Which Blade Irons to Pick....Advice Please....

I would get Wishon 575's. There is a milled and bead blasted area in the back but I don't consider that a 'cavity'.

575mmc_8-PW.JPG

LOTS of great looking irons for sure. Those new COBRA irons are just gorgeous. I think they are one of the best looking irons to come out in a LONG time.

What I am thinking about now is that since I already have a Mizuno MP-33 6 iron, maybe I can just pick up a 7,8,9 and maybe a 5. That's all I would need really because I would most likely stay with the wedges I would have with my main set of irons. I don't know how hard it would be to find those irons individually though. Might be kinda tough. Maybe I can find someone that has a decent set that wouldn't mind working with me on them. Who knows though.
I also wouldn't mind having a set of Bridgestone J36. Boy those are some great looking irons too.

If you were picking a VINTAGE set of irons, what would you pick then?

Keep the pics and suggestions coming fellas.....and gals if there are any participating.

Thanks all

Nalajr

LOTS of great looking irons for sure. Those new COBRA irons are just gorgeous. I think they are one of the best looking irons to come out in a LONG time.

What I am thinking about now is that since I already have a Mizuno MP-33 6 iron, maybe I can just pick up a 7,8,9 and maybe a 5. That's all I would need really because I would most likely stay with the wedges I would have with my main set of irons. I don't know how hard it would be to find those irons individually though. Might be kinda tough. Maybe I can find someone that has a decent set that wouldn't mind working with me on them. Who knows though.
I also wouldn't mind having a set of Bridgestone J36. Boy those are some great looking irons too.

If you were picking a VINTAGE set of irons, what would you pick then?

Keep the pics and suggestions coming fellas.....and gals if there are any participating.

Thanks all

Nalajr

Depends on what you mean by "vintage". I would consider Wilson Staff, Wilson Staff Fluid Feel (drill thru hozel), Hogen Apex, Golden Ram Tour Grind or the old Tommy Armour blades (can't remember the model).

I bought a set of Hogan Radials for $15 and love them. I just mess around with them, but they're fun to hit. I've heard a lot of good things about Adams A4, which you can get pretty cheap as well.

I love the looks of MB's and hope that one day my game is good enough to warrant putting them in my bag.

W/S probably has something to say about that.

THPing on Tapatalk

You know after you said that I went on their site;

Wilson-Staff-Fg62-Forged-Iron-Set_1_4.jpg

My god those are nice.
I've never seen any for sale in england.
I think they might even be better looking than my Titleists.... :disapointed:

So would nike. So would Callaway. So would mizuno. So would taylormade. So would Cleveland. So would scratch. So would...... Anyone else?

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

I don't really consider Callaway, Nike or Taylormade to be traditional blade makers.
Mizuno, Titleist, Hogan and Cleveland always spring into my mind but I guess that's just from what I've seen growing up.

I can't imagine what they'd cost, and most of that cost would be a premium for the look and limited edition not the play, but aren't they beautiful:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367260987.612873.jpg

Adams MB2s look and feel amazing

I'm still playing my ZM's. Great feel and still look great. Titleist makes a great blade iron. I really like the look of the MP 69. Gonna hit them soon. Keep the Miuras. I'm not paying that much for clubs and I bet the Titleist and Mizuno feel just as good.

You can probably pick up a set of these for cheap.

Mcgregor VIP V-Foil
su6u6ame.jpg

Or these KZG's

u8uga7y6.jpg

Another obvious choice would be any Titleist, Mizuno or Cleveland blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back