Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

RT @TheMatthewKeys: Hospital official: Ages of those being treated following Boston bom blasts from 3 to 62 years old.

They're just terrorists in a non violent form. The anger they provoke is so disgusting.
There non violent now. Who knows what they will do of they get someone in charge that a more quack job than they got now..

They're just terrorists in a non violent form. The anger they provoke is so disgusting.

Agreed. I love the guy who travels around and finds them and stands next to their protesters with his own sign that says " eff this guy'' haha look it up. I'd post here but not appropriate.

I thought I was heartbroken .. then I read the thing about the 8 year old running for Newtown. Damn.

I thought I was heartbroken .. then I read the thing about the 8 year old running for Newtown. Damn.

unreal. no words.

Agreed. I love the guy who travels around and finds them and stands next to their protesters with his own sign that says " eff this guy'' haha look it up. I'd post here but not appropriate.

Sorry I didn't check in with you earlier today via text. Glad to hear that everyone you know is well.

I just saw someone on my Facebook timeline post on a mutual friend's timeline, that mutual friend was supposed to run today. Our mutual friend hasn't posted on FB with an update since the race started. I'm really hoping he's OK.

Sorry I didn't check in with you earlier today via text. Glad to hear that everyone you know is well.

I just saw someone on my Facebook timeline post on a mutual friend's timeline, that mutual friend was supposed to run today. Our mutual friend hasn't posted on FB with an update since the race started. I'm really hoping he's OK.

You too bro. I saw that you were on the golf course and didn't want to blow up your feed as I figured it was bananas. Thanks bud. Hoping you hear from your friend soon.

Holy crap is right..

check their status on the baa.org site. the ones in the most trouble were finishing/expected to finish in the 4:08-4:15 (race time, not actual time) time frame

check their status on the baa.org site. the ones in the most trouble were finishing/expected to finish in the 4:08-4:15 (race time, not actual time) time frame

Already did that, he didn't have any times listed for any of the checkpoints. Would be weird if he didn't run at all today.

wow, I can't believe 7 total!!!!!

Hope your friend is OK Ary!

Dan

Local news is reporting death toll is at 3.

My wife and sons were heading from the sox game today to the starting line when they were wondering why everyone was running. They were 2 blocks away and ended up getting stuck for a good while getting out of town. At least they are all ok! Just hug your family a little extra tonight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

My wife and sons were heading from the sox game today to the starting line when they were wondering why everyone was running. They were 2 blocks away and ended up getting stuck for a good while getting out of town. At least they are all ok! Just hug your family a little extra tonight.

So happy that they didn't being there.

I was on my way home from the course when I heard about what happened on the radio. My fiancé works right around the corner from the finish line. Luckily she chose to work from home today. I don't think i've never been happier to see her when I walked through the door. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were affected, their families, and the first responders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching the general surgeon on CNN..wow..god bless those people in that hospital. I can only imagine the horror that they've seen cross those doors today all-the-while going about their job.

Having lived on Boston for over 10 years, my heart is broken tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Boston.

A good friend of mine was down at the race with his son. They were about 1/4 mile from both explosions and saw both of them. I am glad they are safe but I can't even imagine to conversations he will have to have with his son.

Glad they weren't in the fray, though I'm sure a little uneased. Scary how random these things are.

The worst part for me was not being there to help my wife get out. I am in a hotel in TX and had trouble getting her on the phone. Scary feeling in my gut the whole time. FYI. Text messages seem to work even when calls don't go through.

My kids were happy to be home. Not as happy as I was to hear they are OK.

I hate that all this is going on. I enjoyed this little pick me up and thought I would share it with y'all. Maybe not from a person you would expect it from. Maybe so. But give it a read. I enjoyed it.

Boston. F****** horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem -- one human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.
But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in a while, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.
But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evildoers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

From actor Patton Oswalt. Good people are out there and days like today make us question a lot of things.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/patton-oswalt/patton-oswalt_b_3088337.html

Back