Which of these PING Irons Offers the MOST Forgiiveness??

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I'd like to get your thoughts on some vintage PING irons and which one would be best for a golfer needing a lot of help. I guess it's called FORGIVENESS.

1. EYE 2+
2. ZING
3. ZING 2
4. ISI

If there are other ISI style irons, please include those as well as I don't recall all of the different ISI styled irons. Also would the versions in BeCu make a difference in the forgiveness or is it just the feel that is different in these?

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

From my experience I would rank them in order of most to least forgiving:

1. ZING
2. EYE 2+
3. ZING 2
4. ISI

I own all except the ZING 2 but have heard many say they are very forgiving.

I've had Zings and eye 2's and find them both quite forgiving. Eye 2's are still what I recommend to beginners who want an affordable first set. Beauty is that they never drop in value so you can use them for a year or two and sell them for what you bought them for.

Hey all,

I'd like to get your thoughts on some vintage PING irons and which one would be best for a golfer needing a lot of help. I guess it's called FORGIVENESS.

1. EYE 2+
2. ZING
3. ZING 2
4. ISI

If there are other ISI style irons, please include those as well as I don't recall all of the different ISI styled irons. Also would the versions in BeCu make a difference in the forgiveness or is it just the feel that is different in these?

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

Eye 2+
Zing2
Zing
ISI

In that order...

They did the ISI in BECU (copper) and BENI (nickel). They have a softer feel than regular steel irons but forgiveness is the same.

I ask because I have a set of either EYE 2 or EYE 2+ back up north in storage that I am trying to find a way to get down to me in Texas. It's been a while since I have seen them, they belonged to my late Father when he played occasionally.

I am trying to get back into golf and thought that the others I listed might offer more help to me than the ones I have. If that is the case I would probably look to trade them for the other set of PING irons.

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

You would think the anser forged because they're a forged iron and not cast, no?

Tapa Slice

Just my experience with forged vs cast. For me, forged has been more forgiving

Tapa Slice

Why weird?

Tapa Slice

Because typically forged irons have the least amount of perimeter weighting, thinnest sole, and highest CG. They are typically players irons. Plus, you're just the first person I recall saying that b

Because typically forged irons have the least amount of perimeter weighting, thinnest sole, and highest CG. They are typically players irons. Plus, you're just the first person I recall saying that b

Well then yea I guess I can see why you would say that's weird lol

Tapa Slice

I am a fan of forged irons, but forgiveness has nothing to do with an iron being forged or cast.

I am a fan of forged irons, but forgiveness has nothing to do with an iron being forged or cast.

Yes. That has been established.

The dude just wants advice on irons.

I'd get the Eye2s over the rest. Loved those irons.

Hey all,

1. EYE 2+
2. ZING
3. ZING 2
4. ISI

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr

I hit all these and the Zing to me were the most forgiving, Eye 2's most playable from a variety of lies, Zing 2's looked the coolest but very clunky feeling, and the isi beryllium nickel were by far the softest feeling ping ever. IMHO

I hit all these and the Zing to me were the most forgiving, Eye 2's most playable from a variety of lies, Zing 2's looked the coolest but very clunky feeling, and the isi beryllium nickel were by far the softest feeling ping ever. IMHO
Sorry I left out Ping eyes, set prior to ping eye 2. I still have a set of these and play them from time to time. I shot my lowest round ever at my home course with these. I love the look of these irons and for some reason can chip better with these irons from anywhere. I always felt like I could get up and down from anywhere with these irons.

Purely preference but Ping Eye 2 for me as well. Really love those irons.

I'm still rocking the Eye2+ after 18 years (picked them up in1995). Just put some new GP Decade grips on them this week.
Though I do have to admit my eyes wonder over to the i20's from time to time...

Back