Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote from Durant sounds a lot like some of the guys who played in Jordan's era. LeBron has figured it out now and he's going to be tough to stop.

I'm not sure if that KD quote is supposed to be inspiring, but I do not see much positivity in it. One does not simply become number 1.

I'm hoping the Pistons sign Nate McMillan.

The Birdman is awesome.

Why is the NBA showing replays of Game 1 for both these series? Seriously, both games going on right now are playing out exactly like Game 1. Still time for Boston to change the script but right now these games are both replays of Game 1's.

Boston really has a tough time scoring for 48 minutes. I thought the Knicks were going to win in 5 but watching these first 2 games it wouldn't surprise me if they sweep the Celtics. I'd like to see the Celts make a run in this game but I just don't see it happening.

Boston really has a tough time scoring for 48 minutes. I thought the Knicks were going to win in 5 but watching these first 2 games it wouldn't surprise me if they sweep the Celtics. I'd like to see the Celts make a run in this game but I just don't see it happening.

The C's are just too old and tired to compete in the playoffs. They don't have the horses at this point in the season to beat the Knicks.

The C's are just too old and tired to compete in the playoffs. They don't have the horses at this point in the season to beat the Knicks.

I'm a huge Celtics fan, but it is painful to watch their offense right now.

I've heard rumblings up here that KG and Pierce will retire at the same time. After this year, Pierce has 1 year left on his contract and KG has 2, but some people think that both of them are done after this season.

I'm a huge Celtics fan, but it is painful to watch their offense right now.

I've heard rumblings up here that KG and Pierce will retire at the same time. After this year, Pierce has 1 year left on his contract and KG has 2, but some people think that both of them are done after this season.

For the last couple years we kept hearing that they were going to break up this group but they kept coming back. This may be the offseason these guys decide to end the run. They just can't compete with the better teams.

Heat/Knicks would be a fun series. The way the Knicks are playing..I think they'd make the Heat sweat.

Ugh. Rockets starting off with small ball. We'll see how it goes, but it can't get much worse than game 1 (hopefully)

I think the Heat are the first team I've ever seen toy with another team in the playoffs. It's crazy how they do this and win so easily. I've seen plenty of teams over the years dominate their opponent in a quick sweep but none have ever toyed with a team like the Heat are doing with the Bucks. They're on total cruise control, experimenting with lineups, trying new things out. They're going to have to turn it on at some point but it's very interesting to watch this happen in a playoff series.

Lin out with an injury. I know the exact play it happened on, right towards the end of the half on a loose ball. Saw it coming the whole time and was hoping Lin or the Thunder play (don't know who it was) wouldn't get hurt.

I think the Heat are the first team I've ever seen toy with another team in the playoffs. It's crazy how they do this and win so easily. I've seen plenty of teams over the years dominate their opponent in a quick sweep but none have ever toyed with a team like the Heat are doing with the Bucks. They're on total cruise control, experimenting with lineups, trying new things out. They're going to have to turn it on at some point but it's very interesting to watch this happen in a playoff series.

I think it's awesome. It makes them the most fun team to watch by far IMO.

I think it's awesome. It makes them the most fun team to watch by far IMO.

I really enjoy it also. They got all these talented guys yet they play so well together as a team. Incredible to watch.

Rockets come up just short. Pretty amazing they were even in this game considering they shot 39.6% from the field and 28.6% from 3. Poor job there at the end of the game taking so much time off the clock before getting a shot off.

The way OKC was hucking up bricks for most of the second half it was a prime game for the Rockets to steal but their lack of time outs at the end didn't help.

Edit; three point bricks

Should've been an intentional foul on Bonner. I hate that. Garbage.

Birdman's presence has been the difference in the 4th. I never thought he'd give this team a boost. Its like they instantly go up by 15-20pts while he's on the floor. I wanna say the Heat are around 40-6 since they signed him. Crazy.

Bucks played pretty much a perfect quarter, lead by 9 after 1. They missed 1 shot in the last 8:57 of the quarter and held Miami to 21. Don't think they can keep this up but it wouldn't surprise me if this game is close and the Bucks even steal this one. Miami will win the series but this is the game the Bucks may get.

Bucks played pretty much a perfect quarter, lead by 9 after 1. They missed 1 shot in the last 8:57 of the quarter and held Miami to 21. Don't think they can keep this up but it wouldn't surprise me if this game is close and the Bucks even steal this one. Miami will win the series but this is the game the Bucks may get.

Agreed. I think the Bucks will steal one here or there before the Heat move on.

Bucks lead by 2 at the half but feels like it should be more. They played about as good as they could and Miami wasn't sharp at all. Shows the gap between these 2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back