Irons feel like I am hitting rocks

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
Weird thing the last several rounds. Since I have been paying more attention to feel, my irons feel like I am hitting rocks.
They just feel weird, I put some tape on them to see where the impact was and most were pretty much in the sweet spot.
Ball flight is a bit lower than usual but not by allot, just wondering if I am hitting possibly to direct onto the ball or what.
Tomorrow I am going to test them against my old Adams graphite irons,which I know are allot shorter but feel better.

Anyone run into this when they aren't hitting well or at any other time. My golf partner even commented that the irons sounded allot louder than normal.

This is usually the sound I get when I am hitting the ball a little thin.

This is usually the sound I get when I am hitting the ball a little thin.

Same story for me, it gets worse when they are thin near the heel.

Thin and/or casting for me. Do you feel like you are hitting down through the ball and compressing it well?

Hmm ok, makes sense. I had a couple of slight flyer lies where the ball was sitting up a little and these felt like melted butter.

It can also get a nasty feel if you get too steep.

Like Jman said, this feeling is usually associated with striking the second or third groove. On the tape it looks like a solid strike but it a bit low on the club face. Hence the lower ball flight and sound.

Last edited:
Back