New member from New Zealand.

Welcome to THP! 78 after 5 years and a bunch of rehab? Yeah, I'd be pretty fired up about playing too! Have fun getting all that new equipment out on the course.

Welcome Dude!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP and back to the game. It sounds like it won't to you long to get your swing back. 78 first time out is pretty impressive. Good luck with the new clubs too.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Thanks for all the welcome messages everyone, very unexpected but very cool too.
The wedges have arrived and man am I happy with them. It was almost dark by the time I got home and I only had time to hit 6 balls into a neighbouring paddock from my back yard with the 54*. WOW, the Spinner shaft is something else! It amazes me how far technology has come in the past few years. They're gorgeous too, such a classic looking players club. Heard from retailer today that my irons should be with me in about 2 weeks so that's good to know. Please can you guys suggest some drivers and fairways to look at, I like a classic looking driver, fairway wood I'm kinda fussy as I don't like a shallow face. I've looked at the Titleist 913Fd as I tend to launch the ball high. Also considered the Nike Covert Tour driver and fairway, although if Rory Mcilroy can't hit his for love nor money what chance do I have, lol.

Last edited:
Where in Central Otago are you, I lived in Alexandra for a few years so know Central pretty well. As for Terrace Downs, considering I had no yardage book, hadn't played in ages, was playing TD for the first time and was using borrowed clubs I was stoked with the outcome :bulgy-eyes: The front 9 (my favourite btw) was pretty calm and I played it 1 over par. The second 9 was a different story altogether, howling WSW wind made life difficult!

Hey man, good to see another Kiwi around here. I'm down in Central Otago.

78 off the blacks at Terrace Downs is very impressive! Although unless its blowing 70kph from the NW then it doesn't count :act-up:

Where in Central Otago are you, I lived in Alexandra for a few years so know Central pretty well. As for Terrace Downs, considering I had no yardage book, hadn't played in ages, was playing TD for the first time and was using borrowed clubs I was stoked with the outcome :bulgy-eyes: The front 9 (my favourite btw) was pretty calm and I played it 1 over par. The second 9 was a different story altogether, howling WSW wind made life difficult!
Ha, I am in Alex. Small world!

I've played Terrace Downs twice. Both times were wet so very little wind. Although the second time the rain cleared and the NW started to blow with 3 holes left. Pretty sure I was in the 90s both time. If you don't have your driver going straight around there it can be a long day!

Seriously, Alexandra? What's your name? I miss playing Alexandra, Dai johns was always good to talk to and always did a good deal on gear.
Ha, I am in Alex. Small world!

I've played Terrace Downs twice. Both times were wet so very little wind. Although the second time the rain cleared and the NW started to blow with 3 holes left. Pretty sure I was in the 90s both time. If you don't have your driver going straight around there it can be a long day!

Hey man, good to see another Kiwi around here. I'm down in Central Otago.

78 off the blacks at Terrace Downs is very impressive! Although unless its blowing 70kph from the NW then it doesn't count :act-up:

Bay of Plenty here guys :)

Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP nice to meet you

Welcome!

Welcome to :thp: Saffa! 78 from the blacks is a hell of a round after 5 years away, you should definitely be proud of that. And good choice on those Cobra ACP irons...hit em the other day and LOVED them, plus they look so nice. Just not sure if I'd be able to handle em on my off days!

Welcome! I hope to get to New Zealand and play some golf someday. Best of luck on the journey back to where you want to be with your game.

You won't be disappointed! I played tons of great courses in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland and honestly I can say New Zealand has some equally good and possibly more beautiful courses.
Welcome! I hope to get to New Zealand and play some golf someday. Best of luck on the journey back to where you want to be with your game.

You won't be disappointed! I played tons of great courses in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland and honestly I can say New Zealand has some equally good and possibly more beautiful courses.
Couldn't agree more. If you've played Jacks Point on a blue sky summers day I will take a lot to be convinced that there would be a more spectacular place to play golf anywhere.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP !

Back