12 degree launch
145-147mph ball speed
2800-3500 spin
Dispersion was center and about 10 yd left consistently.

Switched to my setup red PXv 5.5, set to S, 13g on heal, and 1g on toe. Avg #

100 mph swing
6-12 degree launch
143-145mph ball speed
2200-3000 spin
Dispersion was center and about 10-15yd left consistently

Between these two setups, the right side was completely out of play. The reason the launch and soon was lower with my club is because I teed it a bit lower. Afraid to put a dummy mark especially if I was going to return the club.

I've hit the 9.5 with Trinity and Fubuki in stiff during a demo day. Before someone pointed it out to me, I did not know 11.5 was a 460cc head. The 11.5 definitely feels more forgiving and it didn't balloon the ball. I expected launch angle to be at least 15-18 degree with the demo club when I had the proper tee height.

I do think tinkering with the weights like previous posters have mentioned should help out. The 11.5 has a draw bias according to Callaway site and the 13g on the heal could explain why I was 10-15 yd left consistently. More weight on the toe should help straighten it out.

Next experiment is try my Kusala Black. I thought with the 11.5 I would need a shaft to help keep the ball flight down but with today's numbers I'm not so sure. The weather is warming up here so I will get to see the actual ball flight outside soon. Hopefully this weekend.

***Tappin in cuz I #SeeMore***

just placed my MC order after a great fitting and learning a TON.....

Club Head - Razr Fit Xtreme
Dexterity - RH

Loft- 10.5*
Shaft - Matrix 7M3 Black Tie
Flex - Stiff
Grip - Callaway Golf Lamkin Crossline Red/Black Paint fill +1 Wrap of tape
Length - 47"

U Design
Crown Color-Black
Sole Color-Black

Laser Etching- ************

gotta keep something a surprise!!!!

got some really good numbers when i put a good swing on the ball.... seeing a little less carry distance maybe 5-10 yards but my current driver plugs and this will def give me some roll that i NEVER ever see. nice seeing a better ball flight that doesn't balloon to much. good news was i was seeing the same ball speed with this as my current driver and less side spin. Really looking forward to changing drivers for the first time in quite some time.

Dexterity - RH

Loft- 10.5*
Flex - Stiff
Length - 47"

U Design
Crown Color-Black
Sole Color-Black

got some really good numbers when i put a good swing on the ball.... seeing a little less carry distance maybe 5-10 yards but my current driver plugs and this will def give me some roll that i NEVER ever see. nice seeing a better ball flight that doesn't balloon to much. good news was i was seeing the same ball speed with this as my current driver and less side spin. Really looking forward to changing drivers for the first time in quite some time.

Nice Buck. Little surprised at 47 inches though. I think the roll will definitely help you out at True Blue. Bombs away!

Nice Buck. Little surprised at 47 inches though. I think the roll will definitely help you out at True Blue. Bombs away!

apparently my drivers been over 47" for the last 2 years. never knew how long my shaft was. its playing close to 47.25" so after talking to my fitter he said might as well give it a go at 47" if its bad i can cut it down to what i was hitting it on the range i think that stock shaft was 46"

apparently my drivers been over 47" for the last 2 years. never knew how long my shaft was. its playing close to 47.25" so after talking to my fitter he said might as well give it a go at 47" if its bad i can cut it down to what i was hitting it on the range i think that stock shaft was 46"

Wow, pretty bizarre! Look forward to seeing the new stick in action!

Interesting order there Buck. Curious as to why you went 47" on the shaft length. Or was it a typo and supposed to be 45"?

Never mind. You posted before me. Still interesting.

Dexterity - RH

Loft- 10.5*
Flex - Stiff
Length - 47"

U Design
Crown Color-Black
Sole Color-Black

Hmmm - RhinosDriver Thanks man!!

Interesting order there Buck. Curious as to why you went 47" on the shaft length. Or was it a typo and supposed to be 45"?

Never mind. You posted before me. Still interesting.

Hahaha yeah it surprised me and my fitter as well he said he's never ever fit anyone to a shaft that long but said might as well give it a go. Plus this is my contact with my current shaft and driver. So I know I can control it. 3 balls all dead center.
a7aqa2e2.jpg

Hahaha yeah it surprised me and my fitter as well he said he's never ever fit anyone to a shaft that long but said might as well give it a go. Plus this is my contact with my current shaft and driver. So I know I can control it. 3 balls all dead center.
a7aqa2e2.jpg

Damn Buck I don't do that with a wedge!

Damn Buck I don't do that with a wedge!

i think it helps that i've kept the same driver for so long but its also why i wanted to at least try the same length shaft. i honestly think i'll be fine with it. plus i should be able to get a little bit more Swing speed and get my ball speed up just a tad.... was consistently between 165-170 ball speed with very little side spin. my launch was low but we closed the face and was getting better numbers plus its nice to have options with the launch especially with the differences in courses in myrtle can lower the loft for true blue for more roll and tighten it up for more accuracy at caledonia.

a7aqa2e2.jpg

Uh. Yeah. That would work for me too. Haha

a7aqa2e2.jpg
That's exactly what you are looking for right there!!! TEAM DOT COM FTW!!!

Buck you are nailing it. I had a great day today with the Razr Fit hitting 9/14 fairways. I'm always happy hitting over 50% of fairways. So i'm really looking forward to getting the Xtreme in my hands

sweet order buck. That think is going to look mean. Can't wait to see you hitting some buckbombs with it.

sweet order buck. That think is going to look mean. Can't wait to see you hitting some buckbombs with it.

Yeah it's gonna look good.

Dame were we allowed to ask for laser etching for MC drivers. I didn't ask

buck thanks for sharing your driver fitting info and final results. Black on black should look sweet!

buck thanks for sharing your driver fitting info and final results. Black on black should look sweet!

My pleasure. Yeah and black tie shaft. Gonna look sharp for sure.

Good choice on the black/black/Black Tie, Buck. I'll be doing the same soon.

Stealth BOMBS!

Well, I'm going to be apart of Team Xtreme for this years Morgan Cup. I hit the XHot Pro and Xtreme really close to one another. The XHot went a bit more straighter but I found the Xtreme I could work a bit more off the tee, so that's the direction I went in. I'm really excited to be sporting this driver this year (9.5 degree). Here is the UDesign I went with:

drivers-razr-fit-xtreme-udesign____11980_11973_2_zps6d75eada.png

drivers-razr-fit-xtreme-udesign____11980_11973_1_zps26965252.png

Shaft I went with the Fubuki 70 X

post-4-1317278389649_zps9c0d31c4.jpg

And grip, I really wanted a grip that would stay dry this summer and I wouldn't have to worry about my hands slipping all around because of the hot weather. This Golf Pride Z-grip will work perfect!

prod-zgrip-black-white-298x666_zpsca1d389d.jpg

Very excited about getting my 1st MC club order in and want to thank everyone that participated in my voting thread that helped me picked which direction I should go in. I really think I'm going to like this combo!

Back