Membership Fees and Green fees

In the DC metro area I usually play all public courses in Fairfax County, VA which has quite a variety of courses to choose from which is great. I can pay any where from 15 bucks to 50 bucks ( on the weekend with a cart). I will probably never join a private club because I just don't have the money at this stage in my life and career to justify that but hopefully a little later in life. I also enjoy playing different courses and switching things up when I can.

On another note I also use the Mid-Atlantic Tee Time Golf Pass which has great deals for tons of courses near me. I believe they have passes for many sections of the country. Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.teetimegolfpass.com/mid-atlantic/index.php

Most public courses in the Salt Lake City metro area are around $30 to walk, $40 to ride for 18 holes on weekend mornings (half that for 9 holes). The most expensive public in the area is a 7700yd Johnny Miller design called Thanksgiving Point that tops out at around $80 w/ cart, but there are always deals to be had where you can get it for less than $50. The best public course in the entire state, Sand Hollow Resort about 4 hours south in the St. George area, tops out at about $125, for some of the most spectacular golf you will ever play; however deals for $70 or less can be had here as well.

I'm not sure about private club initiation fees here, but I do know that Hidden Valley C.C., where the Utah Championship on the Web.com Tour is held, has monthly dues of $430 with an $800 annual food/beverage requirement. I am not looking at becoming a private club member until I am settled down somewhere - my job is moving me around pretty regularly (moving to WA in just over 2 months).

I don't pay anything on the courses in the group of courses that we play most often since they are all owned by the same person and my wife works for him.

I pay $150/month (plus tax) year round for my home course. Since I walk, I don't have any cart fees.

The course I work at is 6800 yards, really good shape and 2 years old..$19 during the week, and $27 weekends to walk. $12 for a cart if you are so inclined. $925 for a season pass. Another one I frequent is 7000 yards, pretty nice and is $27 to walk during the week, $35 for weekends. These are fairly typical around here. We have a LOT of courses in our area.

County courses in Ocean County, NJ cost around $32 to ride, for Seniors. Some local courses are a bit more, higher-end public courses are around $85-$100 during the week. I usually stay in the <$50 range.

For the weekend here most public courses are $40-$60 (you can easily find more expensive though) and many don't let you walk. There are a small handful that are cheeper $27-$35, they are not total goat tracks (side note: I actually saw a goat off the third tee last week...that's a first) but the qualitly is a lot different.

$90/Month Golf + $25/Month Dining Credit + $26.25/Month Cart= $141.25/Month All you can golf

I don't pay anything on the courses in the group of courses that we play most often since they are all owned by the same person and my wife works for him.

Rub it in smalls :p

I live in Orange County, and usually pay about $70-$100 round to play on the weekends at the nicer courses around here. A bit less if I can get out during the week for a twilight round, and a bit more (actually, quite a bit more) if I want to play something really nice like Pelican.

Most courses near me start at $60-70 but are tiered as the day goes on. After 4pm, I can get a $30-$40 rate, but it can be annoying to race the setting sun down the 18th fairway.

I did find a local, shorter course that had a weekend membership for $875. Par 68, 5100 yards, but it is 10 minutes away so I can get my golf fix satisfied, use their range and decent short game area with bunker, too. Plus, though lacking in length, it has plenty of hazzards to warrant accurate shots. It should be good to keep my game in shape. Most memberships near me are around $3000-$3500 for full memberships. Way too steep for the number of times I can get out.

We are moving into the warmer season, so I expect to pay about $20.00-$25.00 for a low-mid tier course and $50.00-$60.00 for high end courses.

Almost all of the courses within 50 miles of me are 9-hole courses. They range from $5.00 to $22.00 walking. The riding fee is where they get you. Most charge the same as the green fee to ride, meaning that a $22.00 walking fee would be a $44.00 riding fee. Makes walking all the more attractive. $44.00 for 9 holes at a sub-par (pun) golf course! And people wonder why the game isn't growing faster...

I live in Orange County, and usually pay about $70-$100 round to play on the weekends at the nicer courses around here. A bit less if I can get out during the week for a twilight round, and a bit more (actually, quite a bit more) if I want to play something really nice like Pelican.

Opposite coasts, but about the same. Cheaper if I'm willing to drive farther or play a not-so-nice local track, but that's pretty on the money for weekend golf in the summer.

My home course is $1189 a year for me and the wife with a cart. Price has been this for 12 straight years. It is good to live in rural Indiana.

$800 for a season pass $12 for a cart, all the tepid water you can drink

Just joined our local country club, it's 2 miles from home. Has pool, tennis, restaurant, bar, etc. Unlimited single golf (me) and family access to everything else. $690/mo in addition to $150 every two months for food and drink. Cart is $25.

Now if I could just learn how to golf I'd be all set!

WOW - I cannot get over how cheap some of the private course fees are! Living in the Northeast, I pay at least $45 to walk for 18 and have paid upwards of $100+ for a higher-end course....

As for private memberships, most have a waiting list and once you get called up, you typically have to buy a Bond which can cost from $15K-$40K and then you have to pay for food, booze, and you have yearly dues/minimums which must be met....

£500/year for a full 7 day unlimited golf + £12/year for a locker. Everyone in my group always walk so I don't even know how much the carts are...

We then pay to enter each competition @ £2.50...

We can then sign 3 none members in at a discounted price per green fee..

Just about to renew my annual membership, and the cost is £933.

Included is the following,

3 Rivers - 18 Hole kings course (7 days membership)
3 Rivers - 18 hole jubilee course (7 days membership)
3 Rivers - Gym membership

Stock Brook Manor - 9 hole Stock Course (5 day membership)
Stock Brook Manor - 9 hole Brook course (5 day membership)
Stock Brook Manor - 9 hole Manor course (5 day membership)

Pretty reasonable deal all Niall considering both 3 Rivers and Stock Brook Manor are great courses.

Thanks guys for joining in. Wow there is some big prices for the private courses. There are no private courses around where I live even though there is about 20 courses around the province. There is also a lot of reasonable priced courses by you guys to.

$860/year for the 9-holes course 7-day access, which offers reduced green fees for the championship course ($45 instead of $85)
$2100/year for the championship course 7-day access...
tournament fees are $6.5
parking fee (one time lifetime access): $13.5
$65 for a locker...

Both include unlimited access to driving range et all.
Both require you to pay an additional $65/year for a handicap registration with the national golf federation.

I pay £960 a year for unlimited membership and the chance to organise 'reciprocals' at 30/40 other private courses. Competition fees are a few pounds on top. Carts, dunno. Members guests pay about £25 I think, more at weekends.

Green fees and membership costs ?

Green fees and membership costs ?

Here in New Zealand we're lucky in that the vast majority of courses don't charge massive membership fees. As well as that, once you've paid your yearly subs you're entitles to play as much golf as you like and don't pay green fees. For an example, I'm a member at Methven Golf Club and I pay nz$400 a year, and only $5 to enter a Saturday competition. I know some countries you have to pay joining fees, membership fees and green fees. So my question is, how does it work where you live?

Council scheme, unlimited access to 6 courses, £400/year.
Membership of affiliated club to participate in medals, get h'cap etc - £96/year
No joining fees.

There are more expensive options (in some cases, v expensive), some places have a fee to be on the waiting list.

Back