Shaving (A Thread for Men AND Women.)

I shave as infrequently as possible because its really annoying. I basically let it grow until the scale tips over to the hair being more annoying than the shaving process. Probably every 5 or 6 days.

I have to shave twice a week but usually only do it once. I look bad with stuble because my facial hair doesnt connect and if I wait a couple of weeks it looks like I have pubic hair on my face.
THP sent me a nice care package of creams and lotions that I used and they worked well. But Gasmam buys me the stuff from the mall so I use that. She actually bought me a brush made out of badger hair and a razor that vibrates with a light on it.

Hell yeah Bogey! +1000 on that. Although unlike you, I need to shave everyday. I have really dark, coarse facial hair and can't go in between shavings without touching up. Unless I'm going somewhere in public, no shaving for me on weekends

I should probably shave every day or every other day but I just hate to do it. If I shave on Monday by Tuesday morning it's grown back enough to be semi painful when I wash my face.

I just learned a lot more about you two than I ever wanted to know.

And what would that be?

My wife had the cajones yesterday in front of her sister to remind me I had gone 3 days without shaving. Without missing a beat I asked her when the last time she shaved her legs. A hushed silence swept over the room and that was the end of that.

And sleeping in the back seat of the car turned out to be a lot more comfortable than you ever thought it would be, right?

-JP

If I could never shave my face again that would be the greatest gift I could ever receive.

+1 I hate shaving with a passion. I also don't like the feeling of not shaving for a few days (kinda itchy), but I hate shaving more so I deal with stubble on days I don't work.

And sleeping in the back seat of the car turned out to be a lot more comfortable than you ever thought it would be, right?

-JP

LOL!! Her sister lives immediately behind us. We walked over but I can assure you that the walk home was a lot quieter than the walk over!! :D And I DID sleep on the couch that night but it was because I fell asleep out there. (Did he buy that?)

I can get away with shaving twice a week, if I don't have any fancy meetings for work.

The shower is my one-stop-shop when it comes to personal preparation: I cut my hair before turing on the water (I sport a buzz cut, trim it every Sunday evening, it's not rocket surgery), shave, brush teeth, bathe, and can do some laundry if needed :D

I have troubles enough finding myself attractive with the hair I have, I DO NOT want anything to do with a cro-magnon woman.

Not getting much of a feminine response here which is surprising considering that women probably shave more often than men.

I can only conclude that women look forward to shaving and that men are just whiners.

Okay, just a slight threadjack here.

I've always wondered how guys maintain a perpetual three day growth, like Yasir Arafat used to have. It never got longer or shorter; it was just that stubble. How do you do it?

Okay, just a slight threadjack here.

I've always wondered how guys maintain a perpetual three day growth, like Yasir Arafat used to have. It never got longer or shorter; it was just that stubble. How do you do it?

Facial hair implants?

With a beard trimmer, and a given guard (just like hair clippers)

remington-mb350-beard-trimmer.jpg

I will go a week sometimes between shaving, doesn't bother me getting scruffy if i'm just going to work. I use a rechargeable Braun shaver, works fine.

Of all the men you see on TV with a 3 day growth - many of whom actually look good and Claire only remembers Arafat.

Johneli: Did you expect anyone to respond that they liked shaving? :confused2:

I don't care for it, but do it 6, 7 times a week. I skip it on the weekends once in a while.

I hate shaving and yes, I use one of those expensive razors. I use the Gillette Fusion Power (the one that vibrates).
I only shave about once a week, any more than that and it hurts too much when I shave.
My girlfriend recently told me that she finds my scruffy beard to be a huge turn-on, so it looks like I might be able to get away with not shaving much or at all anymore.

I shave every morning no matter what is on the schedule for that day. I can't stand the feeling of stubble. Besides which, you never know when you are gonna get lucky and even though women like to look at a guy with a three day beard, I don't think they want to kiss them.

Unless he's got something to cover, I much prefer a cleanshaven man. Beard burn hurts.

On the flip side, the feeling of a bedsheet against a newly shaven leg is about as sensual as it gets.

I shave every AM, need it or not. Can't take the scruffy look and Liz can't either. Some how I feel less than professional, lol. Edge gel and gillette 5 blade that vibrates.

I have too, full beard in two weeks if I dont. Trim time in 5 weeks, lol.

I've seen women shave their legs, mostly on TV, and it may be the sexiest part of the female bathroom rituals.

Kevin

I shave every day before work. I usually let it grow on the weekends if I'm not doing anything special. My wife doesn't seem to mind. I will echo that I shave if I anticipate putting on sunscreen because I hate putting it on with stubble.

This is too funny while watching "Big Bang Theory", they have been in the Arctic, lol.

Back