SCOR Golf - The Official Thread

I got 13 rounds in with the SCOR wedges and I'll add 2 quick impressions.
1. You can control the flight of the ball more than any other wedges I have ever used. This increased versatility is more than welcome, but it did require me to be more aware of what I'm doing.
2. I love the v sole. It just works as advertised.
I can punch them 3ft off the ground for a good distance.
I can sky them straight up.
I can hit them like a normal wedge.
These aren't that normal.

Got a chance to hit these this past weekend and I am really interested. I need to get new irons first but after that SCORs are going to be on my ponder list.

I took a couple swings with the 48 degree I believe and really enjoyed the ball flight and the feel of the club in my hands. The smaller head size does take a little getting used to. My man Kobey has a great little sheet that helps him select the perfect SCOR for the shot he wants to hit. Thanks again Kobey for letting me take some swings with these sweet clubs!

I just went through the same scenario. Irons received a few weeks ago, irons played on course one round. Then did a fitting for the Scor wedges. I now have 3 in the bag. Took them to the range today and I am really liking the feel of these.
Oh, and I posted a pic of you today (not really you) in the Stage 2 thread.
Got a chance to hit these this past weekend and I am really interested. I need to get new irons first but after that SCORs are going to be on my ponder list.

I took a couple swings with the 48 degree I believe and really enjoyed the ball flight and the feel of the club in my hands. The smaller head size does take a little getting used to. My man Kobey has a great little sheet that helps him select the perfect SCOR for the shot he wants to hit. Thanks again Kobey for letting me take some swings with these sweet clubs!

I just went through the same scenario. Irons received a few weeks ago, irons played on course one round. Then did a fitting for the Scor wedges. I now have 3 in the bag. Took them to the range today and I am really liking the feel of these.
Oh, and I posted a pic of you today (not really you) in the Stage 2 thread.

Haha I saw that good stuff man.

Which SCORs did you get? I will be following your write ups and reviews and very interested to see how they work for you.

I did a fitting with some great people. I was fit into a 51, 54, and a 58. I have had them on the course for 9, but it was not much aof a round. I did get to take a full swing with the 51 for the first time and it was fantastic. Today, on the range, I was just taking full swings to get a feel for the clubs. I have never neen comfortable taking a full swing with anything high lofted than my PW. I hit some of the prettiest high shots that I have ever hit today. Hopefully I can gain some confidence with these this week and get them on a course again soon.
Haha I saw that good stuff man.

Which SCORs did you get? I will be following your write ups and reviews and very interested to see how they work for you.

I got over to the range today and put in some work with the 58*. I hit the first 30 or so balls to a flag about 60yds out. What an easy shot with this club. I was working with the wedge to produce high, low,L/R , and R/L shots. This club is great. I then moved on to a much more full swing to about 90yds, but it could have been 100. Not sure because of where the hitting area was set up today. I work on the same shots as I was with the 60yd shots. Really trying to get comfortable with the full swing with the 58*. I have had severee issuse with higher lofted clubs and taking full swings. I think that may be in my past. These are rather easy and simple to hit with a full swing and I am loving this club. Next time at the range, I will get out the 54* and start learning about it and what I can do with it.

I have a 45, 49, 53 and 57 coming! Went with +4 grips for my gorilla mitts and will be replacing my 825 Pro PW and GW as well as my Vokey SM4 54 and 58. Looking forward to getting these new wedges in my bag!!!

I have a 45, 49, 53 and 57 coming! Went with +4 grips for my gorilla mitts and will be replacing my 825 Pro PW and GW as well as my Vokey SM4 54 and 58. Looking forward to getting these new wedges in my bag!!!

Nice. Going with 4 of the Scors' should work nicely. Keep us posted when you start playing them. I sure have been loving mine.

Question to SCOR / any shaft experts:

I have Genius 12's currently, but hit the graphite Genius 9 shaft at the outing in Orlando last month and loved the feel. What real effect would I see in swapping my current setup to something with the 9's in them? Higher ball flight? Lower? More/Less spin? No change?

I demoed the Scor 51* from an offer on their website and I was expecting greatness. Although the club performed off most lies the heaviness of the club threw me off. The club may help out higher handicaps but for me it felt like your average wedge. I was wanting a little more. Not saying that it is a bad club because its not I just wanted a little more from it from the hype of it and the price tag on it.

Question to SCOR / any shaft experts:

I have Genius 12's currently, but hit the graphite Genius 9 shaft at the outing in Orlando last month and loved the feel. What real effect would I see in swapping my current setup to something with the 9's in them? Higher ball flight? Lower? More/Less spin? No change?

