My first Demo Day experience

superhawk

Reaction score
Handicap
me
Went to my first demo day yesterday and had a great time despite the heavy wind. Got to hit a lot of clubs and here's what I liked. Sadly, I was not able to try any Tour Edge clubs. A real bummer.

Drivers
1) Taylormade R1
2) Ping G25
3) Cobra AMP Cell Pro

Fairway
1) Cobra AMP Cell
2) Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour
3) Callaway X Hot

Hybrids
1) Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour Rescue
2) Ping G25
3) Cobra AMP Cell

Irons
1) Mizuno JPX-825
2) Titleist AP1 712
3) Adams Idea Tech V4 Forged

A big surprise...I've never been a real fan of Fairway woods, but the length of the new woods is amazing. I can see going out with these and leaving the driver at home. I didn't slice any woods and the ball flight is lower which is great in the Texas wind.

Nice. What was your favorite(s)?

Is the 1,2,3 in order of favorites?

Is the 1,2,3 in order of favorites?

Yes, that's correct.

I REALLY......REALLY.....wanted to try some Tour Edge stuff. But had a good time and learned a lot.

Sounds like you had a good time, did you buy anything?

Sounds like you had a good time, did you buy anything?

NO. LOL. Of course I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. Ha. I went with the thought of what I would like to have in the near future. I want to update most, if not all, of my clubs. But I always like to wait about six months or so before buying anything. The prices will come down..sometimes by 50%.

NO. LOL. Of course I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. Ha. I went with the thought of what I would like to have in the near future. I want to update most, if not all, of my clubs. But I always like to wait about six months or so before buying anything. The prices will come down..sometimes by 50%.

Spoken like a true Deal of the Day fan. :thumb:

Did you by chance try the Titleist AP-2's?

Did you by chance try the Titleist AP-2's?

No I didn't. I had specific clubs I wanted to try and there were quite a few people there. Honestly I didn't set out to try any Titleist clubs. I didn't try Titleist or Mizuno drivers, FW, or hybrids. I can go back later and try those out if I want to. I was there maybe an hour and a half.

Now that I think about it...I didn't try any Bridgestone clubs either. And I didn't try any Callaway drivers...I have one and have never really bonded with it.

Glad you were able to get out there and hit a bunch of clubs. Love seeing Cobra high on your list.

Nice, I hit a demo day yesterday too. It's a lot of fun to hit a bunch of the newest stuff.

glad you had a good time. sounded like fun. If i may suggest with due respect, please dont limit yourself to checking out only what you think you may like. Pick up antyhting you can even if your just in stores checking out and swinging stuff and you just may find an unexpected brand that feels better to you then the rest even though you never gave them a thought. Thats exactly how i ended up with my latest set of woods and irons which are two different makes. Just some thoughts and glad you had fun.

glad you had a good time. sounded like fun. If i may suggest with due respect, please dont limit yourself to checking out only what you think you may like. Pick up antyhting you can even if your just in stores checking out and swinging stuff and you just may find an unexpected brand that feels better to you then the rest even though you never gave them a thought. Thats exactly how i ended up with my latest set of woods and irons which are two different makes. Just some thoughts and glad you had fun.

I agree and I did. Well, as much as I could anyway in the time I had. I wanted to try more but couldn't.

I think you will really like Mizuno irons. I've gone thru Titleist, Ping, and a few other top brands and really like the one I have now. If I had to change I would look at Pings next.

Good luck.

but the key is to get fitted!

I think you will really like Mizuno irons. I've gone thru Titleist, Ping, and a few other top brands and really like the one I have now. If I had to change I would look at Pings next.

Good luck.

but the key is to get fitted!

I wanted to try the PING i20's but was not able to. I have, and have been using, very wide sole irons and I want to move away from that and start working on shaping shots with irons. My irons (overseas knockoffs) are excellent for straight and high shots....which is great most of the time. But I've improved and want to move to other irons.

I was very impressed with the Mizunos and Titleist.

I wanted to try the PING i20's but was not able to. I have, and have been using, very wide sole irons and I want to move away from that and start working on shaping shots with irons. My irons (overseas knockoffs) are excellent for straight and high shots....which is great most of the time. But I've improved and want to move to other irons.

I was very impressed with the Mizunos and Titleist.
if you liked the AP1's I would imagine you would also like the AP2's. they are slightly smaller, slightly less forgiving more of a players iron and forged. They have been my step away from the super game improvement irons. I went with them because they are fairly easy for me to hit and good enough for the likes of Stricker, Z Johnson, duffner and many more.

I always test irons by trying the 7i. If I can hit that really good and it feels good then it's a winner. The AP1's were NICE. I wasn't expecting that....not because of the clubs but because of me. I didn't think they would work with my low skill level. But I was able to make great swings and contact with them.

It showed me that I don't need the "super game improvement" clubs anymore. That made me happy. The work seems to be paying off. LOL. The fun level just went up a notch.

Back