thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone recommend a nice course, average price for the area in Vegas? I'll be there next week and hope to get away one afternoon to play.

Provisional is your guy on THP for that. If he does not respond, send him a PM. He lives out there.

Great, thanks JB

Desert Rose is pretty decent, and the price is right. That said there are a lot of courses that are starting to reseed right now. Desert Rose say that they are going to stay open, but might shut down one of the nines to reseed, then the other nine. The other issue is that some courses really sock it to the visiting tourist as far as green fees. I might be able help you with that issue Check the link, and if you have any questions let me know. What days are you in town?

Las Vegas Golf Course Maps | VEGAS.com

Thanks Provisional, It's a quick trip for work and I'm trying to get the itinerary worked out. I fly in Tuesday and back out Friday, but things don't look too good for daylight addictions like mine.

I have four or five hours Thursday afternoon right now and hope it dose not get gobbled up by one of my partners. Be pretty neat if we could play a round. I'll pm when I have a better handle on it.

Thanks, Due

BBBD, looks like I'll be gone by the time you get there. I go this Tuesday the 22nd and fly out the following Friday.

vegas golf

vegas golf

im going there last week of oct. the badlands is a great track and they gave us 65.00 green fees after 12:00. they said they are leading the way for more reasonable green fees because things are so slow there. ive played there about every year since they opened and have paid much more than that. my very favorite in vegas is the lexington at the revere facility. nice courses are all around there but i like seeing something different than is in ks.

Desert Rose's rates as of today for non residents are $49 Monday-Thursday. After 2:30 PM that rate drops to $39. Friday-Sunday the rates are $69 & $49. They don't list a walking rate for non residents. I walk it for $21.00 to $6.75 depending on the time of day Monday-Thursday.

Badlands is a quality course. I just played there yesterday for $39 at 1:00pm. Problem with Badlands is if you are not an accurate golfer, you need to bring some extra balls. They don't call it Badlands for nothing.

The Lexington course is the better of the three I listed in this post. I don't know what the fees are right now, but it is a very nice course. Now that I have been reminded, I will see about playing there next week. It's been over a year since I played there. I won a "Grip Lok" golf bag in a tournament there , which was kind of cool.

resident rates

resident rates

i wish we all could pay local rates one year at the badlands the local in front of me payed about 25% of what i did.

The 2 Vegas courses I've played were Bear's Best and Badlands. Both were awesome.

My best friend lived in Vegas in 2005 and I spent about 3 weeks out there. I stopped playing golf from 2004 til this year and I became clinically depressed, coincidence? I think not ;). If I ever go back I now know where to go to play.

Vegas

Vegas

Recently played the badlands - it's a fun round a bit challenging at times but still a good time. Also played at Angel Park at Palm and Mountain. These are two great courses if you are just looking to head out with some friends and enjoy some golf. They are hard enough to challenge the low handicappers but still resonable for the higher handicap guys. Finally we played at Tuscany. This was a last minute thing and honestly I was not overly impressed with the round. I found the track to be mundane (for vegas) and the facilities (clubhouse and practice areas) were not up to par.

Sounds like a fun trip tee it high. I didn't end up getting to play while I was there, but hope to make it another time.

Have you had a chance to stop by the "Check In Desk" yet? If not, please do and introduce yourself to everyone.

You are correct about Tuscany GC. I have not played there since it's first year for those very reasons. The marshals were absolute gestapo like, and the course was never really taken care of very well. Lot's of barren fairway areas. It has a poor rep among many locals. It's the only course I know of that a course marshal will not let some one make a pit stop at the turn when the nearest group is at least two holes behind them. The folks who live out there like it, but I know a few who prefer to play other courses. I actually played there a few times before it was opened to the public, and like it, but that all changed.
Recently played the badlands - it's a fun round a bit challenging at times but still a good time. Also played at Angel Park at Palm and Mountain. These are two great courses if you are just looking to head out with some friends and enjoy some golf. They are hard enough to challenge the low handicappers but still resonable for the higher handicap guys. Finally we played at Tuscany. This was a last minute thing and honestly I was not overly impressed with the round. I found the track to be mundane (for vegas) and the facilities (clubhouse and practice areas) were not up to par.

Going to be in Vegas end of January for a week any good deals going on that anyone knows about. I have only played out ther once played Desert Pines and enjoyed it. Looking for a review for Bears best.

thanks

Going to be in Vegas end of January for a week any good deals going on that anyone knows about. I have only played out ther once played Desert Pines and enjoyed it. Looking for a review for Bears best.

thanks

I hear Bears Best is just so-so. I haven't played it yet. Badlands is good, Pauite is good and if you want to travel about 45 minutes check out Coyote Springs. One of my new favorites is Boulder Creek.

thanks

Played BB when I was there at the end of September. I wasn't impressed too much with it. It was nice, but there are much nicer courses in the area for comparable money. Just off the top of my head, I would go to Rio Secco before BB.

I am also going there in March. Looking for a moderate price and a course with some excellent views. (We are deprived of such things in Orlando)

A moderate price in March might be tough to find...With the Big Dance in full swing and spring starting up, Vegas ramps up a little then. I am doing a buddies trip to Laughlin in March and some guys are already starting to get priced out. I played a place called Aliente when I was there in the fall and I really enjoyed it. Wasn't over the top extravagant and was priced well. Probably 20 minutes off the strip.

