Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

Just did some research on these babies. Just so you know, those who are thinking of pulling the trigger on these, they are much more upright at stock than normal irons. I usually play 1 degree upright on my irons and these are already 63* for the stock 7. That is perfect for me, but possibly more upright than some of you are used to.

That's really good info to have. I normally play 1 to 2 degrees upright so these probably wouldn't need any customization!

Siri speaks for me!

That's really good info to have. I normally play 1 to 2 degrees upright so these probably wouldn't need any customization!

Siri speaks for me!

Probably not. I was shocked. Even my Cally MB's last year had to be bent 1* upright. These are PERFECT. Also they are a tad longer than I'd like. Going to get .75 Shorter than standard for length.

Just did some research on these babies. Just so you know, those who are thinking of pulling the trigger on these, they are much more upright at stock than normal irons. I usually play 1 degree upright on my irons and these are already 63* for the stock 7. That is perfect for me, but possibly more upright than some of you are used to.

usually I play my irons around 2 flat, really 1.5 flat is probably ideal for me. When I hit these on a lie board last month the guy fit me to 1 flat. Looks like they are .5 degree difference from the regular AMP CELL and 1/4 inch shorter. The AMP Forged are the same lie as the AMP CELL and the same length as the AMP CELL Pro.

usually I play my irons around 2 flat, really 1.5 flat is probably ideal for me. When I hit these on a lie board last month the guy fit me to 1 flat. Looks like they are .5 degree difference from the regular AMP CELL and 1/4 inch shorter. The AMP Forged are the same lie as the AMP CELL and the same length as the AMP CELL Pro.

Correct on all accounts.

Good to know going in what you are getting.

Probably not the right spot for it, but we are here anyway. Did you notice they included the AMP Forged lineup in the latest iron offering video?

It sounds like they have no intention of replacing them this year. They are such a good iron too.

It sounds like they have no intention of replacing them this year. They are such a good iron too.

I know. They are very AP2 like. A lot to like about those irons.

Tim, that's wicked smaht of you to bring up. i didn't even notice.

so here's my qualm...i hit the 7 really well on the sim. i normally wouldn't play the 1* upright. should i have them bent back 1*?

So I am totally drooling over these lately, there is a video cut screen used on NBC or the GC where they show one of these hitting a ball on a fairway and each time it pops up I keep thinking to myself, I need to hit these again!!!

I may need to boycott this thread until or order is placed. I hope to get the chance to hit all the irons this week but I know these are just not the best irons for my game. The are sooo good looking though.

I may need to boycott this thread until or order is placed. I hope to get the chance to hit all the irons this week but I know these are just not the best irons for my game. The are sooo good looking though.

I'm over them. At least until the 20th when I hit all the cobra stuff again at a demo day. For me it's either the AMP Cell or the Forged(if Cobra wants them represented).

I'm over them. At least until the 20th when I hit all the cobra stuff again at a demo day. For me it's either the AMP Cell or the Forged(if Cobra wants them represented).

Every since the orange staff bag arrived I have had thoughts of throwing the AMP forged in the bag. I really enjoyed hitting them a few months ago and need to try them head to head with the AMP Cell's.

Every since the orange staff bag arrived I have had thoughts of throwing the AMP forged in the bag. I really enjoyed hitting them a few months ago and need to try them head to head with the AMP Cell's.

seeing them in the new iron commercial had me thinking. I'm going to talk to our tour rep and see if they want them promoted or if they would want to focus on the AMP Cell line.

seeing them in the new iron commercial had me thinking. I'm going to talk to our tour rep and see if they want them promoted or if they would want to focus on the AMP Cell line.

It will be interesting to hear their response but I think it would be good to have at least one guy throwing datrs with them.

It will be interesting to hear their response but I think it would be good to have at least one guy throwing datrs with them.
Same here, I can't wait to hear the response on that, I know for sure the AMP Cell Pros will be represented. Maybe I'll go AMP Cell in RED!!!

Same here, I can't wait to hear the response on that, I know for sure the AMP Cell Pros will be represented. Maybe I'll go AMP Cell in RED!!!

This will be covered by at LEAST yours truly.

I woke up this morning with only one thing on my mind...full MB set. Man I'd love that!

I woke up this morning with only one thing on my mind...full MB set. Man I'd love that!

Considering it as well buddy. I just don't know what the advantage is. For me, the flow set does everything I want with alittle bit more forgiveness with the long irons. I think that for me, I should set my ego aside and trust Cobra. It isn't like the DP cavity or the CB are shovels and they should allow for more ease to get the ball in the air. I didn't have any trouble with my last MB set, but I just don't know what the advantage is if I have these options.

Considering it as well buddy. I just don't know what the advantage is. For me, the flow set does everything I want with alittle bit more forgiveness with the long irons. I think that for me, I should set my ego aside and trust Cobra. It isn't like the DP cavity or the CB are shovels and they should allow for more ease to get the ball in the air. I didn't have any trouble with my last MB set, but I just don't know what the advantage is if I have these options.

Exactly, no benefit, just ego and nice to have sort of thing...

Flow set is choice of reason, MB is the choice of Barney Stinson.

hahaha yup. Good analogy.

Barney Stinson would game the MB and make them legend,wait for it, dary.

Barney Stinson would game the MB and make them legend,wait for it, dary.

Darn you ddec. I am LEGENDARY! You might have just talked me into the MB set.

Back