Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

seems like there have been more positive experiences with this line than negatives. That's always a good thing. Obviously clubs don't work for everyone but for the most part people seem pleased after trying it out.

I know right. Sounds like a winner for a lot of people.

I let a playing partner of mine hit it today mine set at 11.5 vs. his 10.5 Burner Superfast 2.0 and he fell in love after 2 swings.

I let a playing partner of mine hit it today mine set at 11.5 vs. his 10.5 Burner Superfast 2.0 and he fell in love after 2 swings.

That's awesome! Anyone not like this club? I don't think so...

Finally saw Pro version in hand. Talk about the perfect looking head shape, wow.

Well i took the cobra amp cell driver and fairway out to the course today. I was running late for my tee time so i did not get any practice in before heading to the first tee. I teed up my ball and took two practice swings before putting a easy swing on this bad boy and i must say i was impressed immediately. First drive and it splits the fairway and finished at 260 yds total drive, not bad for no warm-up. Go to the second tee a 546 yds par 5 and hit a nice sweeping draw to the center of the fairway about 270 yds. Left me with 265 yds to the pin (pin played forward today), pulled out the amp cell 3 wood and piped it 255 leaving a 10 yard pitch, at this point i'm over joyed with these clubs. These results continued all afternoon, i hit 13/14 fairways and hit 2/4 par 5's in two with the 3 wood.

Positives -
Unbelievably forgiving, makes bad swings look good with good results.
Center strikes will go a long way right down the middle.
Feel and sound are perfect, feels like the ball really fires off the face and a muted but powerful sound.
Looks fantastic at address

Negatives -
Not very workable but i expected this going in. I'll sacrifice the workability for the unreal forgiveness.
Stock shaft is soft and is not a high kick point shaft. Hard fast swings over power the stock shaft easily and send the ball sailing to the moon. While i still saw good distance from the shuttle launches on the back nine i stood there wondering if the ball would ever leave orbit.

Final results -
I am extremely impressed with the performance of the cobra amp cell driver and fairway. While there were some negatives i feel that changing the shaft for a fubuki tour will bring the flight down and lower the spin numbers. The driver was so impressive that my swing coach asked to hit it during the round and was so impressed that he is trading his cally in for one tomorrow. Great clubs and the best looking if i say so myself.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

So I finally made my decision last night at Golf Galaxy's ladies night I was going Cobra Amp Cell. Went to order it and the guy wouldn't give it to me for the $50 off price they advertised, wouldn't give me the trade in value on the club I had brought that we pulled directly from their website, and finally insulted me by questioning the fact that the Cobra guy had fitted me with a senior flex shaft. He couldn't understand why a women would need that shaft. Needless to say after all that I said give me my club back and walked out. Guess getting an Amp Cell is going to wait and they wonder why they loose business and people go on eBay.

So I finally made my decision last night at Golf Galaxy's ladies night I was going Cobra Amp Cell. Went to order it and the guy wouldn't give it to me for the $50 off price they advertised, wouldn't give me the trade in value on the club I had brought that we pulled directly from their website, and finally insulted me by questioning the fact that the Cobra guy had fitted me with a senior flex shaft. He couldn't understand why a women would need that shaft. Needless to say after all that I said give me my club back and walked out. Guess getting an Amp Cell is going to wait and they wonder why they loose business and people go on eBay.

That sucks Nerf, was this guy a manager or just a sales guy. I'd try to talk to a manager about it, thats some BS service there.

That sucks Nerf, was this guy a manager or just a sales guy. I'd try to talk to a manager about it, thats some BS service there.

No he wasn't the manager. The store manager wasn't there. Dean is friends with the store manager since he used to work there. He was going to stop over and talk to him today.

No he wasn't the manager. The store manager wasn't there. Dean is friends with the store manager since he used to work there. He was going to stop over and talk to him today.

That really sucks, especially since we all get so excited when we finally decide to treat ourselves to some new gear. I hope the manager corrects the situation, mentors the sales associate, and that sales associate goes out of his way to help female shoppers in the future.

how ridiculous is that?

i hate all those golf store clerks who:
A) don't know dick about golf clubs and
B) assume the same about every customer

practically anyone on THP could do a better job working there than most any employee i've ever run into

good luck Jen. sick Dean on them...he'll straighten it out. he's tough.

how ridiculous is that?

i hate all those golf store clerks who:
A) don't know dick about golf clubs and
B) assume the same about every customer

practically anyone on THP could do a better job working there than most any employee i've ever run into

good luck Jen. sick Dean on them...he'll straighten it out. he's tough.

I agree, It's a problem here as well, and even more noticable with fittings, I usually know more about the options and settings than the fitter, and I dont know much!

