The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're starting to get back into our normal routine at least. I think I'll be in better shape here in a month. Hopefully!

I can't remember, but how old is the little one now? We have got the daughter up with her little one for 5 or 6 days, he is 4 months but I did hear him during the night so I am a bit tired today

Hoping some time on the range later with fresh air will clear my head a bit

I have a 3 year old boy and the baby is 8 weeks. She actually slept the whole night last night. Till 4:30am at least lol.

I have a 3 year old boy and the baby is 8 weeks. She actually slept the whole night last night. Till 4:30am at least lol.

Hey Hawk. We've figured out what causes that whole pregnancy thing. Hit me up if you'd like to know. :)

Luckily, it seems that there is little time for that as well :D

That qualifies as through the night. Congrats.

I'm amazed you get that much time in with the two little ones. I have a four year old, and I'm lucky to get out 1-2 times a week, including weekends, to practice or play. It's all about being efficient with the time for me.

We try to have a pretty set schedule, but it doesn't always work out. Each of has a night or two that is ours each week for a couple hours right after work. Basically home by dinner time - it's a nice getaway. I get up at the crack of dawn for weekend golf, but it's worth it since I'm home in plenty of time to spend the day with them.

You should be a dab hand at this stuff now after the practice you would have had with the first one :D

Almost time to head off from work and get myself to the range - weather is about 13*C and a bit breezy but looking forward to hitting some balls

Have fun out there!

Well had an interesting range session, tried a few things once I got loosened up - good news is that my back is definitely on the road to being sorted as I am feeling fine after hitting a basket of balls

As for the problems at the weekend I think I was stood a fraction too close to the ball which was causing me to have problems getting through the ball and leaving the club behind so I had no idea where it was going to go.... But I made a conscious effort tonight to move further away from the ball and was hitting the ball a lot better again with the 3w

I also tried hovering the club before swinging and had some good results at times but I am not quite confident enough just yet to take it to the course although it was promising and it takes out any chance of snagging the club at the beginning of the take away so I may just practice it more at the range first

Should be able to get a range session in the morning...gonna be a little chilly I think but just makes me focus on hitting it pure.

Had my first range session in a while. Just worked on making solid contact with my wedges and driver on full swings. Focused on hitting the center of the face and hitting the ball straight. Overall, pretty encouraging results. Felt good with the irons and started to improve with the driver. I recorded some swings so I'm going to look at those and analyze the swing a little.

Finishing up some putting work on the big moss. Amazing how I want to go back to the things that aren't working (but comfortable) in my setup.

After a terrible range session the other night, I took a few days off to get my body "unsore". Moving firewood stinks.

After warming up and stretching a bit, I worked my way up to my driver and corrected some major issues that I was having. I was so out of balance that I couldn't hold a follow through. I made a huge effort to throttle back my swing til I could control and amazingly, my swing returned... hit a few dozen great drives and a ton of good iron shots to round out the evening. Mid 60s temp helps a ton.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Had a short session yesterday. I'm on a downswing. Nothing really feels right and results are showing it. Will give it one more try this weekend and schedule a lesson if I still suck.

Had a pretty good range sessions last night. Worked very intently and swinging free and easy with the driver and it definitely helped the results.

Had a short session yesterday. I'm on a downswing. Nothing really feels right and results are showing it. Will give it one more try this weekend and schedule a lesson if I still suck.

What happened buddy? You was rolling there for a while..

Just a slump I guess. They come and go, so I'm not going to sweat it too much. I was feeling pretty good as late as last Saturday, but the few times I've hit balls since then were rotten. Lots of toe balls! Just need to find that magic swingthought for the week and I'll be good to go :D

In a way I blame bhilln.

Blaming myself would be most unproductive.

Well if we get paired up either the May gathering or the IL Invit, I'll see if I can bring you some slump busting luck..

That's what I'm talking about! I'm going to play my favorite course on Sunday. That should be a good confidence booster.

Paging mike dean.. Par 3 course 130 downhill rocketbladez AW
zu9enysu.jpg

beryhyva.jpg

In a way I blame bhilln.

I could see that.... of course I was feeling good about my game until we played... now my swing is like an unfolding lawn chair. Safest place to stand ahead of me playing is near the flag... balls are going everywhere but there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back