Demoing golf balls?

Lewshus

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Do any of the golf stores out there allow you to demo the new golf balls? Like hit them on a launch monitor to see the spin and launch. Or to putt with them so you can hear how they sound off the putter?

Just curious, because they put so much into demoing the clubs but I have never heard of anyone doing the same with golf balls, which is the one consistent thing in every golf swing.

I dont think so but that would be cool

I have not seen one most likely because you can buy them buy the sleeve for relatively cheap.

It's a nice idea. I suppose just buying a sleeve and asking to hit some on the LM is easy and cheap enough to do.

If you are looking for spin and launch off the driver, check out a Bridgestone Ball fitting in your area. They will have their balls and balls from just about every manufacturer. If you are looking for short game, THP Events might work. Always have the launch monitor with us. Bring all the balls you want and find out which is spinning the most for you. Heck, we will be in Chicago area in a few months.

I think plenty of places do ball fittings.

~Rock

I know golf galaxy offers ball fittings and are pretty reasonable under $30 I believe.

At my shop you can demo balls if you ask. There's a good chance they'll be a bit beat up from a lot of use, but the option is there.

THPing on Tapatalk

About the only thing that is anywhere close to that is a Bridgestone ball fitting. Beyond that, all you can do is buy a sleeve of 3 and give them a whirl.

You could also try to attend manufacturer demo days; they usually have 2 ball sample sleeves available.

My local shop does a full ball fitting for $20. Includes hitting just about any ball on the market with driver, irons and wedges. Getting the numbers from each ball is nice. I believe Golf Galaxy does the same thing.

I haven't asked whether they do it at our local Golfsmith or not, but I'd be surprised if they don't.

My local shop does a full ball fitting for $20. Includes hitting just about any ball on the market with driver, irons and wedges. Getting the numbers from each ball is nice. I believe Golf Galaxy does the same thing.

I did this at the local GOlf Galaxy. Was fun to see results on the monitor. When done they gave me a sleeve of the recommended ball.

Last edited:
I usually just hunt around in the weeds and hope to find a new ball I haven't tried. Then I hope I don't lose it after one shot

GOlf Galaxy does for $20, I tried it once, would never recommend it to anyone, total waste of time.

Bridgestone ball fitting would be idea!

GOlf Galaxy does for $20, I tried it once, would never recommend it to anyone, total waste of time.

Bridgestone ball fitting would be idea!

how is it a waste? Did they not know what they were doing? Also there is a bstone fitting near me soon that I plan on going to. My question though is just driver #'s enough to make a decision?

Bridgestone does this. They have their entire lineup and balls from every other major company. You hit what you play currently then the tech's give you a bridgestone ball and you compare. That's how I changed from ProV1x to B330.

Grab a sleeve of the ones you're interested in and stack them up with a 7 iron and work your way closer to the green then work it out with your putter.

THe bridgestone ball fitting is something I have never done... I really should get to a demo day and try it. I feel like I can play lots of different balls with similar results. I know I like the predictability of a Urethane cover, beyond that low compression is a comfort zone but I think I can play anything and I have no Idea what is optimal for me.

THe bridgestone ball fitting is something I have never done... I really should get to a demo day and try it. I feel like I can play lots of different balls with similar results. I know I like the predictability of a Urethane cover, beyond that low compression is a comfort zone but I think I can play anything and I have no Idea what is optimal for me.

Doing the Bridgestone fitting this Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing the Bridgestone fitting this Saturday morning.

Nice! Check back in and let us know how it goes!

Nike used to sell a variety pack with the 4 options. Don't know if they do that anymore but id like to see every company offer that even if it was an online only order or something like that.

Back