Cleveland 588 MT Irons Preview Thread

War Eagle it sounds like you and Jman could have a bag set-up similar to Charlie Beljan!

War Eagle it sounds like you and Jman could have a bag set-up similar to Charlie Beljan!
Lol. And I bet Charlier hits his 3i longer than my 5i and 6i put together!

Lol. And I bet Charlier hits his 3i longer than my 5i and 6i put together!

Perhaps, his WITB was in a recent magazine and it did seem he hit his irons fairly long.
Why don't you go with something like that for the Morgan Cup in your bag set-up. It could make room for extra wedges, a left handed club, another driver or maybe a chipper. Just a thought.

cant wait to get on course with my new 4i, theres several holes that this club would benefit my game at my club course. Thing is I wont need it till the 5th thats too long to wait. but i'll have it out on 8, 10 maybe 11 and 12 def 14 and 16 wind dependant

I really am a broken record when it comes to these irons, but the 5 and 6 have been game changers for me when it comes to being 180+ out. Pulling the 5 and 6 iron in the past has caused hesitation, but today on the course, I pulled them with confidence and hit some beautiful shots.

A Par 3 comes to mind, playing around 176 yards, and the safe play is a small draw to avoid the trees down the left side. In the past, I just hit and pray. Today, prior to my shot, I called my shot aiming down the left side and over the trees relying on my cut to bring the ball back to the green. Hitting a HIGH 6iron is so unlike me, but today it was perfect. Over the trees, small fade and for a second or two I thought I aced it.

MT long irons are for real.

You hit these ridiculously well today.

I really am a broken record when it comes to these irons, but the 5 and 6 have been game changers for me when it comes to being 180+ out. Pulling the 5 and 6 iron in the past has caused hesitation, but today on the course, I pulled them with confidence and hit some beautiful shots.

A Par 3 comes to mind, playing around 176 yards, and the safe play is a small draw to avoid the trees down the left side. In the past, I just hit and pray. Today, prior to my shot, I called my shot aiming down the left side and over the trees relying on my cut to bring the ball back to the green. Hitting a HIGH 6iron is so unlike me, but today it was perfect. Over the trees, small fade and for a second or two I thought I aced it.

MT long irons are for real.
Confidence in the long irons is huge man, something I'm lacking, glad u are still seeing success with these irons beags.

That's awesome War.

I can't remember, you went with a mixed set correct?
Yes. 5/6 MTs, 7-PW TTs.

Talked about it during the round today, but the more I think about it, the more I think the split set could have been 5-7 MT 8-PW TT

Gotcha. You've got me really excited to get these irons into play when they arrive. I've for the 6-8 in the MTs. I hit then well in the sim but really want to see them do work on the course

Gotcha. You've got me really excited to get these irons into play when they arrive. I've for the 6-8 in the MTs. I hit then well in the sim but really want to see them do work on the course
They launch the ball so well, trajectory for me is better than any iron I have ever gamed.

Hi all, new to the site and first post. I have become a HUGE Cleveland fan over the last month or so. I traded some MC forged Macgregors for a mint set of used CG16's after demoing them, I HAD to have them. I am toying around with the idea of adding either an Altitude 3 (ditching the hybrid) and 4 and going 5-pw or the MT's but not sure. I am going to hit them over the next week and come up with works best. Either way great to see all the positive feedback.

Hi all, new to the site and first post. I have become a HUGE Cleveland fan over the last month or so. I traded some MC forged Macgregors for a mint set of used CG16's after demoing them, I HAD to have them. I am toying around with the idea of adding either an Altitude 3 (ditching the hybrid) and 4 and going 5-pw or the MT's but not sure. I am going to hit them over the next week and come up with works best. Either way great to see all the positive feedback.

Welcome to the site, and glad to see u are on the Cleveland bandwagon. Definitely try them out and see which works best, solid options all around

Hit them! I would highly suggest hitting each of the new 588 lines, Altitudes/MT/TT and seeing what you like out of each set. With the way Cleveland has designed the line this year, a combo set is a very ideal setup for a lot of people.

Thanks! Great to be here. One another site as well and it seems a bit more level headed around here.

Yeah, thinking I am going to keep the CG16's and add either of the Altitudes or the MT's. From my understanding the lofts on the new irons are the same as the CG's correct?

Yeah, thinking I am going to keep the CG16's and add either of the Altitudes or the MT's. From my understanding the lofts on the new irons are the same as the CG's correct?
Yes, the lofts do match up.

I'm going directly to these on Friday. Nobody better be in my way! Swung all three models in a sim and these felt the best but I need to see them work in the real world.

I'm going directly to these on Friday. Nobody better be in my way! Swung all three models in a sim and these felt the best but I need to see them work in the real world.

Wish I could be there to try them out, havent given them a fair shake, have loved both the altitudes and the tt's that I've tried extensively though so far.

The way I hit the R11s this weekend, I amped than ready to get my 588 mixed set in play.

That makes two of us. The R11s were unkind to me as well

For me, i just lose too much distance on my long iron mishits. I generally know why my short irons suck, but I made a few swings I thought should be pretty good this past weekend that just kind of fell out of the sky. It was so wet, each strike left a mark on the face that wasnt too far from center either.

For me, i just lose too much distance on my long iron mishits. I generally know why my short irons suck, but I made a few swings I thought should be pretty good this past weekend that just kind of fell out of the sky. It was so wet, each strike left a mark on the face that wasnt too far from center either.

I had that issue as well. I know why some if my mid and short iron shots played the way they did but mishits are really penalizing.

Back