Vijay Sues PGATour

This is just petty crap...the substance was on the banned list and he admitted he used it...period. It was only during the investigation the the WADA decided to remove the substance from the list....it was still a banned substance when he used it.

In Vijay's world, I guess I should sue the state of Texas for the speeding ticket I got last year for 75 in a 60, since they have now raised the speed limit on that stretch of highway to 75....pffft!

Hahaha. This ^

I can understand that the tour messed up in taking their sweet time to come to a decision on this, shows lack of swift and decisive leadership (i.e. anchored putter), but the onus is definitely on Vijay here. When it comes down to it, he inhaled/injested/injected or whatever you do to get deer antler into yourself while it was on a "banned substance" list.

I say, fight the lawsuit, put an asterisk next to his name in the hall of fame in spite and move on. If he keeps filing frivaluos lawsuits then pull his tour card for a period of time and let him chew on that.

They do Vijay a favor by letting him off on a technicality and then he turns around and sues them? Wow.

I don't think this is going to end well for Vijay.

This is exactly how I see it, just seems so weird to me.

He has always seemed like a shady guy, I know he has had his issues in the past so that is not helping him either.

I see this getting really ugly real quick!!!

The PGA tour will now rig its tournaments to go against Vijay so he can't win anymore. Oh, wait...

Honestly, I really could not care less.

From his standpoint it kind of makes sense. They accused him of doping, it was published EVERYWHERE saying that he was using banned substances, and then they turn around and say "oh just kidding, he doesn't juice." Damage is done already, isn't it?

Do I think this is stupid and frivolous of Vijay? Absolutely.

:wtf: :poop:
:bicker: :starwars::zsimpsons:

:confused2: :violin:

:popcorn:

I hate that this is going on. I can see his side because I have a great friend who was suspended from the nfl for "perf enhancing substances," that later came out to be a paper work problem for a.d.d medicine that he'd been using for the past 8 years in the league. The problem was when the story broke everyone assumed it was steroids and it really did a number on his family and children as everyone accused them of being cheaters. I just feel like the professional organizations owe it to the players to do all the research before they put them on blast.

What does he stand to gain from any of this? He broke a rule. Plain and simple. So based on Vijay's take should Tiger sue the Masters for saying he cheated and then saying "wait, no he didn't he dropped in the right place". Not a VJ fan anyway! Hope he gets whatever it is that he's chasing after.

This was not a paperwork issue or a misunderstanding.

Vijay admitted to taking a banned substance. The tour responded appropriately, but then (I think) made the mistake of letting him off the hook.

This was not a paperwork issue or a misunderstanding.

Vijay admitted to taking a banned substance. The tour responded appropriately, but then (I think) made the mistake of letting him off the hook.
Very true.

Hmm, reading into this a little more. Singh is alleging that Mark Calcavecchia took the same banned substance and the PGA did not react in a media firestorm towards him, instead requesting he stop using the substance in a hush hush manner. If that's in fact true, ummm, Singh may win.

Hmm, reading into this a little more. Singh is alleging that Mark Calcavecchia took the same banned substance and the PGA did not react in a media firestorm towards him, instead requesting he stop using the substance in a hush hush manner. If that's in fact true, ummm, Singh may win.

One notable difference being that Calcavecchia's admission wasn't published in Sports Illustrated.

I think he'll win regardless. He merely needs to argue that they tarnished his reputation by accusing him of using a banned substance (which he never tested positive for, mind you, which is what the Tour requires) and then decided that substance wasn't actually a bannable substance.

I think he'll win regardless. He merely needs to argue that they tarnished his reputation by accusing him of using a banned substance (which he never tested positive for, mind you, which is what the Tour requires) and then decided that substance wasn't actually a bannable substance.

He didn't have to test positive, he admitted to using it.

Maybe I'm different, certainly appear to be in the minority here. But I agree with Vijay on this one. I absolutely think the PGA Tour rushed to judgment. I'd be interested in reading the actual petition if anyone knows where to find it.

~Rock

He didn't have to test positive, he admitted to using it.
Yes he did, but any suspensions or anything from the tour require a positive test. I think the issue this is revolving around is that what he was using would have never tested positive for anything to begin with, yet because it was on the list, he was accused of using PED's.

So, the PGA has a list of banned substances. Vijay used a substance containing something on that list and ADMITTED to it. The PGA powers that be do not formally sanction/suspend/punish/... Vijay. WADA later decides the substance Vijay used is now okay and removes it from their list, thus removing it from the PGA's list. Now Vijay decides to sue the PGA at the beginning of "the fifth major" presumably because of the amount of coverage the lawsuit will now receive.

I think the PGA powers that be screwed up by not formally punishing Vijay. The substance was BANNED AT THE TIME Vijay used it. Just because it's "okay" now doesn't mean it was okay then. What if someone got a speeding ticket 3 months ago and the streets division has now decided to raise the speed limit? Does the ticket go away? NOT A CHANCE!!

This will cost the PGA one way or another - either in a settlement or legal costs - but could have been avoided if they would have acted when they should have.

So, the PGA has a list of banned substances. Vijay used a substance containing something on that list and ADMITTED to it. The PGA powers that be do not formally sanction/suspend/punish/... Vijay. WADA later decides the substance Vijay used is now okay and removes it from their list, thus removing it from the PGA's list. Now Vijay decides to sue the PGA at the beginning of "the fifth major" presumably because of the amount of coverage the lawsuit will now receive.

I think the PGA powers that be screwed up by not formally punishing Vijay. The substance was BANNED AT THE TIME Vijay used it. Just because it's "okay" now doesn't mean it was okay then. What if someone got a speeding ticket 3 months ago and the streets division has now decided to raise the speed limit? Does the ticket go away? NOT A CHANCE!!

This will cost the PGA one way or another - either in a settlement or legal costs - but could have been avoided if they would have acted when they should have.

PGA Tour did punish him, Vijay appealed.

PGA didn't publish anything. They didn't rush judgement or they would've suspended him immediately (like most of the media wanted). And, as far as Calc, didn't he get suspended or maybe informally asked to stop participating for awhile?

Yes he did, but any suspensions or anything from the tour require a positive test. I think the issue this is revolving around is that what he was using would have never tested positive for anything to begin with, yet because it was on the list, he was accused of using PED's.

According to the Tour regulations, a player admitting publicly that he took a substance on the banned list is the same thing as testing positive.

Can this just end already. I dont care this much.

According to the Tour regulations, a player admitting publicly that he took a substance on the banned list is the same thing as testing positive.
I was saying that it was mistakenly on the banned list, as in even a test wouldn't actually be positive. Hence it being removed from the list after his appeal.

I don't know all the details on this issue and I don't even like Vijay, so I'm certainly not saying you're right or wrong.

Back