Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea behind the 6.8 was pretty cool, around with the velocity of the 5.56, but the stopping power of the 7.62, sound like a godsend. Not sure why it didn't stick.

I remember a army buddy of mine got to shoot a Barrett M468, luck ba&@&$

Scored 150 rounds of 9mm today!

I will stick with the 5.56/223. Of course before the govt. gun grabbing you could find 5.56 anywhere. The problem to me with the 6.8 is finding ammo, you can of course order on line or something, but you dont see very much in stores. I have quick twist rates in my ar's which means they will shoot heavy bullets better. I shoot 75 grainers and they do a number on coyotes and deer. I would not shoot a deer farther than a couple of hundred yards with it though. If you have an ar-15 and want a 6.8 just buy another upper and you have another rifle. Put a scope on it and sight it in, when you want to change to 5.56 take the upper 6.8 off and your ready to go, its that easy. Alot of the newer 6.8's are the 6.8SPC 2. They are hotter than the first 6.8's that came out years ago. There are a some companies that make the hotter ammo and most all companies putting out 6.8's now are making the 6.8spc2. I feel the first 6.8 was released to soon, it is capable of so much more than its original loading. The military and others have messed with it and have came up with some 6.8's that are awesome. I would have one I suppose but as mentioned before the ammo thing and that would also mean having another caliber to buy for. I am ex military, active duty army and I didnt back then or do I now feel undergunned with a 5.56. To those wanting to purchase an ar-15. Make sure you buy one that is stamped 5.56. You can shoot 5.56 or 223 in it. If you buy one that is stamped 223 you cant shoot 5.56 ammo through it. The 5.56 has higher pressures and 223 stamped rifles wont handle it. I would not have one that is not a 5.56. If the sh-- hits the fan, you could shoot military 5.56 ammo through your rifle, and there is tons of military stuff around. Just me two cents. To Doug the Lefty, I live close to the arkansas line.

Mines in the 6.8 spc 2. I bought a couple hundred rounds before prices went crazy and now reload so ammo costs aren't too crazy. For general shooting I love the 5.56 caliber and killed my first deer with one about 10 years ago. The 6.8 is mostly a deer and hog gun, but have a few 5.56 AR's for general shooting. I like the 6.8 over the 6.5 for its perfromance in shorter barrel configurations.

I agree on the 6.8 over the 6.5. If you are going to get a 20 inch the 6.5 might be better. Alot of folks are getting 2700-2900 fps with a 110-120 grainers out of 16 inch barrels, that is what I call a short, handly, lightweight deer/hog/coyote rifle. Where at in Bama are you?

just get a .50 cal beowulf upper for your AR:banana:

i just got back from walmart and the only ammo they had fresh off the truck was 380 lol

I agree on the 6.8 over the 6.5. If you are going to get a 20 inch the 6.5 might be better. Alot of folks are getting 2700-2900 fps with a 110-120 grainers out of 16 inch barrels, that is what I call a short, handly, lightweight deer/hog/coyote rifle. Where at in Bama are you?

About 20 minutes north of Montgomery.

aim surplus has mosin nagants in stock... i might pick one up

I am south central Missouri but my mom was from North Alabama, Russellville. I have an Aunt, Uncle and cousins that live in Calera, and Columbiana. Not to far from you I think. Have not been there in awhile.

aim surplus has mosin nagants in stock... i might pick one up
I LOVE my Mosin. Mine was garbage, for only $80, but I refinished it and cleaned the bejesus out of it and it shoots great.
Spoiler
DSC00591.jpg

Also, UPS brought me something yesterday!!

Spoiler
IMAG0249_zpsf27e35da.jpg

True hahah. Are you going to put the scope on that thing?
im going to take that gigantor scope off my AR15 and put it on the mosin since the mosin is much better at targets farther away
then ill put some kinda red dot on my AR
I LOVE my Mosin. Mine was garbage, for only $80, but I refinished it and cleaned the bejesus out of it and it shoots great.
Spoiler
DSC00591.jpg

Also, UPS brought me something yesterday!!

Spoiler
IMAG0249_zpsf27e35da.jpg
that mosin looks brand new... so pretty... you did an amazing job on the restoration
oh an i need more magazines hahaha

just picked up 450 rounds of high velocity 22lr for $20

Those Mosins are tough guns!

yeah you gotta grab what you can even if you dont need it right away. I just picked up a new glock 27 and now im looking for a fun reliable .22lr pistol so i can go shoot more

im surprised this even aired the way the media is so biased

Thanks for posting. First time I saw that one, and from ABC. Wow, they finally had a truthful story about guns and gun owners.

I have two buddies coming over today, bringing their 50 cals.

They want to shoot Prarie dogs.... :rolleyes:

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

You can do magic tricks with those!

*poof* there it was, gone.

I have two buddies coming over today, bringing their 50 cals.

They want to shoot Prarie dogs.... :rolleyes:

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I stopped in the gun shop yesterday for the first time in a month or so. Lots of ARs in stock, definitely giving me an itch for a new one.

I call praire dogs pasture poodles. After you shoot them with those 50 cals. They will then be called pasture puddles. Wont be much left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back