The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the perfect day in CT - it's about 70*, the sky is bright blue and there is a nice breeze. I think it's the last day I'm going to get away with wearing white jeans though. I know the rules have changed, but it's still after Labor Day.

Gold is over $1k/oz and silver is nearing $17/oz. Maybe I will be able to retire soon.:D

I finally found honey crisp apples in the grocery store. They really ARE yummy. As a bonus, Boo Girl, who hates breakfast, likes them so much she'll eat them in the morning.

I finally found honey crisp apples in the grocery store. They really ARE yummy. As a bonus, Boo Girl, who hates breakfast, likes them so much she'll eat them in the morning.

I am so jealous, they are not out in the stores here yet. I got some Fuji apples, and normally I like them, but these just weren't that great.

I have been eating them for a couple of weeks now. Yummy! :bananadance:

Woohoo! Two more hours and it's a three-day weekend for my wife and I. Celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary with a weekend trip to an ocean-front beach house at the Oregon Coast. We'll meet up with some friends and live on the edge, playing oldies on the CD player, imbibing a bit, and playing Mexican Train until midnight!

Woohoo! Two more hours and it's a three-day weekend for my wife and I. Celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary with a weekend trip to an ocean-front beach house at the Oregon Coast. We'll meet up with some friends and live on the edge, playing oldies on the CD player, imbibing a bit, and playing Mexican Train until midnight!

Happy Anniversary!

The Honeycrisp apples are finally in the stores here. I bought organic ones for $3.99/lb and conventional ones for $2.99/lb to see if there is any difference between them.

We had a girls' day out--Boo Girl and her best friend with me and BF's mom (also a friend). The other mom told my she loves having Boo over, because she's always so polite and well-mannered. Moms love to hear that about their kids.

We had a girls' day out--Boo Girl and her best friend with me and BF's mom (also a friend). The other mom told my she loves having Boo over, because she's always so polite and well-mannered. Moms love to hear that about their kids.

I raised 4 and when we took them out to eat in a nice restaurant, it was amazing how many people would come by (particularly older people) to pat my wife on the shoulder and comment on how well behaved they were. My wife would always tell them, "You see that guy down there, well he demands it from them." Always felt good.

Congratulations on raising a real human being. It is getting rare.

It wasn't worth paying the extra $1 per pound for the organic apples although they were bigger and looked prettier. The flavor was similar to the conventional apples. I think it was because I got both at Whole Foods. I've gotten Honeycrisp apples at the regular grocery store that weren't as good.

I bought some at the farmers' market today, but have yet to try them.

They'd better be good: $5 for five enormous apples.

As I was dropping The Kid off at school this morning, he spontaneously said, "I love you Mom" on his way out of the car. :love: He keeps trying for that cool guy attitude, but the veneer is pretty thin.

I just bought Frye boots and they were on sale - they never go on sale. I haven't had Frye boots since I was a teenager. I am so excited.

Went to a charity golf outing at Roxiticus and bid for and won 3somes at Baltusrol and Liberty National.:clapp: Can't wait to see the Statue of Liberty's butt.

Went to a charity golf outing at Roxiticus and bid for and won 3somes at Baltusrol and Liberty National.:clapp: Can't wait to see the Statue of Liberty's butt.

Congrats! Heck, Roxiticus is a fabulous course. Only played it once, but I loved it.

Can't wait to see the Statue of Liberty's butt.

Dude, she's French. No pantie lines.
icon14.gif

My wife is giving me a facial. My first one. I told her to be gentle that I was a virgin. Actually, it feels pretty good. I told her if she was going to make my wrinkles disappear, she would need spackling compound and a trowel.

After 2 years, I got a phone call yesterday that they matched the prints from the guy who broke into my house to a guy in custody. They gave me the guys full name and with the magic of google I found out his parents live in the neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back