Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back from the shooting range
140 rounds of ammo down range and not one hiccup
rifle ran smooth as fudge
ate cheapy steel cased to semi cheap brass ammo fmj's and loved it hahaha
stupid sight was money at first then i couldnt hit paper
i was like wtf? then i checked it out... the front screw kept loosening... guess i gotta get some lock tite or something

just got back from the shooting range
140 rounds of ammo down range and not one hiccup
rifle ran smooth as fudge
ate cheapy steel cased to semi cheap brass ammo fmj's and loved it hahaha
stupid sight was money at first then i couldnt hit paper
i was like wtf? then i checked it out... the front screw kept loosening... guess i gotta get some lock tite or something

Lock tite should do the trick for that.

I had to re-read this because I thought for a second that Walmart was selling a multi-thousand dollar Trijicon ACOG sight! Then I really would have seen it all...

Speaking of payday, I went looking for scopes at Walmart for you, I found several military style scopes and sights for cheap, so you can mount it on your AR, bushnell aimpoint and ACOG style scopes.

I've always wanted a x4, so I may pick up the ACOG.

e5ydyby9.jpg

Guns....

I had to re-read this because I thought for a second that Walmart was selling a multi-thousand dollar Trijicon ACOG sight! Then I really would have seen it all...

Haha no just cheaper bushnell scopes. They may not be combat grade, but for the average joe, it's a good choice .

I might look into the "ACOG" and get a mount for the micro red dot sight in top

Give the aimpoint pro a look. Got two of them. They are a little over $400 in most places and come already in a mount that you put right on your flat-top ar and tighten by hand. Unreal battery life. Get a set of back up flip up sights, if the aimpoint battery happens to go out on you after several thousands of hours, flip up your sights and you look through the aimpoint at your sights. They will be easily seen about in the middle of the aimpoint tube. A rugged setup that works great. Acogs are good as well, but are they 600-800 dolllars better, depending on the model of course, than an aimpoint. In my opinion, no. Sight the aimpoint in a little high at 100 and you can hit easily out to 300 and with holdover easily out to 400. An aimpoint on a ar is hell on coyotes. Easy and fast aiming.

Give the aimpoint pro a look. Got two of them. They are a little over $400 in most places and come already in a mount that you put right on your flat-top ar and tighten by hand. Unreal battery life. Get a set of back up flip up sights, if the aimpoint battery happens to go out on you after several thousands of hours, flip up your sights and you look through the aimpoint at your sights. They will be easily seen about in the middle of the aimpoint tube. A rugged setup that works great. Acogs are good as well, but are they 600-800 dolllars better, depending on the model of course, than an aimpoint. In my opinion, no. Sight the aimpoint in a little high at 100 and you can hit easily out to 300 and with holdover easily out to 400. An aimpoint on a ar is hell on coyotes. Easy and fast aiming.

Yeah I love my aimpoint I've had mine for like 3 years

What???

It's only a little bigger than mine! :wink:

myseecamp.jpg
hahaha pocket rocket

after renting a spotting scope at the range today ive been looking online to get my own... loved using it

Bogey Russ, do you do alot of long range shooting where you need a spotting scope? I had the same issue years ago and instead of purchasing a spotting scope, I just purchased a high power scope for my rifle. When I shoot long range 600 yards and beyond, its nice to be able to see bullet holes that far right after I fired the shot. Do not have to stop, get out from the gun and look through a spotting scope and then get in position again to fire another shot. I have a 6x24 scope now but did have a 4.5X30. They both worked good for target spotting, I will spot for other shooters when they are shooting. The problem for me of course is, if I want to look at something other than a target at a range, it would be much easier to get a spotting scope out than my long range rifle. All that being said, I would look at vortex optics for a scope/spotting scope. My 6x24 is a vortex pst. Great scope. Great company, lifetime transferable warranty, and the best customer service in the business.

Bogey Russ, do you do alot of long range shooting where you need a spotting scope? I had the same issue years ago and instead of purchasing a spotting scope, I just purchased a high power scope for my rifle. When I shoot long range 600 yards and beyond, its nice to be able to see bullet holes that far right after I fired the shot. Do not have to stop, get out from the gun and look through a spotting scope and then get in position again to fire another shot. I have a 6x24 scope now but did have a 4.5X30. They both worked good for target spotting, I will spot for other shooters when they are shooting. The problem for me of course is, if I want to look at something other than a target at a range, it would be much easier to get a spotting scope out than my long range rifle. All that being said, I would look at vortex optics for a scope/spotting scope. My 6x24 is a vortex pst. Great scope. Great company, lifetime transferable warranty, and the best customer service in the business.
i am blind as a bat even with my contacts lol
plus i never or hardly ever go to the range alone so im either being watched or watching while shooting... we either share a lane or are lucky enough to have lanes side by side
when im alone it would seem to be a pain to use a spotting scope by myself but with someone else like today... it was pretty cool and at $10 to rent i think it would be worth it to get one for under $100

