That just screams bada**.

Rumor or not, the look is menacing to me. Murdered out R1 would be nice to have in the collection.
Agreed, they look mean and nasty!!! Ready to crush some golf balls.

That looks so sweet.

Looks great. I'd game it.

I love it!

I think a black one would be nice even though i do like the white club heads but i have questions if this a legit picture i imagen that Tmag would keep the crown graphic and would apply better graphic where is says loft

This is only about 10 gazillion times better looking than the white with graphics, which fully explains how it goes public just 2 weeks after receiving my R1. Oh well, ugly fairway finders are still fairway finders...

I think a black one would be nice even though i do like the white club heads but i have questions if this a legit picture i imagen that Tmag would keep the crown graphic and would apply better graphic where is says loft

Now that you mention it and I look at the picture closer, I highly doubt that is a legitimate picture from TaylorMade of a special edition. My guess is that someone had their R1 custom painted while leaving the R1 on the crown and the loft area as they were before. Still looks good, but I think your doubts are well placed.

Saw pics of this and thought I would share! Rumor is its a limited edition (2500 or so) release of black R1 drivers.

Honestly, not a fan. I've grown to like the white crown with the racing stripe graphics.

Now, if they could do something to dampen the sound at impact, I'd take a few swings.

I may not be a fan of the ugly graphics on the head, but this is something I would play, I love my white clubs but this looks awesome

On the USGA conforming list as of this morning, no idea why it's shown in only a left-handed version:

20130347.jpg

Love it!

mix of the matte black Ping stuff with the adjustablility of TM

On the USGA conforming list as of this morning, no idea why it's shown in only a left-handed version:

20130347.jpg

That one is for a left handed staffer maybe Mike Weir
It is signifantly smaller CC and looks as though it has a shallow face it is a prototype made for a specific player not a retail club

I would love to have one of these. I can't stand to look at those white driver heads. haha

I'd love this driver, especially coming from a taylormade supertri
What's the head characteristics of an r1 to compared with the supertri ?
Thanks

That looks sweet. Interesting to see if it gets confirmed or if this is someone's fancy paint job.

I'm not a a huge fan of the Robotic looks on this driver, but I must say that the Black on it is a game changer for me :)

Looks pretty sharp to me. I'll take one please.

I would love to have one of these. I can't stand to look at those white driver heads. haha

Almost everyone (including myself) I have talked to about any of the new drivers with unconventional crowns has said that after about two swings that opinion goes away and you barely notice it when swinging.

THPing on Tapatalk

Wow, now that is nice!

I'd have to think that coming out with a black r1 would seem to go against all the marketing and hype they've put behind the white club heads...

I like it! I'm just wondering "how much?" and "where do I order one?"

Back