Maybe you could try emailing them directly and letting us know what they said.

I demoed the Scor 51* from an offer on their website and I was expecting greatness. Although the club performed off most lies the heaviness of the club threw me off. The club may help out higher handicaps but for me it felt like your average wedge. I was wanting a little more. Not saying that it is a bad club because its not I just wanted a little more from it from the hype of it and the price tag on it.

Sorry you had that experience. I think a lot of lower HCP players really enjoy these, and do not think they are targeted at any specific handicap

I have throughly enjoyed my SCOR wedges, and I play to anywhere from a 6-9 hcp. I have really improved with them over the past few months. I struggled initially just because they seem to dig a bit for my liking in soggier turf, but I got over it. Also, this was the first time that I ever gamed a wedge over 56*, but I feel great around the greens with my 59* now.

I think these wedges just take a bit of work and familiarity to get used to them.

It was not a bad experience just not what I had expected from a wedge that expensive and hype

It was not a bad experience just not what I had expected from a wedge that expensive and hype

Fair enough, but you did say that you thought they would be better for a high handicapper and I don't know if I think that's necessarily true

I said that because they felt normal to me

Just like any other wedge on the market that is forged

So I got some of these at the outing ( 51, 54 and 59, thank you wheel of destiny!) and now that I have a few rounds with them I'm getting a little more familiar with them. I have taken the 51 out as I had just recently purchased a Cleveland 588 RTX 50, so I'm using it and then the 54 and 59 SCORs for now.

I have to say I'm really loving these wedges. They really perform well around the greens. I haven't hit too many full swing shots with them so far, but when I have I really haven't had any trouble like I've heard others have. I still have a lot of work to get the feel for distances <50 yards, but that is just going to take practice time. Overall, I'm quite please with them and looking forward to more rounds with them.

I have throughly enjoyed my SCOR wedges, and I play to anywhere from a 6-9 hcp. I have really improved with them over the past few months. I struggled initially just because they seem to dig a bit for my liking in soggier turf, but I got over it. Also, this was the first time that I ever gamed a wedge over 56*, but I feel great around the greens with my 59* now.

I think these wedges just take a bit of work and familiarity to get used to them.

If I could change these a bit I'd round out the leading edge just a little. I'm not talking about the sole, I just mean the edge. It's a bit sharper than I'm used to.

I have played a few rounds with these now and can honestly say that these are the best wedges that I have ever bagged. I have had only one issue with them, and that was at Winstar 2 weeks ago. I had about 40yds with the 58* and dug the club in the the ground. The ground was pretty wet at the time.

I just found this thread and haven't had the time to read the whole thing, so I apologize in advance if my question has already been addressed :

I did the 30 day demo of a SCOR Wedge last July. The club was simply amazing around the greens. Truly the best club I have ever used. Unfortunately, I had to return it. My 1/2 - 3/4 - Full shots from the fairway were all very heavy. I was digging trenches out there. I spent an hour at the range working on this one day and felt bad for the super. It looked like I had vandalized the course.

Fast forward to DemoDay 2013. I spent the majority of my time working with wedges this year. Once again, the SCOR was head and shoulders above the rest around the green. I take the wedge to the range to hit some full shots and it was more of the same. I just kept digging 2 inch deep trenches. I was determined to figure it out. At one point someone finally came over and told me that I should just put the club away and move on.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this? I heard the VSole may not work well with my swing (Path or Angle). I currently use the Taylormade ATVs. Their sole seems similar, but I have no problems with it from the fairway.

Finally got to the range to put some work in with my new SCOR wedges, and all I can say is WOW. Incredible feel, consistent distance and ball flight. I'm feeling more confident about my short game shots and I haven't even played a round with them yet. I'm very, very pleased with my purchase!

Just finished my 30 day demo program. Played in 2 tournaments and a couple of rounds with the 51* and all I can say is it flat our performs. One big issue I have with my other wedges is their inconsistency with impact I can honestly say I did not hit a bad shot (short/long) with the SCOR wedge. Now left and right yes had a few that got away but this thing was money if I was 110-95 yards out smooth swing and it was a lazer to the pin. I actually had about 4 shots where I was inside the leather and it has been a long time since I have had wedge shots finish that close. While I can't afford to pick up a full set now I am indeed planning on replacing my 9 - LW with 5 club SCOR setup once I have the opportunity to do so (hopefully they will have another holiday deal for 2013 with free 5th club) and building the rest of my set off of those clubs.

Honestly after hitting mine today I'm considering picking up a 41* to complete my 5 club set. These wedges are incredible!

Back