The Official "Small Stuff" Pondering Thread

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
I know we have a broad equipment pondering thread and I mainly see bags clubs and the occasional ball ponder there. Well I'm sticking up for the little guys, the unsung heroes of our bags, towels, tees, gloves, and golf balls and any other small accessories and nuances we need. So, that's me to the question: What are you pondering?

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

I love this idea for a thread! I would say the couple small things I'm pondering are alignment sticks and iron covers for my sticks when I'm driving with them in my car. Hate to see them get dinged up

Tapa Slice

I like it, I'm pondering a cigar case for the bag. Something to keep the hogs fresh

Great thread, I'm going to ponder Chunky in here.

In a way, towels for me are THE most important piece of kit in the bag. I perspire so heavily, that I carry four towels, one for clubs and three for me (and I launder them very frequently). I generally get these from target, they tend to not last all that long before they become dusters, but they have a good combination of absorption and a soft feel. Doesn't 'scratch' the oft wiped face and scalp, but gets the moisture off for the moment.

I love this idea for a thread! I would say the couple small things I'm pondering are alignment sticks and iron covers for my sticks when I'm driving with them in my car. Hate to see them get dinged up

Tapa Slice

Alignment sticks are great! Go to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace to get them though - they're only a couple bucks!

Alignment sticks are great! Go to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace to get them though - they're only a couple bucks!

Good thinking. I never thought of that

Tapa Slice

Nice thread. I've been pondering trying a glove in a different size. I've always worn Large's but lately I've been pondering trying a Medium-Large.

Nice thread. I've been pondering trying a glove in a different size. I've always worn Large's but lately I've been pondering trying a Medium-Large.

Ever think of trying a cadet large?

Tapa Slice

I'm thinking of a toolbox type thing for the car to hold all the extra golfy pieces that at the moment just kick around loose (tees, balls, gloves, sunscreen, hand wipes, sticking plasters, club wrenches, spikes, shoe laces, pens, misc medications, divot tools, markers etc etc etc), something like a Stanley Fatmax organiser.

Still debating but I like the idea of a kit of all my golf sundries.

Ever think of trying a cadet large?

Tapa Slice

My hands are thin but long so cadet isn't for me. I just feel like I have a lot of room in my palm area but my fingers are definitely meant for a Large. M-L would be a little tighter in my palm area but I'm not sure if my fingers are too long. I think I'm kind of an inbetweener when it comes to gloves.

Ah I got ya

Tapa Slice

My hands are thin but long so cadet isn't for me. I just feel like I have a lot of room in my palm area but my fingers are definitely meant for a Large. M-L would be a little tighter in my palm area but I'm not sure if my fingers are too long. I think I'm kind of an inbetweener when it comes to gloves.

I have the exact opposite, but it still makes finding a good fitting glove difficult. My palms seem to be rather large, while my fingers are relatively short. I wear a L in most gloves, but in many of them, the palm is really tight and I've got 1/4 or 1/2 inch of extra glove hanging off my fingers. I've really only been able to find a couple that fit me properly, so I can't just mail order gloves. I've noticed that even with Footjoy, some of their models fit completely differently than others, so you just have to try as many of them on as possible.

As far as pondering, I'd definitely like to get another bag towel or two. I'm needing a new glove as well and now that it's getting hot, I'd like to find something like the new Callaway glove with the mesh back. Hopefully those fit!

I pondered for a day and then bought me a pack of pop of protectors.

I have the exact opposite, but it still makes finding a good fitting glove difficult. My palms seem to be rather large, while my fingers are relatively short. I wear a L in most gloves, but in many of them, the palm is really tight and I've got 1/4 or 1/2 inch of extra glove hanging off my fingers. I've really only been able to find a couple that fit me properly, so I can't just mail order gloves. I've noticed that even with Footjoy, some of their models fit completely differently than others, so you just have to try as many of them on as possible.

FootJoy gloves are my preferred gloves. I have also found some fit different than others. I had always used WeatherSof until I got a StaSof for Christmas. Used it at the range for the first time last week and it does feel a little tighter in my palm area. I'll wait until it gets a little worn in but I'm hoping it doesn't stretch and stays as is. If so, StaSof may be the answer and I won't have to ponder a M-L.

I like it, I'm pondering a cigar case for the bag. Something to keep the hogs fresh

I love my xikar case that holds 5-10 and fits perfectly in the side of my staffer.

I need towels, badly!

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

FootJoy gloves are my preferred gloves. I have also found some fit different than others. I had always used WeatherSof until I got a StaSof for Christmas. Used it at the range for the first time last week and it does feel a little tighter in my palm area. I'll wait until it gets a little worn in but I'm hoping it doesn't stretch and stays as is. If so, StaSof may be the answer and I won't have to ponder a M-L.

that's funny, because the WeatherSof and StaSof pose the problems I was talking about for me. The Sci-Flex fits me perfectly, just wonderful. Maybe we need to exchange info on gloves we try. If I find one that's no good for me, it will probably fit you perfectly and vise versa :D

For those looking for towels, I love Krama washcloths from Ikea, nice size, come with hanging tags and great price.
I keep 3 or 4 in bag with one hanging on the bag so can rotate a clean one easily when the dirt takes over.

£3/$4 for ten and with orange tags available, I can even colour match the bag!!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40054538/

For those looking for towels, I love Krama washcloths from Ikea, nice size, come with hanging tags and great price.
I keep 3 or 4 in bag with one hanging on the bag so can rotate a clean one easily when the dirt takes over.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill have to check this out

Tapa Slice

that's funny, because the WeatherSof and StaSof pose the problems I was talking about for me. The Sci-Flex fits me perfectly, just wonderful. Maybe we need to exchange info on gloves we try. If I find one that's no good for me, it will probably fit you perfectly and vise versa :D

Definitely. There are so many gloves out there it's impossible to try all of them.

Good thinking. I never thought of that

Tapa Slice

They're just driveway marker rods and I think they're about $2ea!!!

I'll be looking into these too! Thanks!!!

I'm pondering a new towel from my club. This year's are really nice.

I keep finding my new switchblade-style divot tool in my pants pockets long after a round of golf and I keep taking it out and flicking it open like a car key/pocket knife. So far it has held up well and has repaired the unfortunately-rare ball marks I leave on the green.
Nothing really to say about it, just that it gives idle hands something to do and holds up pretty well as a repair tool.

R.O.

Back