This is true. You could probably pick up a decent one for that. I am lucky in the fact that I dont have to go to ranges. I live in BFE, I have a range at my house,only 250 yards and have several friends that have lots of land where we could shoot however far we want. My buddy who shoots 1000 yard competition has 700 yard range behind his house. He designed his house that the walk out basement, when you walk out of it, you are at his concrete shooting benches. Very cool. Living in bfe has its advantages. We do not use spotting scopes there or anywhere else we shoot. Just something else to drag around.

This is true. You could probably pick up a decent one for that. I am lucky in the fact that I dont have to go to ranges. I live in BFE, I have a range at my house,only 250 yards and have several friends that have lots of land where we could shoot however far we want. My buddy who shoots 1000 yard competition has 700 yard range behind his house. He designed his house that the walk out basement, when you walk out of it, you are at his concrete shooting benches. Very cool. Living in bfe has its advantages. We do not use spotting scopes there or anywhere else we shoot. Just something else to drag around.
man id love to have lots of land... being in a populated area sucks except for the fact there are literally a hundred golf courses around here
my buddy is building a house out in the country and he's already bulldozed an area for his own shooting range
like i said before i cant see very far naturally so to have something to magnify the target while someone else is shooting or someone spotting for me is a benefit
how in the crap can you even see 700yrds without being behind the scope... heck i was struggling at 200yrds without one

I probably have access to 3000 to 5000 acres of land that family and friends own to do whatever i wish. Which by the way is hunting fishing or farming. There are not as many courses around here i am sure but within a 30 mile circle there are 6. Four of which are 18 hole courses. I belong to a city 9 hole course. Has great greens and tees. Not as nice as yours and neither are the other ones i am sure but it is cheap. I have a family membership with 2 cart sheds as well all for 600 dollars for the entire year.i own my own carts. No tee times and unlimited play. All the other courses are similiar priced as well except for the private country club. Its cheap living. Everyone owns guns hunts and a ton of us golf as well.

Archery, what part of Missouri are you in?

Finally going to get to the range this weekend to put a few rounds through mine and my brothers new firearms. Have to test out my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 and my brothers Beretta 9mm, Colt AR-15 and some new backpack rifle that takes Glock 9mm handgun magazines, I cant remember the name. Really excited.

<random>

Like a million years ago (seemingly) I ordered a "shooters pack" of 10 Magpul non-windowed 30 rounders for a whopping $100. Forgot all about it after going on backorder, and yesterday got a call saying they were in and they were still going to fulfill my order at the same price! The order was pre-frenzy, and I can't believe they honored the deal.

DSG Arms is WIN!

<random>

Like a million years ago (seemingly) I ordered a "shooters pack" of 10 Magpul non-windowed 30 rounders for a whopping $100. Forgot all about it after going on backorder, and yesterday got a call saying they were in and they were still going to fulfill my order at the same price! The order was pre-frenzy, and I can't believe they honored the deal.

DSG Arms is WIN!

That's awesome man! Keep us updated when they get in, 10 for $100 is a great deal post frenzy

<random>

DSG Arms is WIN!
that took forever... but thats pretty cool... like a surprise that you actually like hahaha

Magpuls are the best. I want to get some 10 shotters so I can legally hunt with them. In Missouri you can only hunt with 10 shot or less mag. I hunt with a 5 shot now. To Doug the lefty, I live in South Central Missouri.

Magpuls are the best. I want to get some 10 shotters so I can legally hunt with them. In Missouri you can only hunt with 10 shot or less mag. I hunt with a 5 shot now. To Doug the lefty, I live in South Central Missouri.

We might not be too far from each other-our farms are south of Marshall.

more and more parts are becoming available and the prices are dropping
i need to save up so i can build another one

Remington announced they are expanding their ammunition facilities.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Figured I would join in on this thread. Guns have been one of my biggest hobbies for the past year or so and is the only thing I do that is more expensive than golf. Ordered a M&P shield 9mm back in February and it came in Tuesday. Shot 4 clips through it that afternoon and am really impressed. Also in the process of building my second AR, this time in 5.56 instead of 6.8 spc.

6.8SPC? Wow that is a very specialized cartridge. I don't believe I've ever even seen one of those up here.

A lot of companies are trying to get it to become the new military round after the issues with the 5.56

But the new 5.56 round is supposed to be a lot better then the previous (they reworked the construction of the projectiles)

Though personally I think the 6.5 Grendel wold be better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back