TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Hey all,

Thanks for all the great reviews. I've been lurking for a whole on this thread and finally decided to pull the trigger. Went with 4-pw rocketbladez with kbs tour stiff shafts. Pretty excited. However the tore called meand told me my order was on back order due to the kbs shafts. Anyone else having this issue?

Welcome and enjoy your new clubs. No idea on the back orders, did they give you an estimated time?

Welcome, Boilers! Good to hear from another THPer from Central Illinois.

I hope the wait isn't too long for your new RocketBladez. When I ordered mine last week, the shop said it would take about 10 business days, but I stayed with the stock graphite shafts so I don't have any insight for you about the KBS shafts.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the great reviews. I've been lurking for a whole on this thread and finally decided to pull the trigger. Went with 4-pw rocketbladez with kbs tour stiff shafts. Pretty excited. However the tore called meand told me my order was on back order due to the kbs shafts. Anyone else having this issue?

I have a feeling these clubs are in pretty high demand. The store took about two weeks from the start of my "iron shopping experience" to get even the irons in for me to demo. I'm being patient though, as I don't want to rush the decision and have buyer's remorse every time I look down.

Yep illinimick, you're pretty close to me and your handle makes perfect sense. I'm over on the north side of decatur and you might be able to guess what Indiana school I went to...

Welcome Boilers! Good luck with the new irons. As a heads up, we're holding an Invitation not too far from you in July. Here's the details in case it's something you might be interested in >>>> http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...vitational-Series-Sponsored-By-Fairway-Styles

I put the 4 iron back in the bag today. That slot in the bag is sort of in flux right now (still), and some improved ball striking had me feeling like it might be worth another go. Ended up working fine for me. Used it off the tee once for an easy FIR and then off the tee on a par 3 for a GIR. Both times saw a high ball. The one into the green on the par three was about 6 feet from its pitchmark. Think I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Hawk, how u hitting the 5i and 6i? I'm struggling with anything below 7 and I'm guessing I'd ur busting out the 4i, the 5-6 are stupid easy too?

I guess I'd just say that I never have any reservations pulling either of them out of the bag. High balls with both and very forgiving for my miss. First hole I played today with zero warmup was 167 into the wind. I swung the 6 iron, low-toed it and ended up with a 30 foot putt short left of the pin. It was a pretty big miss, but I was putting.

What is your typical miss Hawk?

Low on the face or towards the toe. Or both.

I guess I'd just say that I never have any reservations pulling either of them out of the bag. High balls with both and very forgiving for my miss. First hole I played today with zero warmup was 167 into the wind. I swung the 6 iron, low-toed it and ended up with a 30 foot putt short left of the pin. It was a pretty big miss, but I was putting.

Should have know lol, I'm thinning less and less but theres still enough of them to cost me a few strokes here and there, enough to have me slow to pull those irons for shots...unfortunately

Should have know lol, I'm thinning less and less but theres still enough of them to cost me a few strokes here and there, enough to have me slow to pull those irons for shots...unfortunately

I didn't even carry a 5 iron last year and the 6 was sort of iffy at best. The ball height I see is ridiculous for me if you know where I was beforehand.

I have a feeling these clubs are in pretty high demand. The store took about two weeks from the start of my "iron shopping experience" to get even the irons in for me to demo. I'm being patient though, as I don't want to rush the decision and have buyer's remorse every time I look down.

Yep illinimick, you're pretty close to me and your handle makes perfect sense. I'm over on the north side of decatur and you might be able to guess what Indiana school I went to...

At least you didn't go to that stinky school in Bloomington!
We will have to try to get together for a round once our RocketBladez get in.

These are on the horizon, its inevitable

Good ponder deano.

Yesterday was not pretty at times, but I hit some shots that were either good or marginal and I got away with them. Broke my swing easy when it's breezy rule a few times and that cost me.

Yesterday was an off day with the Bladez, my iron play was definitely substandard for me. The day after, I am thinking about all the ways the clubs helped me, even if I wasn't seeing it yesterday. 7i from 170 that I hit on the bottom two grooves went straight as an arrow and landed about 5 feet short of the green...hooked 8i from 150 that held its line enough to be pin high and maybe five feet off the green....9i from 140 that held its line against a cross wind and ended up just in the rough, pin high...6i from 190 uphill to a pin tucked right that ended up about three feet short. I was marginally grumbling yesterday about constantly being just off the green and having more pressure on my short game than i would like. But upon reflection those were by and large favorable results for the swings I made; being just off the fringe instead of in real trouble was actually a good thing.