That's absurd Jenn. You should have drop kicked him. I wouldn't doubt if Dean didn't get you more off for the trouble.

That's absurd Jenn. You should have drop kicked him. I wouldn't doubt if Dean didn't get you more off for the trouble.

It was ladies night so he didn't go with me because the used to not allow men in the store.

It was ladies night so he didn't go with me because the used to not allow men in the store.

Hopefully y'all get it straightened out soon and you have what you want in your hands for the right price. What color are you going with?

Hopefully y'all get it straightened out soon and you have what you want in your hands for the right price. What color are you going with?

I'm going with the blue ladies head, senior flex shaft cut down to 44 1/2, and I'll have them put the stock ladies grip on it for now.

I'm going with the blue ladies head, senior flex shaft cut down to 44 1/2, and I'll have them put the stock ladies grip on it for now.

That's my favorite ladies color. I almost bought the light blue one for my "lady friend", but sadly she likes her old faithful starter set driver more!

That's my favorite ladies color. I almost bought the light blue one for my "lady friend", but sadly she likes her old faithful starter set driver more!

The orange for the men grew on me over the weekend. They made a makeshift driver for me by popping a 3 wood shaft into the driver head to see how my numbers would be with a proper length and weight. My spin went down, club head speed was right around 80, and I gained 5-10 yards of carry.

The orange for the men grew on me over the weekend. They made a makeshift driver for me by popping a 3 wood shaft into the driver head to see how my numbers would be with a proper length and weight. My spin went down, club head speed was right around 80, and I gained 5-10 yards of carry.

That would mean you were basically playing with a 1.5"(ish) tipped driver shaft. Maybe when they cut yours down to size they should take the length off of the tip instead of the butt if those were really good numbers for you.

That would mean you were basically playing with a 1.5"(ish) tipped driver shaft. Maybe when they cut yours down to size they should take the length off of the tip instead of the butt if those were really good numbers for you.

That is always an option too. Big thing for her is with some ladies shafts her ss is to strong. But when switching to a senior flex some times the weight is too heavy. Right now she has an aldila nv 55 senior flex that tends to work out fine.

Plenty of options. Get it straight then hit em straight!

Well i took the cobra amp cell driver and fairway out to the course today. I was running late for my tee time so i did not get any practice in before heading to the first tee. I teed up my ball and took two practice swings before putting a easy swing on this bad boy and i must say i was impressed immediately. First drive and it splits the fairway and finished at 260 yds total drive, not bad for no warm-up. Go to the second tee a 546 yds par 5 and hit a nice sweeping draw to the center of the fairway about 270 yds. Left me with 265 yds to the pin (pin played forward today), pulled out the amp cell 3 wood and piped it 255 leaving a 10 yard pitch, at this point i'm over joyed with these clubs. These results continued all afternoon, i hit 13/14 fairways and hit 2/4 par 5's in two with the 3 wood.

Positives -
Unbelievably forgiving, makes bad swings look good with good results.
Center strikes will go a long way right down the middle.
Feel and sound are perfect, feels like the ball really fires off the face and a muted but powerful sound.
Looks fantastic at address

Negatives -
Not very workable but i expected this going in. I'll sacrifice the workability for the unreal forgiveness.
Stock shaft is soft and is not a high kick point shaft. Hard fast swings over power the stock shaft easily and send the ball sailing to the moon. While i still saw good distance from the shuttle launches on the back nine i stood there wondering if the ball would ever leave orbit.

Final results -
I am extremely impressed with the performance of the cobra amp cell driver and fairway. While there were some negatives i feel that changing the shaft for a fubuki tour will bring the flight down and lower the spin numbers. The driver was so impressive that my swing coach asked to hit it during the round and was so impressed that he is trading his cally in for one tomorrow. Great clubs and the best looking if i say so myself.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Great thoughts man! Love that the coach jumped on the band wagon too haha

Really sorry to hear this Nerf. I hate snotty sales people. Really sucks. Hope you get your sweet driver soon though!

Can't wait to get my beauties out on the course in a few hours!

That is ridiculous, horrible service to say the least.

That's the type of service i've seen at my local golfsmith as well that's why I purchased my driver and fairway at edwin watts. Sorry to hear this nerf. Just in case you don't know edwin watts has better trade in values as they go by the mid grade pga value where everyone else goes by the low grade value and right now they are giving 50% extra trade in value and if you buy a driver you get 25% off the fairway. They gave me $102 for my old razr fit, $193 for my x hot pro, and $125 for my x hot pro fairway. Only cost me $62 out of my pocket for my amp cell driver and fairway. I would suggest going to edwin watts for more trade-in value and much better service.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

Back