I hear Bears Best is just so-so. I haven't played it yet. Badlands is good, Pauite is good and if you want to travel about 45 minutes check out Coyote Springs. One of my new favorites is Boulder Creek.

I would 2nd Badlands, 3 nice 9 hole layouts with differing looks.

Also played Desert Pines recently, for a course that was limited with available acreage it's a fun design with plenty of challenge.

You might want to call Coyote Springs before you drive all the way out there. Las time I checked it was $250 for round of golf. If you are going to drive that far out of town, you might be better off driving another 20 minutes at try out some those courses in Mesquite, Nevada. Casablanca is very nice course, and usually has decent greens fees.

If you want a nice little course that will test your ability at decent price, have a look at Desert Rose GC. Desert rose is a little easier on the tourist's pocket book than most of the other courses in the area. If you call Boulder Creek, make sure get the name of the person who quotes you a green's fee. They sometimes have creative pricing out there, aka as "bait & switch".

I played Desert Pines today. It was pretty much empty, but is still nice place to play.

Coyote Springs is never $250, the highest they go is $150, plus a $30 caddie fee if before 12, go after 12 and you avoid the caddie fee.

Boulder Creek, I don't know about the switch a roo with green fees, as I just book online and always print out the green fees when going to a new course just in case for situations like prov described. In any case, I think this is one of the best muni courses I have ever played.

Aliante is OK, only a few miles down the road from me and I have played it probably 30 times. The only bad thing about here is if you can't keep it in the fairway you will hit a lot of houses, be picking up your ball as large rocks align the fairway preventing you from hitting your ball and the fairways are crowned so. For what it looks like, it can be a very demanding course if you aren't a straight hitter and keep accurate score. :)

Silverstone Ranch is where I am a member and is good course, 27 holes with the longest par 5 in NV.

Paiute has 3 18 holes of Pete Dye golf that offer great golf. They always keep that course in tip top shape as they are on the Indian reservation and don't have to worry about water there like the rest of the courses do in Vegas. I always recommended this course to anyone who is playing in Las Vegas.

Badlands is always a good bet. The course is always in good shape, the bad part is it is total target golf and your misses will have you playing from the desert, but still a fun course.

Angel Park offers 2 courses that are good also. A public course that has the distinction of most rounds a year in Las Vegas. They are definitely the busiest here in Vegas.

TPC Las Vegas is nice course that is in the same vicinity of Badlands/Angel Park.

The courses with the best views of the Vegas Valley would probably be Rio Secco, Anthem Country Club if you know someone to get on (private course), Bears Best and Red Rock Country Club, they have both a public course and a private course.

Depending on your budget you always have Bali Hai, Desert Pines, Royal Links, Cascada and couple others that get up there in price, i.e. +$150.

A little further out from Vegas in each direction is Mesquite which has Wolf Creek which is a great course and the opposite way is Primm which has both a desert course and a mountain course, both are about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how fast you drive.

For anyone who is coming to Vegas and you are not a foursome, send me a PM and I will come out and play a round with you which will save you some cash as our local rates are a lot better than tourist rates. Save your cash on green fees and cab fare to the courses and use it for beer and cigars. :)

Do you only need 1 local person, or does the whole group need to be local to get the local's price? When we go to Vegas, I'll keep you in mind and we'll use you ;)!!

Coyote Springs is never $250, the highest they go is $150, plus a $30 caddie fee if before 12, go after 12 and you avoid the caddie fee.

Boulder Creek, I don't know about the switch a roo with green fees, as I just book online and always print out the green fees when going to a new course just in case for situations like prov described. In any case, I think this is one of the best muni courses I have ever played.

Aliante is OK, only a few miles down the road from me and I have played it probably 30 times. The only bad thing about here is if you can't keep it in the fairway you will hit a lot of houses, be picking up your ball as large rocks align the fairway preventing you from hitting your ball and the fairways are crowned so. For what it looks like, it can be a very demanding course if you aren't a straight hitter and keep accurate score. :)

Silverstone Ranch is where I am a member and is good course, 27 holes with the longest par 5 in NV.

Paiute has 3 18 holes of Pete Dye golf that offer great golf. They always keep that course in tip top shape as they are on the Indian reservation and don't have to worry about water there like the rest of the courses do in Vegas. I always recommended this course to anyone who is playing in Las Vegas.

Badlands is always a good bet. The course is always in good shape, the bad part is it is total target golf and your misses will have you playing from the desert, but still a fun course.

Angel Park offers 2 courses that are good also. A public course that has the distinction of most rounds a year in Las Vegas. They are definitely the busiest here in Vegas.

TPC Las Vegas is nice course that is in the same vicinity of Badlands/Angel Park.

The courses with the best views of the Vegas Valley would probably be Rio Secco, Anthem Country Club if you know someone to get on (private course), Bears Best and Red Rock Country Club, they have both a public course and a private course.

Depending on your budget you always have Bali Hai, Desert Pines, Royal Links, Cascada and couple others that get up there in price, i.e. +$150.

A little further out from Vegas in each direction is Mesquite which has Wolf Creek which is a great course and the opposite way is Primm which has both a desert course and a mountain course, both are about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how fast you drive.

For anyone who is coming to Vegas and you are not a foursome, send me a PM and I will come out and play a round with you which will save you some cash as our local rates are a lot better than tourist rates. Save your cash on green fees and cab fare to the courses and use it for beer and cigars. :)

Back