Most unforgiving driver on the market?

Wow, you guys are really dissing my Ping Anser. I can't disagree with you more but I guess I have a great setup, so I'm not going to argue...

Least forgiving NEW Drivers at present time (that I've tried):

1. Nike Covert Tour
2. Callaway X Hot Pro
3. Taylormade RBZ

The ONLY driver I would consider sharing time with my Anser is the R1, if they could remove the stripes and paint it matte-black... :D

Powerbilt Air Force One! Absolutely, positively THE most UNFORGIVING driver ever made! Ridiculously horrible!

The least forgiving for me:

Adams fast 12 ls- I gamed it a good bit of last year. Awesome distance, no doubt. Mishits were very harsh, especially toe shots. Thing is a monster on the center of the face, though.

I thought the Cally RFX and Covert tour were fairly unforgiving as well...

Where'd your toe shots go on the 12? They were always basically a straight left turn for me.. Madness.

Sounds like most people are unhappy with the 440cc drivers. I'll agree with that.

Sounds like most people are unhappy with the 440cc drivers. I'll agree with that.

Definitely... Something gets lost with those 15 or 20 CCs.

20 ccs don't make that much of a difference.

Have you hit a Titleist D2 vs D3? BIG Difference in forgiveness between the two.

From what I have hit the R1 everything was off the heel and short.

For me it is the older Titleist drivers. The slightly open face moved the ball to the right almost every time I would swing it

Ping I20 for me.

Wow, you guys are really dissing my Ping Anser. I can't disagree with you more but I guess I have a great setup, so I'm not going to argue...

Least forgiving NEW Drivers at present time (that I've tried):

1. Nike Covert Tour
2. Callaway X Hot Pro
3. Taylormade RBZ

The ONLY driver I would consider sharing time with my Anser is the R1, if they could remove the stripes and paint it matte-black... :D

Don't misunderstand me. I hit the Anser in the middle over and over. It was the empty beer can sound that I couldn't stand.

For me, it was the Amp Cell and the Covert. The cell I wanted to love, but I couldn't not hit it right no matter how much I tried. With a shorter, and possibly different shaft, it probably would be different. The Covert was flat out bad - hit it low, and the sound, especially on anything even slightly off center, was awful.

How about we just hug and have a beer?

I agree. I have the R11, and it is the most forgiving driver I have hit. I have been trying to knock it out of the bag for over a year, but I can't! But it may be just one that works for me... and I can't argue with anyone if they don't have the same results...

Anything that is new and light and whippy shaft so pretty much almost everything since that is the new "in". I either loose the club at the top of my back swing or I get scared of the whip in the shaft to cause a massive snap hook that I fight the release of the club and leave it wide open causing a fairway over and 9 mile high push slice.

Totally have the same issues!

any TaylorMade driver !

Cleveland Classic

Don't misunderstand me. I hit the Anser in the middle over and over. It was the empty beer can sound that I couldn't stand.

I actually don't mind the sound. Coming from a previous i20 and before that a Taylormade Superfast 2.0, the Anser has been a joy. Granted, I loved the sound of the new Callaway X Hot Pro but that driver did not suit me at all and I tried a couple of different shafts that worked for me in the past and present...

Plus the fact that I'll take the forgiveness and length vs sound ALL DAY LONG, on any driver!!! Unless it sounds like someone just flatulated...:D

I couldn't hit a Burner 2.0 straight to save my dog's life! I tried and tried but sold it pretty hastily. That person then bished at me how they couldn't hit it either. And I've found that true with lots of TM woods.

I tried out the PING K15 for about 20 hits at a demo day a few years back. I couldn't get that thing more than 15 feet off the ground to save my life. So, that is the most unforgiving driver I have hit, but I have very, very limited experience since I do not hit that many clubs.

I couldn't hit a Burner 2.0 straight to save my dog's life! I tried and tried but sold it pretty hastily. That person then bished at me how they couldn't hit it either. And I've found that true with lots of TM woods.

Agree with you here. Difficult to hit, long when hit properly but very difficult...

I find it interesting the correlation between what we can't hit well vs what we think is not forgiving.

Interesting that a lot of people don't like the Covert/Covert Tour. I hit both at a Nike demo day and the Covert Tour was outstanding for me and seemed fairly forgiving. After the Nike guy tweaked the driver to what he thought would work for me, I was getting one of the best spin rates for me at around 2500 with 260-270 yards of carry. When I hit the regular Covert I was getting a spin rate closer to 3500 with about 250-260 carry.

Back