Where does your home course rank on top 100 golf courses

Smudger

Reaction score
Handicap
Spent some time this afternoon checking out www.top100golfcourses.co.uk lining up which new courses I would play in the coming months and was intrigued to read the ranking of some courses. Where does your home course rank?

Should be interesting. I wonder how many of us can call a "top 100" course home? My home course might make top 100 public course in the State, but that's about it.

Can't call them my home course but I have played 3 on the California list.

Mine ranks 8,374th on the list.

My home course, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder how many courses there are in the US? Mine would not make any top lists but a good little 9 hole course for such a small town. Our supt. takes his job serious and have awesome greens and tee boxes. Just not alot of funds to work with. Low cost membership and close to home though.

Below are some accolades that my home course enjoys. I absolutly love playing it and it has an incredible practice facilty.

Mobile, Alabama • 36 Championship Holes • 18 Hole Short Course
The property at Magnolia Grove in Mobile includes creeks, marshland, and lakes, with each of the 54 holes carved from a thick forest of hardwood and pine. Magnolia Grove was recently voted into Golf World Magazine's Reader Choice Top 50 Public Courses. The Falls and Crossings courses were also named by Golf Digest's Places to Play as two of the nation's Great Value courses, and both courses were listed in America's Top 50 Affordable Courses. The Crossings course plays host to the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic held each spring.

Mine has moved up 3 spots to 556,984,773,949,954,238,485,837.

They put in a sprinkler system last year.

Mine has moved up 3 spots to 556,984,773,949,954,238,485,837.

They put in a sprinkler system last year.

Do they use it???

Half the courses here have them but never use them!

Sandwiched in between Three Mile Island and a urinal puck factory. So, just outside the Top 100.

Put in my course to the search box, and it came up 5th! It's nice, but not sure it's that nice. Tidworth Garisson golf club.

I checked mine and it was 3rd in the region which isn't too bad. I've tried the course thats second too and I much prefer mine.

bhilln's is on there. Hoping to play there the Saturday before our IL/IN/MO get together in a couple weeks.

Mine just missed out on the top 100 in the world on this list. They did rank it 54 in the US though.

I like my home course, but I know darn well it's not anywhere near that status. I've played World Woods, which is a top 100 US public course (in the 80s or 90s though) and it's significantly better than my home course. I will say that my home course is probably the 2nd best in town, just behind the U of Florida course. And the rest of the courses aren't even close. It is a Gary Player design, not terribly long or scenic, but good facilities and the grounds crew knows what they're doing. The greens are absolutely perfect right now.

Just found mine. La Purisima, ranks 41 in California.

Do they use it???

Half the courses here have them but never use them!

They do. For the most part the course is in good condtion. The greens are very good, but on the slow side.

haha. Is anyone going to make that top 100 in the world list?! Mine is top 10 in Texas.

Not mentioned anywhere. I'm impressed it's in the phone book.

I'd legitimately place my home course around 8,500 out of the 30,000 or so courses in America,

THPing on Tapatalk

Back