whats the stat you pay attention to the most (GIR,FIR, or scrambling %)

FIR's. If I can get off the tee, I'm going to be ok everywhere else. If I'm hitting from the crap on my second shot everywhere, I'm doomed.

Me, I look at GIR and Putts. I can almost tell you what I shot to the number just by looking at GIR and Putts.

This for me as well. Pretty much dictates whether I shoot 80 or 94.

To those who are saying fairways, do you see a reduction or increase in putts on average?

For me it is all about GIR. Got to get there with a low count to have any chance of making birdies.

Used to think gir and fir were the best gauge of my day, but since I started tracking stats the middle of last year I now see that scrambling is my personal weakness and that % has the greatest impact on my final score.
Dont tour pros hit the green about 60% of the time? That's lots of up and down opportunities even for them. Golfshot tells me a 12 handicapper hits 30% gir.

thats what im saying everyone seems focused on GIR if they dont hit lots of them they cant score well, meaning they cant scramble .........

Total score, although as it's the weakest part of my game, I'm always interested to see my putting stats.

GIR for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fairways

Total strokes. High score wins, right?

thats what im saying everyone seems focused on GIR if they dont hit lots of them they cant score well, meaning they cant scramble .........
But I could miss a whole bunch of greens and still 78 just the same as I could hit a bunch of greens and shoot 78. Difference is that my chipping was good so not many putts while shooting the first 78 and the second 78 had a whole bunch of putts.. That's why I feel GIR and Putts are the two most important. Scrambling to me doesn't tell the whole story.

Gir and putts per round. If I can hit greens then I should shoot par. If I can make putts I should shoot par or better.

Putts or total score for me. 3 putts aggravate me so much! Although chipping should be up there too.

For me, my goal to improve is to increase my GIR. I hit alot of fairways and scramble pretty well....more GIR = more birdie putts = more easy putts for par = better scores.

This is it for me.

Dan

Three putts and total score

Back