How do you choose what color hat to wear?

I usually go white or black hat. I dress pretty colofully, but I can never find hats that match my shirt. If the colors don't match exactly, it bothers me. Standard hat/belt, go colorful on the shoes, shirt, pants.

I only wear my TB rays ball cap, doesnt matter about the rest of my outfit, might be a lucky hat not sure, but fits well so I will wear it until the wheels fall off. Also the hat is blue and I wear black belts with it. Style is something that really concerns me on the golf course.

I always wear a grey or black hat.

Ha. I'm not smart enough to put my theory in to hats in words without sounding like an idiot. But I generally will use my hat to blend together my pants, belt and shirt. Sometimes is just a straight match to the shoes, sometimes the belt, sometimes its to play off the shirt, belt, shoes. Sometimes I'm trying to pull accents from either my belt or shirt to make those stand out more...I have a lot of theory that goes into it..lol
^^This^^

I was wondering how to put it in to words. Thanks.
I have black, white, blue, grey, and THP.

I usually go black or white, matching whichever shoes I'm wearing that day.

Not read all of the replies so I will make the assumption it has already been mentioned.....

THP Albatross Club hat regardless of what I am wearing

Simple one for me. It's always got to be white. I sweat quite a lot especially in the warmer weather, so any colour other that white tends to get sweat stains pretty quickly. Nice eh!?!

I usually just match my belt which matches my shoes...if not that then match the shirt.

O dear, hats I buy a hat too often I think I have one for every occassion, colour shirt, trousers, shoes combination. Hat junkie

But im missing one.. the Pukka custom THP hat

pretty easy choice when you only have 1 or 2 hats to choose from lol

Yet again another apparent example of how I am fashionably challenged.
Regardless of the color slacks (brown, khaki, blue) I've worn a "coyote" brown cap (it's a .mil thing) for years. My wife is worried that I have too much sun exposure so she recently purchased a tan Aussie style golf hat for me. After reading this thread, I guess the only somewhat mitigating factor is that my shoes are a black & brown wingtip. However even that is probably a stretch.

I generally just wear my THP hat!

I just grab what what ever hat i see first

as a rule whatever trousers i wear i chose a polo,jumper to compliment that colour and in turn the hat generally matches the top,also i wear under armour which is usually matched to belt colour just to break things up.

just a small selection..

On the rare occasion I wear a hat, I'd probably go for option 3. Having said that, being concerned that my hat clashes with my outfit (if that's even possible) is usually the least of my worries whilst out on the course.

White, to hot here for anything else.

Always white.

I don`t often wear a hat but if I do it`s one of two. A Cobra hat to match my irons and bag or a Colorado Avalanche hat they are my favorite hockey team and it matches my ball marker.

For me, it's probably a bit simpler. I try to contrast my hat to the shade of my shirt. I only have one pair of shoes, and their classic style white/brown leather. I have one white belt, and one dark blue belt. I typically contrast my belt against my shirt and shorts. So if I'm wearing dark shorts, I go with the white belt. For the hat, if I'm wearing a darker shade shirt, I go with the white hat. If I wear a light shade shirt, I go with black. However, I never mix black with blue.

~Rock

Back