Drinking while playing

It's occasional for me. I usually play as a single and walk, so wouldn't drink then, as I don't like to carry extra stuff with me. But if I'm on vacation and/or golfing with friends, I usually have a few. I don't see much of an effect on my game, some times it helps, some times not.

Generally, no, because I don't like drinking before noon. On occasion, when playing with family, and it being an afternoon tee time, we'll grab one at the turn, and maybe another on the back 9 if it's going really slow.

One of my worst rounds last year we started drinking on 7 and it down the tubes completely. I should have known better than to play with this one guy....

I'm 50/50. Either I have a six pack or none at all

I'm in college and my buddies all drink heavily when they play but I am too hard on myself and my game goes to crap once I have too many. I'll have 2 or 3 beers throughout the round.

I may RARELY have a beer but only when were either playing in an outing we've for sure locked up or just a casual round. Other than that I really don't like to drink on a course. And I catch a lot of flack for it

Tapa Slice

Not really a drinker on the course. Very occasionally might have a beer or bloody mary, but never more than 1 per nine. Save my drinking for the 19th hole, where I'm a low handicapper!

Still rarely. I think the only two or three times I drank on the course last year was in the company of THP'rs.

And we had a blast doing so!

That was fun, but GG sandbagged me and I ended up drinking the whole 6 pack I bought.

I will usually save my drinking till the 19th hole. On occasion I my have a cocktail during a round but very rare.

Water and an energy drink

What do you guys think? I like to have a few or 6 while playing. Shot a 41 on the front and 49 on the back. I seem to be inconsistent either way. I would rather go low and drink at the 19th, just not sure its my problem. What are your thoughts? Drink and enjoy or grind it out. At least when I drink I have an excuse!:beer:
A very occasional drink on the course, unless it's like an event and you're playing a scramble!

It certainly makes me play worse. The 19th hole is an entirely different story.

The more I drink, the less I care about where the ball goes. Therefore, I don't drink at all when I play.

Up until a month or so ago, I always carried a couple beers for myself and my partner in the clicgear cooler, but I tried treating playing golf more like I would another workout and fueling as such and it's been working really well for me. Instead of beer, I'm putting a little bit of Cytomax in my bottle, eating some almonds, Clif bar and maybe even a gel while walking 18. I've noticed that I play better, stay more focused and don't feel nearly as wiped out at the end of the round. Now, if I'm riding in a cart and playing at my brother's club or in a scramble, yeah, I'm gonna party! My regular partner has not stopped having a beer per side even though I did and I have no problem with it. I even carry them for him on the clicgear.

I am much more likely to drink during the round if a) I'm playing terrible or b) the drink/snack cart lady finds me after a bad shot

And we had a blast doing so!

Freaking IOWA

That was fun, but GG sandbagged me and I ended up drinking the whole 6 pack I bought.

Don't go blaming GG... You and your darn hawkprance are to blame

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That she did... what a sandbagger

I usually only drink gatorade unless I am in a scramble. In the scrambles I play the beer is usually free so I tend to keep it flowing.

I noticed that scense I have been regularly beating my normal group they have stopped drinking as much if any and they still get it handed to them. The first 2 or 3 don't seem to detract from my game but after that there is a noticeable difference in how I approach my shot. I am going to lay off the beer and try and break into the lower 80's this year more consistently, I hope.

I'll bring a bottle of water & keep it full every chance I get. I found of the water bottle sized powder packs that I keep in my bag & go through a couple in a round. I keep my water bottle full. I did like the Golfade or whatever it was in the pro shop at Tangle Ridge.
I have a tendency to drink beer until they're gone but only a couple gives me a splitting headache & that's no fun for me or anyone who has to play with me.

I don't drink much period but dehydration is serious if no water is being consumed as well. A couple of beers in 18 holes is no big deal.

I would much rather focus on golf. But I will drink one if the person I'm riding with offers one to me, can't be rude haha. I will never have more than 4 on the course.

I cant do it. Especially on a hot day. a beer or 2 will put me to sleep so I just stay away from alcohol when I am playing. If the game is going especially bad though, I will usually ask the beer cart girl if she has any heroin. :act-up:

I don't drink at all while playing golf. I suffer from headaches and migraines and if I am dehydrated, which drinking does to me, it only makes them worse. I'm not saying I haven't show up to a tee box a few times a bit hungover, but as far as on the course, negative. I have a hard enough time as it is.

I play with an ex nfl QB and his buddy from college who was a 2nd team big 10 linebacker, those dudes are both natural athletes, they will drink a beer a hole at least and shoot legit 78-80s as well bet 100/ hole. crazy bastards all i can do is shake my head at them

I'll have some "swing lube" from time to time. Fun round with my brother or a few other buddies then I'll down up to a sixer and have a blast doing so. Anything semi-competitive and I stick to the water and sports drink.

Now, the annual MB trip each year is a different story. Heck, the final round you subtract a stroke for every beer and two for every mixed drink.

Back