Looking back, that's sort of the way I'm seeing yesterday as well, t4k. Left the face a hair open on a 9 iron and was pin high about 10 feet off the green. Did the same with a 5 iron and found a greenside bunker, rather than the giant ravine full of fescue. I could go on, but you get the point.

I reality, I probably could have a avoided some of those misses with a little better aming and course management. Lots of sucker pins that I seemed to gravitate towards.

At least you didn't go to that stinky school in Bloomington!
We will have to try to get together for a round once our RocketBladez get in.

Exactly. I haven't made my way to any of the Champaign courses yet, but Decatur surprisingly has some nice public courses. I'm hoping to do a bit of course exploring this summer so I'd bet I make it to Champaign along with Bloomington and Springfield. That said my clubs still haven't shipped so I'm still in a holding pattern. At least I can still blame my current irons for my golf rounds.

I had the opportunity to play on Sat. AM at my home course. It rained overnight and in the morning so the course was a bit soggy, but it was nice to get out for a quick 9. I started out the round pulling the heck out of an 8i approach shot which landed on the road to the left of the course OB... The next shot I overcompensated a bit and landed well short and right of the flag, and in a casual water area... triple bogey on hole 1 = no bueno!

The 3rd hole is where things started heating up, I hit a 5i off the tee to the 205yd par 3 and left it just below the hole with a sporting chance for a birdie putt (I missed) but saved par. The par 5 5th I hit a bullett of a drive dead straight down the middle of the fairway. I couldn't reach the green in 2 so I layed up over the water with a well struck 7i and had a wedge in from there. I teed off the dogleg par-4 6th with my 4i which made that funny "click" that we love to hear from these things and it sailed out right to the corner, leaving me just a wedge into the green from there. The same thing happened on the par-4 9th, a great 4i off the tee and an AW into the green which hit, stopped, and rolled back down the ridge to 8ft left of the pin.

I really struck the irons well today and focused more on "swinging" and letting hte club do the work. Its amazing what the results are when I have a nice relaxed swing with these! I can't wait to get back out soon!

I went out and played 4 holes with a buddy, had one good hit with my rbladez.
Beautiful high ball flight straight but short, I just couldn't figure it out, till two hole later when I realized I hit my 9 iron not my 6 iron.

So it was overall a great shot.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I went out and played 4 holes with a buddy, had one good hit with my rbladez.
Beautiful high ball flight straight but short, I just couldn't figure it out, till two hole later when I realized I hit my 9 iron not my 6 iron.

So it was overall a great shot.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
That is funny.

Oh lawd have mercy..

I got some rocketbladez with some C-tapers for a birthday present. I was in love with my G15's with C-tapers but after two rounds we have a champion. These things want to go STRAIGHT especially with the C-tapers. I have noticed that the irons without the slot (8-AW) don't have the pop to them as the ones with the speed pocket (sacrificing some distance). Though, its not that big of a difference, and I would rather have distance control with my short irons, and I never had a flier yet with these short irons. Very pleased so far, can't wait to play more.

Oh, if anyone is looking for a good hybrid, I bagged a 15 and 19 degree Adams XTD and they are amazing. Switched out the Fubuki with a Purple Oban Kyoshi and I'm hitting rockets. The 15 degree hybrid is only 15 yards shorter than my rocketballz driver, and I can hit it outta the rough.

Oh lawd have mercy..

I got some rocketbladez with some C-tapers for a birthday present. I was in love with my G15's with C-tapers but after two rounds we have a champion. These things want to go STRAIGHT especially with the C-tapers. I have noticed that the irons without the slot (8-AW) don't have the pop to them as the ones with the speed pocket (sacrificing some distance). Though, its not that big of a difference, and I would rather have distance control with my short irons, and I never had a flier yet with these short irons. Very pleased so far, can't wait to play more.

Oh, if anyone is looking for a good hybrid, I bagged a 15 and 19 degree Adams XTD and they are amazing. Switched out the Fubuki with a Purple Oban Kyoshi and I'm hitting rockets. The 15 degree hybrid is only 15 yards shorter than my rocketballz driver, and I can hit it outta the rough.

Heck of a bday present, glad you have found a winner with that head/shaft combo!

Oh lawd have mercy..

Congrats on the present! The fun is just beginning, these have continued to impress me (and other testers) even after the testing has concluded! Check back in with your thoughts...

Oh lawd have mercy..

Congrats and the great birthday present! I'm glad to keep hearing good things about the RBladez because...

They're here!
2013-04-24201422.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back